X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Why is everyone *****ing about the 1st 2 games

We have to Play in Miami and NE anyways why not get them out of the way early?

I think people just complain to hear their own voices.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why is everyone *****ing about the 1st 2 games

It's not the opponents, it's the order in which they come. 3 divsion games back-to-back-to-back is a little much. If the Bills get off to a slow start and lose their first 3 games, playoff hopes are over before they even start.

Not that I expect they will see the playoffs this season anyway.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      Understatement of the year.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        We have to Play in Miami and NE anyways why not get them out of the way early?

I agree with you 100%..

It's universally acknowledged here we're NOT going to be a playoff contender.. I'd rather get our heads beat in early in the season and have a softer schedule the second half so we can hopefully improve each week and carry some "momentum" into the following off-season.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

It's the essence of some posters here to ***** about almost everything.

I think a team's schedule has very little to do with its success. The good teams win most of their games. The poor teams don't. It has to do mostly with good talent and coaching, not the order, location, or time of year of your games.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            It's the essence of some posters here to ***** about almost everything.

I think a team's schedule has very little to do with its success. The good teams win most of their games. The poor teams don't. It has to do mostly with good talent and coaching, not the order, location, or time of year of your games.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
              It's not the opponents, it's the order in which they come. 3 divsion games back-to-back-to-back is a little much. If the Bills get off to a slow start and lose their first 3 games, playoff hopes are over before they even start.

Not that I expect they will see the playoffs this season anyway.
              I like to see the glass half full. If the Bills get off to a fast start. 3-0 against the division would look great.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

I'm not even going to do one of those w-l to one of the schedules--as horribly cliche as it may be, any team has any chance to be successful in the NFL. Teams that may seem like they will suck could host a playoff game, who knows. The Bills could potentially be one of those teams, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" lol.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  I like to see the glass half full. If the Bills get off to a fast start. 3-0 against the division would look great.
                  Take of those rose colored glasses first. The Bills have yet another new coaching staff and several new players all which will take some time to mesh. They may pick things up by the end of the season, but as for jumping out of the gates in the lead, well, that's getting ahead of yourself.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

This season looks kind of like the schedule from a couple years ago when we started out horribly then came on at the end! Hope it's a repeat of that season!

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

if the bills have any chance of competing for the playoffs theyll have to surprise a couple teams at some point in the season

both those teams are expected to be better than the bills. perhaps early in the season is a chance to catch them overconfident at home. even just 1-1 out of those two games is a big success

and 0-2 isnt doomsday just like 2-0 isnt a bye into the playoffs

besides, if you figure they lose those two games anyway then getting them over when the bills are trying to gel might not be bad at all

i realize ive just rationalized both sides of this but hey im trying to look on the bright side lol
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        Take of those rose colored glasses first. The Bills have yet another new coaching staff and several new players all which will take some time to mesh. They may pick things up by the end of the season, but as for jumping out of the gates in the lead, well, that's getting ahead of yourself.
                        Until the Bills start 0-1 Im gonna root for a 3-0.

We don;t know how this team will play. Who knows, maybe they will be good.

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          Until the Bills start 0-1 Im gonna root for a 3-0.

We don;t know how this team will play. Who knows, maybe they will be good.
                          So will I. I hope they bust a 16-0 season, but reality keeps me in check, ideally.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                            • Dec 2005

Even if the bills start 0-2 there would still be a shot at a WC. If they play good. I dunno if they will sniff the playoffs but hey ya never know thats why they play the games.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Am I the only one that likes playing the Miami Dolphins in week 2? If everything goes right, we could end up playing them without Daunte Culpepper. I didn't think he would be ready to start by then.

Comment

Working...
                              X