X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayotm
    • Jul 2003

If the Bills make you miserable.....

As everybody knows, the 2006 schedule was released yesterday. This has given many posters more reasons to *****, whine and complain. I read posts yesterday stating that the NFL hates the Bills because they are opening with two road division games. The NFL hates the Bills because they play the Pats after their bye again. I also read the less than optimistic predictions about the Bills 2006 record. Add that to the *****ing that has taken place this entire offseason, including but not limited to:

• Wrong GM selection
    • Wrong head coach selection
    • Shouldn’t have franchised Clements
    • Losman sucks
    • All three QB’s suck
    • All free agent signings suck
    • Owner sucks
    • Moulds sucks
    • Moulds shouldn’t be traded
    • Didn’t get enough for Moulds
    • No chance of Bills surviving in Buffalo
    • This poster sucks, that poster sucks

You get the idea. The intent of this post is not to argue the points (personally, I agree with some of them) listed above. It’s to question why some of you choose to get absolutely no joy from being Bills fans? Most people who choose to post on this site are obviously passionate Bills fans. Or at least passionate football fans. However, for some of you, it seems that the Bills flat out make you miserable. If they make you so miserable, why do you continue to punish yourselves? Admittedly, they make me pretty miserable during a poor season. It’s definitely been tough for about the past decade. But each offseason, I choose to be optimistic. It’s the one time of year that fans of every team can be optimistic. Every year some team comes out of nowhere to be very good. Why not the Bills this year? Is it likely, probably not, but it is possible. The Bills are holding their first mini-camp this weekend. Free agency isn’t over yet. The draft is still weeks away. Yet a lot of you have given up on the 2006 season already. I just don’t get it. Now, I will step off my soap box and sit back and enjoy all the negative responses that this post will generate.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: If the Bills make you miserable.....

amen to that brotha.... i am exactly the same way!!!
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

I knew the schedule *****ing was gonna be here when I checked this morning. Every year it's the same old thing.

They think the NFL made it a point to screw us on the schedule. There gonna be any schedule that would make some people happy. They would always find something wrong with the schedule to think there's a conspiracy against us by the NFL.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

The Bills didn't always make me miserable. I've been following this team for 15 years (give or take) and there have been some good times in that span. I know a lot of people here are older than I am and have been following the team longer than that. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not capable of just giving up on something that I'm so passionate about because the Bills suck now.

As far as being positive- well FA is technically not over but who's left that could help this team, and if there is someone left why isn't the front office trying to do something about it? We have the cap space. And the draft is always a crap shoot- you never know if you're gonna get the guy you want, and even if you do get him there's always a chance that he's either a bust or he takes a couple years to develop.

It would be nice to go into 06 with a positive attitude, but when I look at what went wrong last year- the OL, the DL, QB, and the fact that the new coach has a losing record and the new DC has never been DC before, I just don't know where to find hope.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

The truth is that the free agent crop just wasn't that stellar this year. Edge, and a couple of QB's were the big names. Nothing that we need. It was downright impossible for us to get Hutchinson and/or Bentley, so there's no good reason to even bring their names up. Huthchinson's contract was absurd, and would've taken up all of our cap space which would be a stupid move. Guys like Bentley and Jurevicious took less money to go to Cleveland, so those are moot points. The guys we brought in certainly aren't studs, but in the available pool, they're pretty much in line with most. Unfortunately there just wasn't a ton of class-A talent for us to go shopping with. Pickett would have been nice, but in most FA years, is he really the top DT out there? No.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

This is just a taste of what Cinci went through for a decade! Get used to it!

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              The Bills didn't always make me miserable. I've been following this team for 15 years (give or take) and there have been some good times in that span. I know a lot of people here are older than I am and have been following the team longer than that. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not capable of just giving up on something that I'm so passionate about because the Bills suck now.

As far as being positive- well FA is technically not over but who's left that could help this team, and if there is someone left why isn't the front office trying to do something about it? We have the cap space. And the draft is always a crap shoot- you never know if you're gonna get the guy you want, and even if you do get him there's always a chance that he's either a bust or he takes a couple years to develop.

It would be nice to go into 06 with a positive attitude, but when I look at what went wrong last year- the OL, the DL, QB, and the fact that the new coach has a losing record and the new DC has never been DC before, I just don't know where to find hope.
              I guess my optimism or hope stems from the unknown. There have been countless teams over the past 5 - 6 years that have come out of nowhere. Teams coming off terrible records that were picked to finish last in their division. Again, is it likely the Bills will have a good season, probably not. But there is always hope. Especially at this time of year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                The truth is that the free agent crop just wasn't that stellar this year. Edge, and a couple of QB's were the big names. Nothing that we need. It was downright impossible for us to get Hutchinson and/or Bentley, so there's no good reason to even bring their names up. Huthchinson's contract was absurd, and would've taken up all of our cap space which would be a stupid move. Guys like Bentley and Jurevicious took less money to go to Cleveland, so those are moot points. The guys we brought in certainly aren't studs, but in the available pool, they're pretty much in line with most. Unfortunately there just wasn't a ton of class-A talent for us to go shopping with. Pickett would have been nice, but in most FA years, is he really the top DT out there? No.
                Excuses that don't result in the OL or DL getting better. It's Marv's job to find a way to make it happen, and so far it hasn't happened. The end result will be more losses.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                  I guess my optimism or hope stems from the unknown. There have been countless teams over the past 5 - 6 years that have come out of nowhere. Teams coming off terrible records that were picked to finish last in their division. Again, is it likely the Bills will have a good season, probably not. But there is always hope. Especially at this time of year.
                  and this is where the schedule gets me- if this team doesn't come out of the blocks ready to play, we could have 2 division losses before we even get a home game. At that point we're pretty much hosed, even if the team ends up being better than expected from that point on.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Excuses that don't result in the OL or DL getting better. It's Marv's job to find a way to make it happen, and so far it hasn't happened. The end result will be more losses.
                    Excuses? I don't think Marv made excuses. They are overpaid, period. You kept complaining about the past regime and if we don't overpay like TD they are excuses? You'll never be happy no matter what. Marv is building the team opposite of the way that TD did things and yet you'll complain.

Maytom, The bills don't make people miserable. People make themselves miserable.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

and this is where the schedule gets me- if this team doesn't come out of the blocks ready to play, we could have 2 division losses before we even get a home game. At that point we're pretty much hosed, even if the team ends up being better than expected from that point on.
                      screw the schedule. It's never an excuse to me. I don't care where and when we play division rivals. If we lose, we lose. Period.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• mayotm
                        • Jul 2003

I don't understand that logic. Let's assume that the Bills are going to lose both those games. What's the difference if they lose them in weeks 1 and 2 versus weeks 6 and 12? Personally, I think that they caught a break. It will probably take several weeks for this team to start getting better. May as well lose two difficult games versus losing an easy one.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Excuses? I don't think Marv made excuses. They are overpaid, period. You kept complaining about the past regime and if we don't overpay like TD they are excuses? You'll never be happy no matter what. Marv is building the team opposite of the way that TD did things and yet you'll complain.

Maytom, The bills don't make people miserable. People make themselves miserable.
                          Marv may not have but the poster did. I'll be happy when the lines are better than last year. As of right now- 3 months into FA- they're not any better. You can say what you want about overpriced players and TD's model- our lines are still the same garbage they were last year, and no team can win with bad lines on both sides of the ball.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                            I don't understand that logic. Let's assume that the Bills are going to lose both those games. What's the difference if they lose them in weeks 1 and 2 versus weeks 6 and 12? Personally, I think that they caught a break. It will probably take several weeks for this team to start getting better. May as well lose two difficult games versus losing an easy one.
                            it's the mathematics of it- you dig yourself in a hole, it puts more pressure on you to win the later games. Being down two division games puts you behind both for the division title and the wild card, so it's going to take one hell of a winning streak to be in the playoff hunt.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Marv may not have but the poster did. I'll be happy when the lines are better than last year. As of right now- 3 months into FA- they're not any better. You can say what you want about overpriced players and TD's model- our lines are still the same garbage they were last year, and no team can win with bad lines on both sides of the ball.
                              You are right. There aren't any major changes w/ our lines. I would like to give our new staff a chance however since we all agree that our coaches last year were horrendous. Maybe our players are better than what we think they are who were put in a postion to fail. I'm not gonna hold my breath though , but I will give them the benefit of a doubt. I don't think what we have right now is the final starting line-up. Things will change.

Don't forget, we got screwed by the new CBA as well. While we were one of the few who had cap, the new CBA gave teams who have spent lavishly in the past players all of a sudden in the FA.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X