PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Wells isn't Arizona's for sure?

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Cardinals | League reviewing Wells' contract

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the NFL is reviewing the contract signed with the Arizona Cardinals by OL Reggie Wells. There are several things being argued by the management council and NFL Players Association. The Buffalo Bills signed Wells to a five-year, $18 million offer sheet that was matched by the Cardinals. Wells will still be retained by the Cardinals, but the review has prevented the contract from being executed so that Wells can collect his $3 million signing bonus.

OpIv37
04-06-2006, 12:43 PM
if they deny his contract, is our offer still valid?

ublinkwescore
04-06-2006, 12:45 PM
Come on Arbitrators - give him to us like you gave Laveranues Coles to the Redskins when both the Jets and Skins tendered him an offer!!!!

Devin
04-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Wells will still be retained by the Cardinals, but the review has prevented the contract from being executed so that Wells can collect his $3 million signing bonus.

:yawn:

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
if they deny his contract, is our offer still valid?

i cant see why it would not be. i would think that it is at least something that the bills could argue.

i know it says that the cardinals would still retain him, but how many times have we seen the media be totally off about something.

at least there is a little tiny bit of hope.

EricStratton
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
I guess the league is getting pissed off about these exotic contracts.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
:yawn:

Exactly

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Exactly

now you know how most of us feel every time you post.

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 01:36 PM
by the way ice.. way to be optimistic, mr. marvlevycandonowrong.

socalfan
04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
If there is a problem with the contract and it is rejected by the NFL...then wouldn't that give the Bills an opportunity to sign Wells to another offer sheet?

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 02:42 PM
that is what i was thinking socal.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
"Wells will still be retained by the Cardinals, but the review has prevented the contract from being executed so that Wells can collect his $3 million signing bonus."

Seems pretty clear cut to me. Would like to have him though, but I think it's a moot point.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ickybaluky
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
No, he stays with Arizona no matter what, it is merely a techical interpretation of the contract. The contract is valid either way.

From John Clayton (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john#20060405):

While the challenges by the management council and the NFLPA won't affect the team he will play for -- he will be a Cardinal -- it has prevented the contract from being executed so that Wells can collect his $3 million signing bonus.

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 02:57 PM
I think

:rolleyes:

Tatonka
04-06-2006, 02:58 PM
No, he stays with Arizona no matter what, it is merely a techical interpretation of the contract. The contract is valid either way.

From John Clayton (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john#20060405):

While the challenges by the management council and the NFLPA won't affect the team he will play for -- he will be a Cardinal -- it has prevented the contract from being executed so that Wells can collect his $3 million signing bonus.

thanks NE.. i was just for some sign of hope that melvin fowler and some rookies are not the only answer we have for our Oline issues.

Ickybaluky
04-06-2006, 03:10 PM
thanks NE.. i was just for some sign of hope that melvin fowler and some rookies are not the only answer we have for our Oline issues.

I think the thing you need to give the OL is time. I imagine the Bills will address it in the draft. You can get immediate OL starters in the draft, although they usually come on the first day.

Either way, the biggest thing with OL play is getting them to play as a unit. As a group, teamwork is as important as talent. You can win with young OL, but you need to get them playing together to develop consistency.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
I think the thing you need to give the OL is time. I imagine the Bills will address it in the draft. You can get immediate OL starters in the draft, although they usually come on the first day.

Either way, the biggest thing with OL play is getting them to play as a unit. As a group, teamwork is as important as talent. You can win with young OL, but you need to get them playing together to develop consistency.

Draft one of the top 3 tackles. Address Guard and DT in this draft. Give them a whole season with the other guys already here. We do that and we are in much better shape for 07

AndreReed83
04-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Looks to me like the Players Association is delaying so they can get one of their clients more money, pretty cut and dry.