PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills get a new Stadium it will NOT be in Rochester

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:13 AM
It will be downtown Buffalo GUARANTEED!!!

I have seen posts in other threads saying that there are more Bills fans in Rochester!!! Are you guys insane?

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes they are insane.

It would be so cool to build one on the water front like Soldier Field.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 08:16 AM
It will NOT be in Rochester, but it will NOT be in Downtown Buffalo either. I have a feeling that it will stay where it is.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:18 AM
I am not talking about staying in OP. That isnt the point. I am saying IF a new one is built it will be in Down town Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes they are insane.

It would be so cool to build one on the water front like Soldier Field.
:bf1:

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 08:19 AM
It will NOT be in Rochester, but it will NOT be in Downtown Buffalo either. I have a feeling that it will stay where it is.

I agree with ya.

This team is either staying in Orchard Park or they're outta here period, and I think they're staying here... I like the Orchard Park location, its so wide open and a ton of parking already.

I'm sure it is possible, but I dont see the space feasable for a football stadium downtown when you factor traffic and parking..

don137
04-07-2006, 08:21 AM
I think people are crazy to think it will be located in another city in western NY. Like I said previously, the Bills need the support of the region to survive so putting a new stadium closer to where >25% ticket base makes sense than it is now. However the stadium still needs to be in close proximity of Buffalo.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:25 AM
\I'm sure it is possible, but I dont see the space feasable for a football stadium downtown when you factor traffic and parking..
Not saying I don't like the Ralph, but building a new stadium would insure the Bills staying.

I don't see how you guys just don't get it. Traffic will be better as the Canadian traffic will go one way and the Rochester/Eastern NY traffic the other way instead of all bunched together like in OP.

There is Miles of waterfront land for a new stadium an and abundance of parking down town.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:26 AM
I think people are crazy to think it will be located in another city in western NY. Like I said previously, the Bills need the support of the region to survive so putting a new stadium closer to where >25% ticket base makes sense than it is now. However the stadium still needs to be in close proximity of Buffalo.
So do you want it in Buffalo or not?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Rochester is 45 minutes away from Buffalo. Who from Rochester can't handle that drive? Do we need to put the Stadium in batavia just to cut down your drives to 25 minutes? Stop being crazy. They are the BUFFALO Bills guys.

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Finally, a voice of reason. :bf1:

TigerJ
04-07-2006, 08:39 AM
How bout Fredonia to bring in the Erie, PA crowd? LOL

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:41 AM
How bout Fredonia to bring in the Erie, PA crowd? LOL
Seriously!

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:43 AM
If Rochester was hours away I could see how a more centralized location could make some sense.

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2006, 08:43 AM
Might as well put a stadium in Gowanda. :puke:

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Great point EE Great point!

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Rochester is 45 minutes away from Buffalo. Who from Rochester can't handle that drive? Do we need to put the Stadium in batavia just to cut down your drives to 25 minutes? Stop being crazy. They are the BUFFALO Bills guys.

45 min? Roc and Buffalo are 75 miles apart. How fast do you drive?

footballhottie
04-07-2006, 08:50 AM
i like it in OP..and it better stay in erie county..we are the BUFFALO bills not the erie pa bills, not the roc bills....

footballhottie
04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
45 min? Roc and Buffalo are 75 miles apart. How fast do you drive? takes me about an hour but i also drive very very fast

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
takes me about an hour but i also drive very very fast
I am gonna go to all the games with you, and we're going to drink a lot of beer.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:54 AM
This all boils down to Rochester's inferiority complex to Buffalo(which there really shouldn't be one). People for Rochester would LOVE to get the stadium in Rochester to One up Buffalo. That is the only reason why people would be talking like this.

footballhottie
04-07-2006, 08:55 AM
I am gonna go to all the games with you, and we're going to drink a lot of beer. sounds good

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:56 AM
45 min? Roc and Buffalo are 75 miles apart. How fast do you drive?
75mph to 80mph like most who drive on the hwy. 45 mins is an approximation. For people in the burbs on the buffalo side of rochester it is closer than this and people on the other side are 15 mins farther. My point is that it is NOT a long drive and Nothing to complain about.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 08:58 AM
I am gonna go to all the games with you, and we're going to drink a lot of beer.
She will be in Kansas by then. She hates Buffalo

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:02 AM
45 minutes?!?! WTF! :scratch:

It takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on how busy it is.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:02 AM
This all boils down to Rochester's inferiority complex to Buffalo(which there really shouldn't be one). People for Rochester would LOVE to get the stadium in Rochester to One up Buffalo. That is the only reason why people would be talking like this.
:lmao:

Get a clue, Thurm

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
They have an inferiority complex because they truly are inferior. Kinda like Canadians.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I am not talking about staying in OP. That isnt the point. I am saying IF a new one is built it will be in Down town Buffalo.
No, I'm saying that you could build a brand new Stadium at the same place it is now, Orchard Park. Figure it out, they built a state of the art practice facility, team store, team offices, and all the Buffalo Bills ticket offices and buildings are there. Plus, there is a ton of parking for the team to get rich with. It makes no sense to relocate it. IF they build a new stadium, it will stay in Orchard Park, NY.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:07 AM
45 minutes?!?! WTF! :scratch:

It takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on how busy it is.
Depend on where you live in Rochester I guess. I went to Rochester all the time as my buddy went to U of R and it never took me more than an hour. Maybe I drive too fast. POINT IS you guys are being babies about 15 mins to half an hour which is NOTHING. Certainly not a reason to locate a football stadium in the middle of nowhere!

patmoran2006
sounds good

kansas city?!?!?

Where are you from anyway?

Earthquake Enyart
No, I'm saying that you could build a brand new Stadium at the same place it is now, Orchard Park. Figure it out, they built a state of the art practice facility, team store, team offices, and all the Buffalo Bills ticket offices and buildings are there. Plus, there is a ton of parking for the team to get rich with. It makes no sense to relocate it. IF they build a new stadium, it will stay in Orchard Park, NY.

Puhlease. The practice facility is a big barn. The offices are antiquated.

Nothing says that they still couldn't practice in OP and play downtown. Most teams do that anyhow.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Again building the stadium there in the first place was a major mistake. Traffics to and fro sucks and it is farther for everyone Buffalonians included. The stadium downtown would do many things. Be more centralized to Canada and Rochester. It would help in the Downtown revitalization effort and help keep the Bills in the area. If they decide to keep them in OP why would they need to build a new stadium as the Ralph is great in my eyes.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Depend on where you live in Rochester I guess. I went to Rochester all the time as my buddy went to U of R and it never took me more than an hour. Maybe I drive too fast. POINT IS you guys are being babies about 15 mins to half an hour which is NOTHING. Certainly not a reason to locate a football stadium in the middle of nowhere!
umm, it's not in the middle of nowhere. Actually, it has been talked about before about moving the Buffalo Bills stadium to Batavia and that was one of the things talked about back when it was first built. That makes it so it can attract even more regional people, not just Buffalo or Rochester, but other areas too, including Syracuse.

You just don't like the idea of having to drive for the Bills game. :::

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Again building the stadium there in the first place was a major mistake. Traffics to and fro sucks and it is farther for everyone Buffalonians included. The stadium downtown would do many things. Be more centralized to Canada and Rochester. It would help in the Downtown revitalization effort and help keep the Bills in the area. If they decide to keep them in OP why would they need to build a new stadium as the Ralph is great in my eyes.
They'd need to build a new stadium to attact more people to it, and because everyone builds a new stadium at some point.

Keep in mind, the Buffalo Bills don't need to give a **** about downtown Buffalo or the revitalization of Downtown. That's not their priority. The fans don't give a **** either, unless they live there. The new owner will mainly just care about the best way to make money and draw as much fans as he can. I really don't think that a stadium in Downtown Buffalo will help that.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:17 AM
umm, it's not in the middle of nowhere. Actually, it has been talked about before about moving the Buffalo Bills stadium to Batavia and that was one of the things talked about back when it was first built. That makes it so it can attract even more regional people, not just Buffalo or Rochester, but other areas too, including Syracuse.

You just don't like the idea of having to drive for the Bills game. :::
My Girlfriend is from Batavia. It IS in the middle of nowhere. The stadium was first built over 35 years ago. It is no longer being talked about by anyone but people on message boards with no clue. The Rochester fans will come regardless. People from Syracuse that come to games won't be affected by 20 minutes less of a commute so your point is just lame.

Don't tell me about driving to Bills games man. I would drive 24 hours straight to go to a Bills game in Buffalo if I had to. I have traveled accross country to see them. If I lived in Rochester or Syracuse I wouldn't complain about 20 minutes(yes that is all we are talking about here)

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
This all boils down to Rochester's inferiority complex to Buffalo(which there really shouldn't be one). People for Rochester would LOVE to get the stadium in Rochester to One up Buffalo. That is the only reason why people would be talking like this.What? Inferiror? It think it's the other way around.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
My Girlfriend is from Batavia. It IS in the middle of nowhere. The stadium was first built over 35 years ago. It is no longer being talked about by anyone but people on message boards with no clue. The Rochester fans will come regardless. People from Syracuse that come to games won't be affected by 20 minutes less of a commute so your point is just lame.

Don't tell me about driving to Bills games man. I would drive 24 hours straight to go to a Bills game in Buffalo if I had to. I have traveled accross country to see them. If I lived in Rochester or Syracuse I wouldn't complain about 20 minutes(yes that is all we are talking about here)
As hard as it is to sound, if the drive was shorter....there would be even more Bills fans that would be Season Ticket holders in Rochester, Syracuse, and other areas to the west.

don137
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM

Saves 2-3 miles for Rochester residents to go to the waterfront area as compared to Orchard Park so it is not more centralized...can 190 handle all that traffic?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:23 AM
They'd need to build a new stadium to attact more people to it, and because everyone builds a new stadium at some point.

Keep in mind, the Buffalo Bills don't need to give a **** about downtown Buffalo or the revitalization of Downtown. That's not their priority. The fans don't give a **** either, unless they live there. The new owner will mainly just care about the best way to make money and draw as much fans as he can. I really don't think that a stadium in Downtown Buffalo will help that.
Here is why you don't get it.

1) Building it in Buffalo is better FOR THE BILLS as well.(Centralized location more so than OP)
2) Erie county will be shelling out much of the money most likely so they will have a say
3) More business would be apt to purchase luxury suites if it was located closer to the business.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Saves 2-3 miles for Rochester residents to go to the waterfront area as compared to Orchard Park so it is not more centralized...can 190 handle all that traffic?
Good point. Where is the most traffic going to a Bills game? Yes within a couple miles of the stadium. This is also where all the Rochester/eastern NY traffic merges with the Canadian/Buffalonian. If the Stadium is DT the Canadian traffic will go north and the Rochester traffic will be going the other way. Traffic will be bad still of course but probably less of a Jam if you ask me.

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Good point. Where is the most traffic going to a Bills game? Yes within a couple miles of the stadium. This is also where all the Rochester/eastern NY traffic merges with the Canadian/Buffalonian. If the Stadium is DT the Canadian traffic will go north and the Rochester traffic will be going the other way. Traffic will be bad still of course but probably less of a Jam if you ask me.
It will be a major jam inside downtown Buffalo. Yes, the highways may be better, but the streets around downtown will be nuts.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:31 AM
What? Inferiror? It think it's the other way around.
It certaintly isn't the other way around I can tell you that for sure. The only reason for it would be that we have major league sports. Other than that the Cities are pretty much the same. Buffalo has an inferiority complex in regards to many areas throughout the country but Rochester is not one of those areas.

Bulldog
04-07-2006, 09:35 AM
i like it in OP..and it better stay in erie county..we are the BUFFALO bills not the erie pa bills, not the roc bills....

You wouldn't have the BUFFALO Bills without ROCHESTERS support!

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:35 AM
It will be a major jam inside downtown Buffalo. Yes, the highways may be better, but the streets around downtown will be nuts.
And that would be different from the disaster in OP after everygame how???

Michael82
04-07-2006, 09:37 AM
exactly

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I fully agree with this! It isn't the point though.

don137
04-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I love downtown stadiums but I am just not sure how much it would help the Bills from a regional attraction standpoint...Tailgating is more spreadout in downtown stadiums because you don't have these huge parking lots that can accomodate large groups of fans so tailgating will be totally different.

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 09:45 AM
It certaintly isn't the other way around I can tell you that for sure. The only reason for it would be that we have major league sports. Other than that the Cities are pretty much the same. Buffalo has an inferiority complex in regards to many areas throughout the country but Rochester is not one of those areas.
You're always gonna have the major sports team ,Buffalo is probably the biggest city in WNY . It doesn't mean it's better.

I have a few buffalonian friends who live here in Rochester , we don't have an inferiority complex, it's the buffalonians who have a superiority complex and yet have nothing to show for it.

I do agree that moving the bills to Rochester makes no sense at all.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:45 AM
I love downtown stadiums but I am just not sure how much it would help the Bills from a regional attraction standpoint...Tailgating is more spreadout in downtown stadiums because you don't have these huge parking lots that can accomodate large groups of fans so tailgating will be totally different.
Tell me how moving the stadium to Batavia would help regional attraction.

I would not be worried about tailgaiting.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:46 AM
You're always gonna have the major sports team ,Buffalo is probably the biggest city in WNY . It doesn't mean it's better.

I've met a few buffalonian friends who live here in Rochester , we don't have an inferiority complex, it's the buffalonians who have a superiority complex and yet have nothing to show for it.

I do agree that moving the bills to Rochester makes no sense at all.
Never said it was a better city.

You may be right about this.

thank you for having sense.

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 09:51 AM
That would completely destroy the economy! :rolleyes: I'm sure local business owners would be completely pissed off to actually see traffic around their stores for a change instead of a dead street with some leaves and a few drug deals going on.

You guys need to get over the one negative aspect a downtown stadium brings and start looking at the 9902380843 positive things it can do for downtown area.

Tailgating will not dissapear. It's not like there's no parking in downtown Buffalo, or room for expansion.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1432906&postcount=38

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Never said it was a better city.

You may be right about this.

thank you for having sense.People say NY'kers (big apple) are arrogant. Candians say the same thing about people from Toronto. WNy'kers say the same thing about Buffalonians. Living in the bigger cities I guess tends to do that. You're life is faster than those of us who live in smaller cities. Rochester to me is just a huge SUBURB.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 09:59 AM
That would completely destroy the economy! :rolleyes: I'm sure local business owners would be completely pissed off to actually see traffic around their stores for a change instead of a dead street with some leaves and a few drug deals going on.

You guys need to get over the one negative aspect a downtown stadium brings and start looking at the 9902380843 positive things it can do for downtown area.

Tailgating will not dissapear. It's not like there's no parking in downtown Buffalo, or room for expansion.

:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:11 AM
People say NY'kers (big apple) are arrogant. Candians say the same thing about people from Toronto. WNy'kers say the same thing about Buffalonians. Living in the bigger cities I guess tends to do that. You're life is faster than those of us who live in smaller cities. Rochester to me is just a huge SUBURB.

I don't believe I am arrogant.

don137
04-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Tell me how moving the stadium to Batavia would help regional attraction.

I would not be worried about tailgaiting.

Batavia is too far east. However, I was thinking since it is a regional franchise Clarence would be a good area. This would cut 25 miles off the drive one way from people from Rochester and Syracuse and would only add time from people south of Buffalo but it would still be doable. Not all Bills fans are diehards. Some are casual fans. The diehards will make the trip no matter what. The goal is to make casual fans into die hard fans or at least make them coming to more games. If you ask the casual fan why don't they go the main reason is the long drive. People in Rochester do not get home until almost 7PM from 1PM games due to traffic and the 85 miles drive. You take 50 miles off the round trip and it would be more appealing for them to attend.

don137
04-07-2006, 10:15 AM

Who said tailgating would disappear? Tailgating would be a lot more different because there would be many smaller pockets of tailgating.
I love downtown stadiums however I just don't see how it would make the Bills sell more tickets from a regional standpoint. The bottom line is to exist you need to sell tickets.

Bill Brasky
Batavia is too far east. However, I was thinking since it is a regional franchise Clarence would be a good area. This would cut 25 miles off the drive one way from people from Rochester and Syracuse and would only add time from people south of Buffalo but it would still be doable. Not all Bills fans are diehards. Some are casual fans. The diehards will make the trip no matter what. The goal is to make casual fans into die hard fans or at least make them coming to more games. If you ask the casual fan why don't they go the main reason is the long drive. People in Rochester do not get home until almost 7PM from 1PM games due to traffic and the 85 miles drive. You take 50 miles off the round trip and it would be more appealing for them to attend.
Christ, this is getting ridiculous.

I drive up all the way from LONG ISLAND. There are people that come from Albany, parts of Southern PA... You guys are *****ing and whining to cut off an extra 25 miles in an area that has virtually no traffic problems? :rolleyes:

I can understand the Canadian plight because of the customs checks, but you guys crying like 5 year old girls because your drive from binghamton or jamestown might take an extra 20 minutes due to traffic are completely unjustified.

Would you rather sit in an extra 20-25 minutes, have a downtown stadium, help the city rebuild, entince businesses to actually come back downown, and most importantly -- KEEP THE TEAM and go to all 8 home games.... or would you rather spend 2 grand to fly to one game in LA?

The choice is yours.

Who said tailgating would disappear?

Have you not been reading whats being posted?

THATHURMANATOR

I am from Clarence. Where in Clarence would they put it??? Yes there are some boonie area(where I grew up) but they flood very easily.

Also good luck having the rich, snobby Town board in Clarence approving a Bills stadium in that town.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:17 AM

I drive up all the way from LONG ISLAND. There are people that come from Albany, parts of Southern PA... You guys are *****ing and whining to cut off an extra 25 miles in an area that has virtually no traffic problems? :rolleyes:

I can understand the Canadian plight because of the customs checks, but you guys crying like 5 year old girls because your drive from binghamton or jamestown might take an extra 20 minutes due to traffic are completely unjustified.

Would you rather sit in an extra 20-25 minutes, have a downtown stadium, help the city rebuild, entince businesses to actually come back downown, and most importantly -- KEEP THE TEAM and go to all 8 home games.... or would you rather spend 2 grand to fly to one game in LA?

The choice is yours.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

BillsNick
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I don't give a crap where they put the stadium, I just want them to stay.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Another thing I don't get is why are people bringing up attracting new fans. They have sold out almost every game in the last 10 years and we have SUCKED for 8 of those years. I don't see a problem selling tickets.

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Requiring passports is already gonna be a problem for canadians. Moving them further from the border is gonna makes it worse.

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Another thing I don't get is why are people bringing up attracting new fans. They have sold out almost every game in the last 10 years and we have SUCKED for 8 of those years. I don't see a problem selling tickets.
Well said. Location is not the problem. The team is. Fix the team and people will come no matter what.

Nobody cared where the team was, but people cared that Flutie was the qb.

don137
04-07-2006, 10:24 AM

The choice is yours.

Have you not been reading whats being posted?

Apparently you are not reading everything because I said diehards will come no matter what. You want to grow the fan base by attracting more fans. Since the Bills are a regional franchise they need to attract people from other cities. If you ask casual fans why don't ou go to more games and they complain about the long drive. Fans like you are diehard and do not mind making the trip. Not everyone is like you though. If more fans were like you it wouldn't be an issue.

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 10:27 AM

I think it all depends on where you live.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I live in Rochester, and its taken me 1.5-2hrs to get to games before due to traffic and such.

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Apparently you are not reading everything because I said diehards will come no matter what. You want to grow the fan base by attracting more fans. Since the Bills are a regional franchise they need to attract people from other cities. If you ask casual fans why don't ou go to more games and they complain about the long drive. Fans like you are diehard and do not mind making the trip. Not everyone is like you though. If more fans were like you it wouldn't be an issue.

I guess I just don't see how they're going to "attract new fans".

Virtually everybody in upstate NY knows who the Bills are... it's not like upstate is getting new residents everyday and people are out in the dark with regards to what a Buffalo Bill is.

They market as a regional franchise, so it's not like they're going to attract John Doe from Bismark North Dakota to fly into Buffalo to watch them get beat 35-0 by New England.

And most every fan I talk to doesn't go to the games because 1) the team sucks 2) they are too cheap to pay the 25 dollar ticket. I pay more to drive over the damn bridges than I do for my Bills tickets.

I tell people here that rockpile seats were 250 for 10 games and they think I'm off im some 10th dimension of a far away galaxy. Bills fans act all put out over stupid things they fail to realize how good they actually have it.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:31 AM
You got it Freeman. Bunch of *****es!

footballhottie
04-07-2006, 10:42 AM
She will be in Kansas by then. She hates Buffalo im not moving there!!! I went on Vacation there last weekend..CHIRST! but yes i do hate buffalo

Michael82
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Good post! :bf1:

Michael82
04-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Another good post. The point is not to attract new fans. It's to expand the Season Ticket base. That's the big thing that needs to get done.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Good post! :bf1:
Not really.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
You realize Clarence is 15 mins MAX from DT?

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 10:53 AM
If you can't expand the season ticket base by offering dirt cheap tickets then there's no hope.

You guys were throwing a fit over a $2 increase!

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Lot of cheapskates around here Freeman.

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 11:06 AM
I hear they're considering Elmira!

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I hear they're considering Elmira!
I am behind that 100%!

Earthquake Enyart
04-07-2006, 11:24 AM
I am behind that 100%!
I don't think it would be safe until the inflatable dam is complete.

HAMMER
04-07-2006, 11:29 AM
The Horsehead Bills, has a nice ring to it, would sum up the cheerleaders pretty well also.

don137
04-07-2006, 12:13 PM
First of all I am not saying a stadium has to be put in Clarence. I am just saying west of Batavia but east of Buffalo will attract more fans. Downtown may be 15 minutes from Clarence on a normal day but on gameday that is a different story.

As far as a football stadium revitalizing downtown. Don't buy it. A football stadium will be used how many times in a year? Other sports are good to revitalize downtown because they have a ton of events there but not a football stadium. Charlotte has a downtown stadium and it is used no more than 25 times a year at most. Using a venue 25 times a year will not revitalize a downtown.

It has been said for years that the biggest issue for fans of Rochester and Syracuse is not the price of the Bills games its how far it is. This is for the casual fan. Why did attendance go through the roof in when training camp move toRochester over Fredonia? Because it was located in a location that can make the drive a lot shorter for many fans.
Now, I personally love downtown stadiums for sports. However, I am just speaking from a perspective of what could increase ticket sales and not from a personal standpoint.