• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season

There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season.

Having your first two games on the road is rare. How rare?

How about so rare that only one other team in the league (New Orleans) plays their first two games on the road this coming season. And that's because their stadium won't be ready yet.

Only two of Buffalo's first six games are at home. How many other teams have four roadies in their first six games this year? Three (Miami, San Diego and Tennessee)

Buffalo has three sets of back-to-back road games. Only Carolina has more with an incomprehensible four sets of back-to-backs. How many other teams counting Carolina have three sets of back-to-back road games?

How about 6. (Carolina, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, NY Giants, Washington)

Buffalo starts the season against three straight division opponents. How many other teams start the year against three straight division rivals? 3 (Arizona, Atlanta and Chicago).

And how many teams have all four of these "quirks" in their schedule?

One. The Buffalo Bills.

Kind of makes you wonder.
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season

I figure you guys are happy that the Fins are coming to your house in mid December this season!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
      I figure you guys are happy that the Fins are coming to your house in mid December this season!
      You are figuring right.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Not so happy since we need to visit swamp in September. A lot easier to deal with cold than heat/humidty. Second time in four years and that is definitely an oddity of new schedule format favoring division games in September and December.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Skooby
          There are some major "quirks" in Buffalo's schedule this season.

Having your first two games on the road is rare. How rare?

How about so rare that only one other team in the league (New Orleans) plays their first two games on the road this coming season. And that's because their stadium won't be ready yet.

Only two of Buffalo's first six games are at home. How many other teams have four roadies in their first six games this year? Three (Miami, San Diego and Tennessee)

Buffalo has three sets of back-to-back road games. Only Carolina has more with an incomprehensible four sets of back-to-backs. How many other teams counting Carolina have three sets of back-to-back road games?

How about 6. (Carolina, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Kansas City, NY Giants, Washington)

Buffalo starts the season against three straight division opponents. How many other teams start the year against three straight division rivals? 3 (Arizona, Atlanta and Chicago).

And how many teams have all four of these "quirks" in their schedule?

One. The Buffalo Bills.

Kind of makes you wonder.
          Indeed. Where did you get that from Skoob?

I wonder sometimes if this team isn't cursed because of all the ungrateful ass people who ***** and moan constantly about everything that has to do with Buffalo Bill's football from ticket prices (when they are among the lowest in the league), to who we draft, or where we draft, or how many primetime games we got, or how we get no recognition.

I apologize if I offended anyone. Not sure where that came from.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
            • May 2003

Well. If you guys are going to make a move you have to step up and win some games in December for once. Too much fun in the sun.

Comment

• AndreReed83
              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
              • Mar 2004

Hells Yeah!

Of course, it will probably be one of those rare instances where it's actually tolerable.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

We have some predominantly warm weather teams coming to RWS in the cold months...I think the schedule is pretty fait...Someone will always find something to complain about a schedule...

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

On the one side, we can test our merit/mettle of playing in December at Buffalo, but at least our road games against the Jets and especially the Patriots will be in October. One downside is that those two particular road games are in a row, but I'd rather play those in October as opposed to December lol.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

New Orleans played every game on the road last season, im not gonna complain about our opening 2 games.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

In 1998 we opened on the road...for 2 games in San Diego and Miami
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Like I said before. Thg schedule has some definite "ups", but the idea of Buffalo playing all 3 division rivals in the first 3 weeks is a bit unnerving. This team is going to need time to gel and losing the first 3 games will make it hard for them to comback throught the course of the season.

Going 0-3 to start a season is bad. Going 0-3 in the division is far worse.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I'm not paranoid about our schedule. It's obvious that the NFL is really out to get us, probably because of Ralph voting against the new labor agreement, or his refusal to sell naming rights to the Ralph, or - I've got it - because he didn't buy Jerry Jones a drink at the cocktail party that wrapped up the recent negotiations.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I'm not paranoid about our schedule. It's obvious that the NFL is really out to get us, probably because of Ralph voting against the new labor agreement, or his refusal to sell naming rights to the Ralph, or - I've got it - because he didn't buy Jerry Jones a drink at the cocktail party that wrapped up the recent negotiations.
                            Your wrong, RW did buy Jerry a drink. The problem was the liquor came out of RW's flask.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              That's crazy talk.

I think it's more of an attempt to put the best games in the league toward the last half of the season, when the flexible schedule comes out.

So a lot of mismatches are scheduled early, with the best playing the best (leaving the bottom feeders playing each other) in Nov/Dec.

Comment

Working...
                              X