• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The truth about the schedule....

It seems unlikely that the NFL would intentionally try to screw the Bills with the schedule- but it's at least equally unlikely that all the things mentioned in Skooby's post (link below) could happen to the Bills and ONLY the Bills:

My guess is this- the NFL isn't truly out to screw over the Bills, but for whatever reason, they just don't give scheduling "quirks" for this team the same priority that they do for other teams. For example, they wouldn't make marketing juggernauts like the Colts, Patriots or Falcons play their first two games as home openers of division rivals.

Now, I don't think someone in the NFL office sat there and said "We can really stick it to Ralph Wilson if we do this", but I wouldn't be surprised if they said "We can't do that to the Patriots" then either didn't notice or didn't care when it happened to the Bills.

And when you think about it, it kind of makes sense. The NFL is a for-profit organization, and with their poor play and current lack of "superstar" players to move merch, why should the NFL give the same consideration to the Bills that they give to teams like the Patriots and Steelers that are winning and bringing in $$ and positive attention?

MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: The truth about the schedule....

Superstars help with marketing, but WINNING does more. I love the fact we get no respect, that we dont get any prime time games. Just go out, improve and make a strong push into 07. Do well in FA and draft next year then just whip some ass and be done with it.

We make the playoffs and they have to put us on TV

Comment

• CAbills
      • Jul 2004

Re: The truth about the schedule....

We shouldn't get any primetime games our season was horrid last year. With the new set-up and Sunday night games being TBA at the end of the season, the bills can easily play themselves into primetime. I like the new set-up one more motivator to play yourself onto national tv.
      Lets Go Buffalo!
      Boiler Up!

Comment

Working...
      X