PDA

View Full Version : Pittman4Two NFL League Offseason Power Rankings - 2006

Pittman4Two
04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Hello Bills fans, it's been awhile since I stopped by. Hope all is well at the Rich.

I noticed that CBS and Fox have already had their own version of the power rankings, however I believe they're a bit skewered because of their loyalty to the Patriots as well as the Colts and Steelers. Below is a more level-headed, straight-shooter-type ranking list according to the research I've done during this 2006 offseason. Please read below.

P42 Power Rankings - NFL League Offseason - 2006

1. The Tampa Bay Buccanneers - With Jon Gruden being the offensive genius and guru that he is, having a QB with the pedigree of Chris Simms makes the man salivate. Pittman as well as Cadillac will be a force to reckon with.

2. The New England Patriots - Tom Brady still has the knack to find open receiver when they are not covered by an opposing defensive back. Look for Vrabel to become more of a force.

3. The Seattle Seahawks - I've read various reports that the Seahawks will in fact play on national television in order to appease their fanbase across the country. This helps those of us who could not adequately receive a adequate reception from Seattle.

4. The New Orleans Saints - Signing Drew Brees udderly launched the Saints to respectability. Brees is a smart, accurate quarterback that throws directly at his receivers when he's accurate. I'd like to see McCallister more involved in the running game--his fantasy stats declined last season.

5. The Indiananapolis Colts - The Colts are still in the AFC, therefore look for them to aim for the playoffs with a new-look running back and Peyton Manning.

6. The Dallas Cowboys - Quincy Carter has been signed by the Canadian Football League to play football in Canada. Therefore, he's not expected back at Valley Ranch. Bledsoe can now focus on his own gameplan without worrying about the return of the Georgia Tech Bulldog. T.O. was signed in the offseason.

7. The Philadelphia Eagles - Donovan McNabb should be healthy. If not, he'll be injured and therefore will NOT be 100%. The addition of Jeffrey Garthia has in fact lighted a fire underneath McNabb to pick up his game or else.

8. The Kansas City Chiefs - I've always loved when a coach gets involved with his own football team. Vermeil fits this profile to a tea. Since Kansas City is known for their "12th man" home crowd, they should be competetive in every game this season.

9. The Carolina Panthers - They were catapulted to the top 10 because of signing the "Key" to success. Look for the Bucs and Panthers to face off at least twice this season. Jake Delhome and John Fox make a veritable tandem.

10. The Cleveland Brown - Everyone's afraid to say it, but I will: Charlie Frye will lead the Browns to put a W in the win column. A good, young QB with talent, Frye commands respect and with a coach like Romeo Crennel, anything's possible.

11. The Pittsburgh Steelers - Finally Super Bowl champs again. It must've been quite embarrassing to have been a new fan of this team only to win the Super Bowl last season. I hope, for the fans' sake, the Steelers continue to try to win football games. I like Bill Cowher, however the refs handed the victory to the Seahawks. Therefore, that is why the Steelers are ranked this low. Win a game by yourselves, STEALERS!

12. The Miami Dolphins - Since I live in Tampa, I feel like I should pay a little more attention to the Dolphins and the Jaguars. Tell you the truth, I'm not happy with the signing of Culpepper. The man is a locker room cancer and therefore cannot be trusted. Look for Huizenga to hand the keys over to the backup QB if Culpepper is injured or benched. Ronnie Brown should flourish this season against the weak AFC South defenses.

13. The Atlanta Falcons - I'm still amazed at the legend that is Michael Wayne Vick. Ever since his days at WVU and that Sugar Bowl victory against FSU, I've been a fan. I look forward to see how he performs with a better offensive line (OL) and the youth of Warrick Dunn.

14. The Minnesota Vikings - Well, they have a champion at quarterback, a running back, and wide receivers if they need them. What do you get when you add all those weapons together? Playoffs. Look for the Vikes to nab the wild card spot.

15. The Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer reminds me of a poor man's Rob Johnson. He's deadly accurate, tough, smart, and has a knack for leading his team to victory. Couple that with the humbleness of Chad Johnson and you have a recipe for some good playoff pie.

16. The Chicago Bears - Rex Grossman carried this team as far as he could with his inexperience. Look for him to start this season with more knowledge than last season.

17. The Washington Redskins - Some may say this is a little low for a Gibbs coached squad, however let's remember that the Skins had around 200 yards of offense combined in the last month of the season. That won't get it done in the NFL League. The loss of Arrington leaves a huge void in the backfield.

18. The New York Jets - The jury is still out on if Vinny will return to Orchard Park for a farewell season. This ranking is predicated that he will, in fact, retire. If he does return, swap spots with the Bears.

19. The New York Giants - My G-Men. I have to admit folks, I have been wooed by the big blue G-Men. The Pewter Pirates are still my first love, but the G-Men remind me of that one girl at that harbor stop back when you were an insen in the Navy.

20. The Buffalo Bills - The loss of Bledsoe, the young nurturing of young JP Loseman, the loss of Travis Henry, the loss of Thurman Thomas, and the declining of Eric Moulds have forced the Bills to start thinking about rebuilding.

21. The San Diego Chargers - Enter the Philip Rivers era. The boy will have some growing pains and in turn, the running game will suffer. LT may struggle to hit 1500 yards this season...a definite eye-opener for SD fans.

22. The Houston Texans - I think I'm one of the only Bucs fans that likes David Carr. The kid has the talent and skill to be one of the greats, however he needs adequate protection from the penetrating defensive lines. You might refer to their OL as "Swiss Cheese" since it has holes in it like swiss cheese.

23. The Arizona Cardinals - Kurt Warner, Dennis Green, Edgerrin James, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Edgerrin James, and a darn good defense have this team built for the future. An outside shot at a wild card is a possibility.

24. The Tennessee Titans - Air McNair has been grounded recently. I blame that on the coaching staff for 1) waiving Eddie George and 2) waiving Eddie Murray. Two vital cogs on the Titan offense. You should be ashamed Fisher.

25. The Jacksonville Jaguars - Jack Del Rio turned some heads with the solid play of both his offense, defense, and special teams. Leftwich showed why he was worth a draft pick. Greg Jones filled in nicely when Taylor was benched with an injury.

26. The Oakland Raiders - I see nothing but more bad things for the Raiders and Al Davis. Randy Moss underperformed last season due to a poor attitude. Aaron Brooks, Vick's half-brother, continues to impress in his budding career.

27. The St. Louis Rams - I see this team rallying around Mike Martz to try and win games this season. The wild card is not out of the question.

28. The Baltimore Ravens - Anytime you have a pro-bowler and class act such as Raymond Lewis on your ballclub, you'll be in every game. Unfortunately, Brian Billick doesn't feel that way and continues to play Lewis on defense.

29. The San Francisco 49ers - I'm looking forward to see if Alex Smith can live up to the pressure when wearing that #11 jersey.

----------------------

So, there you have it my friends. An unbiased ranking list of the NFL League.

Thoughts?

northernbillfan
04-06-2006, 02:19 PM
unbiased and tampa number one...:rofl:

OpIv37
04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
unbiased and tampa number one...:rofl:

this dude has to be an alias.

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 02:31 PM
UMMM....I'm wondering if he stole power rankings from thebrushback.com

I don't understand half of this and the blurbs on most of these teams are either A. outdated or B. MAKE NO SENSE

The Rams rally around Mike Martz? ummm ok...he's not there anymore, way to keep on top of things.

Chiefs? Vermeil Retired, NEWSFLASH.

I could go on but I feel dumb enough just having to read this post.

words of advice-BEFORE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAVE UP TO DATE CURRENT KNOWLEDGE OF THE LEAGUE OR ELSE YOU LOOK RATHER, how do I put this nicely? DUMB!

By the way nice non-homerism of having the Bucs number 1. :limpclap:

BillsNick
04-06-2006, 02:35 PM
What you've just said....is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
What you've just said....is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Dammit! Where is that quote from! I know it! UGH!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-06-2006, 02:38 PM
GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY! YOU'VE NAILED IT!

Good lord.

BillsNick
04-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Billy Madison

BillsNick
04-06-2006, 02:41 PM
This is the worst thread ever. :puke:

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Billy Madison

Oh yes! The academic Challenge thing! Thanks. :smile:

justasportsfan
04-06-2006, 02:49 PM
haha! Maybe Pittman thought we'd take it easy on him because he has the bills ranked high. NOT.

Mad Bomber
04-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Donovan McNabb should be healthy. If not, he'll be injured and therefore will NOT be 100%.

:rofl: great analysis :up:

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey I'm a Browns fan as well as a Bills, and he has them 10th! I don't agree with this at all...I'm more realistic in my observations, and his post is still the most idiotic dungheap I've read.

If it was posted like thebrushbacks' mock draft, we'd all sit here and laugh. But he was trying to be serious.

Mski
04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
steelers at 11?hmmmm i dont think losing randel el makes them drop from 1 to 11 bucs#1 from where? cadilac simms and joe jurevicious?