PDA

View Full Version : PRIMETIME SCAM

Bill Brasky
04-06-2006, 01:39 PM
I can understand us not getting a primetime game because "we sucked" last year... but there were other teams that sucked worse and did nothing to improve that got multiple games.

pitt - 2 home, 2 away
nyg - 1 home, 3 away
was - 2 home, 1 away
oak - 2 home, 1 away
dallas - 2 home, 2 away
jax - 2 home
denver - 3 home, 1 away
no - 1 home
chi - 1 home, 2 away
philly - 2 home
sd - 1 home, 1 away
arizona - 1 home
carolina - 2 home, 1 away
minnesota - 1 home, 2 away
new england - 1 home, 2 away
seattle - 3 home, 1 away
kc - 1 home, 1 away
cincy - 1 home, 1 away
st louis - 1 home
atl - 1 home, 1 away
indy - 1 home, 2 away
gb - 1 home, 2 away
baltimore - 2 away
mia - 1 home, 1 away
tampa bay - 1 away
cleveland - 1 away
san fran - 1 away
jets - 1 away

28 of 32 teams get at least 1 game....

4 left out

tenn
houston
buffalo
detroit

23 teams get at least 1 home game...

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Nice researching Freeman....I can't believe the 9ers get a NIGHT game. What's up with that? And even the Jets without us getting one. Christ.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Look where those teams are drafting. As for as NO is concerned, the NFL is trying to help them as much as possible. The raiders will always get a primetime game. So will both NY Teams being in a major market.

What gets me is SF gets to be on prime time.

Oh well the way to stop that is to WIN.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Don't forget flexible schedule. We'll get in primetime if we can prove we deserve it.

Bill Brasky
04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
come on though... minn and gb both get multiple games! what a crock. san fran, jets will be as bad if not worse than us and they get at least 1 game...

while a good team like cincy only gets 2 games?

i think is a f'n joke that 88% of the teams in the league get at least 1 appareance and 4 teams get left out, esp 2 teams that will get bush and leinart.

OpIv37
04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
honestly I hate Bills night games, especially if they're on Sunday or Monday.

Over the past few years this team has sucked, and night games just mean millions of extra football fans get to watch us embarrass ourselves.

Plus, I always get too hyper if we win and too angry if we lose, then I can't sleep and I go to work tired and worthless.

LtBillsFan66
04-06-2006, 01:55 PM

Over the past few years this team has sucked, and night games just mean millions of extra football fans get to watch us embarrass ourselves.

Plus, I always get too hyper if we win and too angry if we lose, then I can't sleep and I go to work tired and worthless. I feel the same way.

Who the **** cares if we're on primetime or not?

Bill Brasky
04-06-2006, 01:55 PM
hey i dont like seeing them get embarrassed, but it's an unfair system if you ask me.

esp making us open with 2 division games on the ****ing road.

justasportsfan
04-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Good, we suck on national tv anywyas

TacklingDummy
04-06-2006, 02:17 PM
come on though... minn and gb both get multiple games! what a crock. san fran, jets will be as bad if not worse than us and they get at least 1 game...

Minnesota was not that bad of a team last year. I can see them getting a Prime time game.

GB: Probably still will have Favre on the team. Many people like to watch him play. If you weren't a Bills fan, what 1 Bill player would you want to see play? And it's usually a QB, and the Bills don't have one.

Jets: Big market team.

San Fran: They are playing the Seahwaks and probably will get killed. What fun is that?

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
You know call it the Buffalo curse or whatever, but we have flat sucked on Prime time. Even in the superbowl years we sucked.

Mski
04-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Oh well the way to stop that is to WIN.

not true i dont remeber the bills getting that many prime time games when they were in the superbowl run? certainly not 4!, and usually not home...
and with the flexible scheduling our struggling team might be bumped to a sundaynight game

SabreEleven
04-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Detroit gets a national game if you count Thanksgiving.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
not true i dont remeber the bills getting that many prime time games when they were in the superbowl run? certainly not 4!, and usually not home...
and with the flexible scheduling our struggling team might be bumped to a sundaynight game

We played Cinci, KC, Jets all on MNF just in 91 by its self I believe.

Kelly started off the game with 3 picks on 3 straight posessions in the cinci game but finished with 5 TD's and 3 ints.

KC Blew us away 33-6 I think at arrowhead and the Jets game is where we came from behind with a Kelly to thurmal TD pass 24-13.

I am full of useless knowledge :roflmao:

Mski
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif

We played Cinci, KC, Jets all on MNF just in 91 by its self I believe.

Kelly started off the game with 3 picks on 3 straight posessions in the cinci game but finished with 5 TD's and 3 ints.

KC Blew us away 33-6 I think at arrowhead and the Jets game is where we came from behind with a Kelly to thurmal TD pass 24-13.

I am full of useless knowledge :roflmao:

did i really just do that?

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:40 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/bowing/2.gif

did i really just do that?

LOL My wife rolls her eyes at me when I pull this crap outta no where. BTW I have the cinci game and the Pittsburgh game (Kelly 6 TD's and beebe going off!) on tape. When the seasons suck, I go put them in the VCR....

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 02:44 PM
LOL My wife rolls her eyes at me when I pull this crap outta no where. BTW I have the cinci game and the Pittsburgh game (Kelly 6 TD's and beebe going off!) on tape. When the seasons suck, I go put them in the VCR....

I have the 89 divisional playoff game vs Cleveland on tape ie Ronnie Harmon Game....was at the game, had a friend tape it for me. We can watch Eric Metcalf run a kickoff back for a TD. Or even better Felix Wright upend Mr. Beebe, Don hit his head-i can see that in my head now, the ball pop out and Felix caught it before hitting the ground.

I'd still love to know how that play was ruled incomplete.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I have the 89 divisional playoff game vs Cleveland on tape ie Ronnie Harmon Game....was at the game, had a friend tape it for me. We can watch Eric Metcalf run a kickoff back for a TD. Or even better Felix Wright upend Mr. Beebe, Don hit his head-i can see that in my head now, the ball pop out and Felix caught it before hitting the ground.

I'd still love to know how that play was ruled incomplete.

And if you remember kelly hit harmon in the endzone for what could have been a game winning TD. After the game what was Harmons excuse for not catching the ball? (BTW it still pisses me off to this day)

Dozerdog
04-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Nice researching Freeman....I can't believe the 9ers get a NIGHT game. What's up with that? And even the Jets without us getting one. Christ.

Because those cities have a combined 15 million TV viewers.

Do the math

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 09:56 PM
And if you remember kelly hit harmon in the endzone for what could have been a game winning TD. After the game what was Harmons excuse for not catching the ball? (BTW it still pisses me off to this day)

I also remember Jim Kelly hitting a WIDE OPEN Clay Matthews, problem is Clay was wearing orange, at the 1 the play after that :)

No I don't remember the quote/excuse. Do share.

PUCKER
04-07-2006, 12:29 AM

Plus, I always get too hyper if we win and too angry if we lose, then I can't sleep and I go to work tired and worthless.

This is true. Our team just doesnt deserve to be in primetime with the way weve played the past couple seasons. Dont get me wrong. Id love to have the games,as long as they dont embarrass everyone.

LtFinFan66
04-07-2006, 12:37 AM
I can understand us not getting a primetime game because "we sucked" last year... but there were other teams that sucked worse and did nothing to improve that got multiple games.

pitt - 2 home, 2 away
nyg - 1 home, 3 away
was - 2 home, 1 away
oak - 2 home, 1 away
dallas - 2 home, 2 away
jax - 2 home
denver - 3 home, 1 away
no - 1 home
chi - 1 home, 2 away
philly - 2 home
sd - 1 home, 1 away
arizona - 1 home
carolina - 2 home, 1 away
minnesota - 1 home, 2 away
new england - 1 home, 2 away
seattle - 3 home, 1 away
kc - 1 home, 1 away
cincy - 1 home, 1 away
st louis - 1 home
atl - 1 home, 1 away
indy - 1 home, 2 away
gb - 1 home, 2 away
baltimore - 2 away
mia - 1 home, 1 away
tampa bay - 1 away
cleveland - 1 away
san fran - 1 away
jets - 1 away

28 of 32 teams get at least 1 game....

4 left out

tenn
houston
buffalo
detroit

23 teams get at least 1 home game...Welcome to our last year. We had none last year and there were worse teams...very similiar situation

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 04:16 AM
Because those cities have a combined 15 million TV viewers.

Do the math

Just because there's 15 million viewers (actually closer to 24) doesn't mean everybody watches. You guys tend to forget that the NYC area is loaded with people that move there for work, not neccessarily born and raised. And there aren't many people that religiously watch the Jets and Giants, though they have their diehards just like every other fanbase.

It's different with the Bills. Christ... my mom and dad, both of whom aren't even interested in sports, both watch the Bills when they have primetime games. It's the same with the Packers. They are 1/5 the size of the Buffalo market, yet nobody seems to have a problem putting them on 3 or 4 times a year. When towns like GB and Buffalo are on, the whole town shuts down. It's not the case in a big area like NYC where half the people could care less.

And if you look at the ratings, Buffalo games are consistantly in the top 10 every year as far as NFL viewers.

People have so many misconceptions about this team it's not even funny. "they're broke, they have no fan base, nobody watches the games, they don't sell out". People need to get a clue.

LtFinFan66
04-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Detroit gets a national game if you count Thanksgiving.Which would mean a 3rd for the Fins

BillsFever21
04-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Here we go with the whining about the schedules again. I could care less if we're on primetime. I'd rather the game be at 1pm instead of waiting all day for it anyway.

SabreEleven
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Welcome to our last year. We had none last year and there were worse teams...very similiar situation

But you guys are gay

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Here we go with the whining about the schedules again. I could care less if we're on primetime. I'd rather the game be at 1pm instead of waiting all day for it anyway.
Well, I guess I care because living here I never get to see the games unless I drive up to BUF or they are playing the Jets.

It'd be nice to watch them on TV at least 1 time during the season, other than at the Ralph.

I guess I don't get it. I hate conspiracy theories, but I really sometimes wonder if some top tier guys in the league office just love watching the Bills and their fans get all pissed off by pulling stunts like this.

All but 3 teams got at least 1 nationally televised game, the Bills being one of them... and it happens almost every ****ing year. It's not like it's a first time thing... and when they do give us a slot, they match us up against a team we have no shot of beating.

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Bottom line is theyre not going to give any prime time games to a small market team who sucks for ten years. The Bengals just started getting back to playing prime time games. It sucks, but its all a money and ratings thing. The networks are all about making money and attracting viewers. We've done nothing to make the league think that we could be a draw.

Dozerdog
04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
Well, I guess I care because living here I never get to see the games unless I drive up to BUF or they are playing the Jets.

It'd be nice to watch them on TV at least 1 time during the season, other than at the Ralph.

I guess I don't get it. I hate conspiracy theories, but I really sometimes wonder if some top tier guys in the league office just love watching the Bills and their fans get all pissed off by pulling stunts like this.

All but 3 teams got at least 1 nationally televised game, the Bills being one of them... and it happens almost every ****ing year. It's not like it's a first time thing... and when they do give us a slot, they match us up against a team we have no shot of beating.OK, using your numbers, if only 10% of San Fran and New York Viewers tune in, and if 100% of Buffalo's viewers tune in, SF & NY still draw twice as much viewers

Historian
04-08-2006, 05:51 AM
I'm not a big fan of night games, and neither are the players.

But there is the respect factor. Being ignored is a true lack of respect for the franchise.

It's like the Pro Bowl. Nobody wants to play in it...but everyone wants the prestige of being voted in.

YardRat
04-08-2006, 05:58 AM
What gets me is SF gets to be on prime time.

The NFL is looking to ride the coat-tails of the success of 'Brokeback Mountain', that's why SF got a night game.

Good marketing stategy.