PDA

View Full Version : There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season

Mitchy moo
04-06-2006, 05:00 PM
There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season.

Having your first two games on the road is rare. How rare?

How about so rare that only one other team in the league (New Orleans) plays their first two games on the road this coming season. And that's because their stadium won't be ready yet.

Only two of Buffalo's first six games are at home. How many other teams have four roadies in their first six games this year? Three (Miami, San Diego and Tennessee)

Buffalo has three sets of back-to-back road games. Only Carolina has more with an incomprehensible four sets of back-to-backs. How many other teams counting Carolina have three sets of back-to-back road games?

How about 6. (Carolina, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, NY Giants, Washington)

Buffalo starts the season against three straight division opponents. How many other teams start the year against three straight division rivals? 3 (Arizona, Atlanta and Chicago).

And how many teams have all four of these "quirks" in their schedule?

One. The Buffalo Bills.

Kind of makes you wonder.

LtFinFan66
04-06-2006, 05:04 PM
I figure you guys are happy that the Fins are coming to your house in mid December this season!

Mitchy moo
04-06-2006, 05:06 PM
I figure you guys are happy that the Fins are coming to your house in mid December this season!

You are figuring right.

G. Host
04-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Not so happy since we need to visit swamp in September. A lot easier to deal with cold than heat/humidty. Second time in four years and that is definitely an oddity of new schedule format favoring division games in September and December.

Drive 4 Five
04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season.

Having your first two games on the road is rare. How rare?

How about so rare that only one other team in the league (New Orleans) plays their first two games on the road this coming season. And that's because their stadium won't be ready yet.

Only two of Buffalo's first six games are at home. How many other teams have four roadies in their first six games this year? Three (Miami, San Diego and Tennessee)

Buffalo has three sets of back-to-back road games. Only Carolina has more with an incomprehensible four sets of back-to-backs. How many other teams counting Carolina have three sets of back-to-back road games?

How about 6. (Carolina, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, NY Giants, Washington)

Buffalo starts the season against three straight division opponents. How many other teams start the year against three straight division rivals? 3 (Arizona, Atlanta and Chicago).

And how many teams have all four of these "quirks" in their schedule?

One. The Buffalo Bills.

Kind of makes you wonder.

Indeed. Where did you get that from Skoob?

I wonder sometimes if this team isn't cursed because of all the ungrateful ass people who ***** and moan constantly about everything that has to do with Buffalo Bill's football from ticket prices (when they are among the lowest in the league), to who we draft, or where we draft, or how many primetime games we got, or how we get no recognition.

I apologize if I offended anyone. Not sure where that came from.

Drive 4 Five
04-06-2006, 05:16 PM

Well. If you guys are going to make a move you have to step up and win some games in December for once. Too much fun in the sun.

AndreReed83
04-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Hells Yeah! :up:

Of course, it will probably be one of those rare instances where it's actually tolerable. :down:

don137
04-06-2006, 06:13 PM
We have some predominantly warm weather teams coming to RWS in the cold months...I think the schedule is pretty fait...Someone will always find something to complain about a schedule...

!Papacrunk!
04-06-2006, 06:16 PM
On the one side, we can test our merit/mettle of playing in December at Buffalo, but at least our road games against the Jets and especially the Patriots will be in October. One downside is that those two particular road games are in a row, but I'd rather play those in October as opposed to December lol.

Devin
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
New Orleans played every game on the road last season, im not gonna complain about our opening 2 games.

The_Philster
04-06-2006, 06:51 PM
In 1998 we opened on the road...for 2 games in San Diego and Miami

RedEyE
04-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Like I said before. Thg schedule has some definite "ups", but the idea of Buffalo playing all 3 division rivals in the first 3 weeks is a bit unnerving. This team is going to need time to gel and losing the first 3 games will make it hard for them to comback throught the course of the season.

Going 0-3 to start a season is bad. Going 0-3 in the division is far worse.

Jan Reimers
04-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm not paranoid about our schedule. It's obvious that the NFL is really out to get us, probably because of Ralph voting against the new labor agreement, or his refusal to sell naming rights to the Ralph, or - I've got it - because he didn't buy Jerry Jones a drink at the cocktail party that wrapped up the recent negotiations.

Mitchy moo
04-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm not paranoid about our schedule. It's obvious that the NFL is really out to get us, probably because of Ralph voting against the new labor agreement, or his refusal to sell naming rights to the Ralph, or - I've got it - because he didn't buy Jerry Jones a drink at the cocktail party that wrapped up the recent negotiations.

Your wrong, RW did buy Jerry a drink. The problem was the liquor came out of RW's flask.

Dozerdog
04-06-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm not paranoid about our schedule. It's obvious that the NFL is really out to get us, probably because of Ralph voting against the new labor agreement, or his refusal to sell naming rights to the Ralph, or - I've got it - because he didn't buy Jerry Jones a drink at the cocktail party that wrapped up the recent negotiations.That's crazy talk.

I think it's more of an attempt to put the best games in the league toward the last half of the season, when the flexible schedule comes out.

So a lot of mismatches are scheduled early, with the best playing the best (leaving the bottom feeders playing each other) in Nov/Dec.

TigerJ
04-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Also for the umpteenth straight year Buffalo plays the Patriots on the week following their bye. I think the NFL schedulers have it in their rules, "Thou shalt schedule Buffalo New England on the weekend after New England's bye."

PUCKER
04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
I figured wed start on the road anyway and who cares about 2? :idunno: Get those 2 out of the way early.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2006, 03:22 AM
That's crazy talk.

I think it's more of an attempt to put the best games in the league toward the last half of the season, when the flexible schedule comes out.

So a lot of mismatches are scheduled early, with the best playing the best (leaving the bottom feeders playing each other) in Nov/Dec.
I was being sarcastic, in light of all the *****ing going on about our schedule. I am not a conspiracy theorist.

I've said many times that a team's schedule has very little to do with its success. Talent, coaching amd preparation are what really matter.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Five games from mid-November through December is going to be a cold sell with this team.

G. Host
04-07-2006, 04:57 AM
I was thinking the same thing. It does not bode well for sellouts especially combined with the new rule allowing then to screw fans by moving games.

BillsFever21
04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
We also have 4 sets of back to back home games. How many other teams have this quirk in their schedule?

4 of our last 6 games are at home. How many other teams have this quirk in their schedule?

All 4 of them teams are from either out West or down South that come to Buffalo in the winter. How many of the other Northern teams have this quirk in their schedule?

How many Southern or West Coast teams play their first 4 home games during the summer against Northern teams that isn't used to the heat?

You can spin the schedules however you want. If we were 6-4 or 7-3 through the first 10 games, how many other teams would be jealous that we have 4 of our last 6 games at home in the winter home field advantage that just happens to be against all Southern and West Coast teams that isn't used to the weather?

BillsFever21
04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Five games from mid-November through December is going to be a cold sell with this team.

It's gonna make it that much harder to score tickets in the summer and fall games with only 3 of them in September and October. Make sure you get your tickets early.

Most people buy up the early games when the weather is nice and play the November and December games by ear depending on how we're doing before they shell out hundreds of dollars to freeze their ass off for a 3-7 team.

It doesn't bold well in that sense. Had we been a good team this year though and was 6-4 or 7-3 through the first 10 games that would be one hell of a home field advantage for us.

Some fans are never happy though. If we had 5 games in September and October and only 3 games in November and December the same people would be *****ing that the NFL screwed us out of our home field advantage because there wasn't any teams traveling to play in the cold against us and that we were involved in a big conspiracy ring to screw over the Bills.

CAbills
04-07-2006, 11:14 AM
We never have to travel to the West Coast. So it could be worse.

MDFINFAN
04-07-2006, 11:24 AM
New Orleans played every game on the road last season, im not gonna complain about our opening 2 games.

:jam:

That's exactly why it's a waste to complain about any schedule...Pittsburg won three straight road games to play in the superbowl, which was also a road game.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Not so happy since we need to visit swamp in September. A lot easier to deal with cold than heat/humidty. Second time in four years and that is definitely an oddity of new schedule format favoring division games in September and December.

Actually, seeing as how our players will be practicing a lot in the heat prior to the season's kickoff, this shouldn't be too much of an advantage for the Dolphins other than homefield (the crowd trying to disrupt our O) so our players should still be somewhat used to the heat when we go down to Miami - Sept. is still rather warm - at least out here in Cali it is - it doesn't start getting cold until like mid-late october.