PDA

View Full Version : CHECK OUT THIS MICHAEL HUFF VIDEO!

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 08:34 AM
im really hoping that we pick Huff at the 8 spot. has a good frame 6'0'' 204lbs. has excellent speed 4.34 40 time. is always around the ball. i think out of 6 ints he took back 4 and also is a good tackler. i just dont feel comfortable with either bowen or wire at the SS position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhbJ79vaQ3w&search=michael%20huff

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 08:36 AM

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 08:50 AM
im really hoping that we pick Huff at the 8 spot. has a good frame 6'0'' 204lbs. has excellent speed 4.34 40 time. is always around the ball. i think out of 6 ints he took back 4 and also is a good tackler. i just dont feel comfortable with either bowen or wire at the SS position.

Does he run block well? Can he take on 300lb guards and push the pocket? If not....PASS!

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 08:51 AM
He's definitely impressive.

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
so who do you want us to draft ICE?

BillsFever21
04-07-2006, 08:58 AM
so who do you want us to draft ICE?

Ice wants us to draft a RT at the #8 spot who isn't much of an improvement over the rest of the Tackles in the first round and which you could also draft at least 3 spots lower.

Unless you could get D-Brick you either trade down and draft a tackle or draft one of the top players in the draft and the best at their positions.

You don't reach for a need. We have a ton of needs. You factor in your top 3 biggest needs and you draft the best player available which also fills one of your needs.

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 09:01 AM
what about your FEVER? who do you think we should go for ?

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Very impressive. He is obviously great on the blitz, that's something that Jauron wants out this D, getting after the ball on every play.......but, the Cover 2 does not require a great SS.

Pride
04-07-2006, 09:21 AM
Nothing wrong with him... but if we were going to do that.. we should have let Nate go! If we draft anything but OL or DL in round 1 I will flip ****!

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
The cover two isnt going to work unless our front four is a lot better at stopping the run than they are now. If it takes bringing safeties up in the box then we're in bring trouble..

Everybody and their mom says Ngata dont fit our defense, and I dont like him personally so I dont want us to take him. But I cant see how any run stuffer and hole clogger doesnt "fit" with a defense.

Slim
04-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Nothing wrong with him... but if we were going to do that.. we should have let Nate go! If we draft anything but OL or DL in round 1 I will flip ****!

Why would we have to let Nate go?.. Hes a traditional Saftey who can play CB

Pride
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
As a #1 draft Pick at #8, we would have close to a 1/4 of our roster salary tied up in our defensive backfield. Which means that we have less money to spend where were TRULY need it!

Besides.. a strong DL can easily mask an average backfield! I say go DL

casdhf
04-07-2006, 09:27 AM
HUFF!!!!!!!!!!

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2006, 09:30 AM
One thing i did notice that he'll have to fix is he seems to tackle some guys very high. You can get away with that in college but in the NFL players will break through high arm tackles. Besides that he looks good and has a fast break on the ball.

BillsFever21
04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
As a #1 draft Pick at #8, we would have close to a 1/4 of our roster salary tied up in our defensive backfield. Which means that we have less money to spend where were TRULY need it!

Besides.. a strong DL can easily mask an average backfield! I say go DL

That's what I want is a DL. The bad thing is that since we have a set system instead of playing to the strengths of our players somebody like Ngata(who they say doesn't fit our system) who is the top rated DT in the draft wouldn't work for us.

So what do we do for the best value out of our pick? The best LT in the draft will be gone before we draft and the next highest rated OL who happens to be a RT is rated lower then our #8 selection.

The top rated DT in the draft will probably be there at #8 but everyone says he doesn't fit our system. The ones they do say will fit our system is rated too low to draft at #8.

The only choice I think we have is to either trade up for somebody like Williams or Ferguson or trade down and draft the next level of Tackles or DT's in the draft.

If we stay at #8 and draft our biggest need which are the lines we won't be getting the best value possible when they could be had in the middle of the round because Ferguson will be gone and they say Ngata doesn't fit our scheme.

I say screw it and draft Ngata and make it work. We have Tripplet to be the pass rusher. Draft Ngata and have him tie up the blockers to let everyone else roam.

Don't Panic
04-07-2006, 09:32 AM
He is a great player, Wills... there's no disputing that. We need more help at other positions, though. That's the bottom line. If we can't trade down and it's either him or one of the tackles, then maybe.

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 09:38 AM
yeah i def. understand you but did you see the draft showcase on nfl network like two days ago ? only 1/3 analyst had ngata in the top 5. the other two analyst said that he wasnt consistent enough to be on their top 5 and that he takes a lot of plays off. but on the other hand i saw a video of ngata run from the side that he was on all the way to the other side to bring down the running back. when i first say ngata i was thinking he would be perfect for our D. i dont know if you seen pics of this guy but he is 338 pounds of muscle he doesnt look like your 330 pound ted washington etc.

eyedog
04-07-2006, 09:42 AM
I want Ngata also. Cripe how can a d-coord. not use/fit a 6'5" 340 lb. athletic d-lineman, especially on this team.
I'm not as high on Bunkley as others. He is 280 lbs blown up to 300 lbs. Maybe him and Bonds have the same friends.
Either way give me the big guy in the middle because if they can't stop the run again this year it won't matter who you have playing safety.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I'd prefer a run stuffing DT myself. Triplett will be bouncing in through the middle, but he'll need some help to cause distraction and anchor the line. I don't know if Ngata is that DT or not, but I do know that if you throw someone with that size into the middle of the defense, offenses have a hard time pushing through the middle.

WillsFromThaU21
04-07-2006, 09:52 AM
yeah maybe you two are right FEVER and DOG. in all honesty i wouldnt be mad if we picked ngata,huff or maybe even davis. when i first saw winston justice's results from his pro day i was thinking that maybe he would be a good pick. but he is a RT who never played LT and in your honest opinion did Gandy do that bad of a job?? i mean he did sit out the year before he became our starter. I think he did a pretty good job filling in for our LT position. i think the main problem on the line right now is our LG poistion. i dont know if you guys saw the first draft look on nfl network the other day of Taitusi Lutui but he seems like a great kid with a lot of energy. They also said he manhandled Ngata when they played oregon.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Considering the kind of money Buffalo threw at Royal, and with Everett unproven yet, Davis seems unlikely to find himself in a Bills uniform.

I honestly think the #8 belongs to defense, IF one of the 3 top QBs aren't then available. I think Marv would snatch up a Leinart or a Cutler in a heart beat. Young is pushing it though, and he doesn't fit this team.

madness
04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Huff would be a beauty of a pick. Too bad we don't need him. We don't need Ngata either unless they plan on coverting him to a one-gapper. I just can't see us picking up a QB unless Marv sees something really special in whoever falls to us. I'm looking for Mario or Brick otherwise I'm trading down. Too many needs to draft the best player available with this pick.

eeyyeeddoogg
04-07-2006, 01:09 PM
madness, just for the sake of argument, what do you do if you can't find anyone to trade down with ?

ajsdx
04-07-2006, 01:50 PM
the only thing that worries me about huff as a #8 overall is that on a scary percentage of those sacks, he latches on to the quarterback really high (like shouldpad level) and then throws his legs up in the air to use gravity to bring the guy down. that will work 0% of the time in the nfl. he has to go lower and drive harder.