PDA

View Full Version : Davis

Barrett
04-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Besides Bush and maybe Mario, Vernon Davis will be the biggest impact player out of this draft. (maybe one of the qb's, but I've given up predicting qb's, seems like everyone's always wrong) Also, nothing would help Losman develop more than having a Davis/Royal tandem going on, great blocker mixed with great playmaker. I don't think it's a coincidence that Drew Brees suddenly became a great qb once Gates arrived in town, and I'm dubious about how good Trent Green would be without Tony. Vernon Davis is the kind of player that could turn our offense from a joke to a serious threat. He would make JP look good, take pressure off Evans, and spread out the field giving Willis some room to run. I understand that we have plenty of pressing needs, particularly in our lines, but hopefully Gibson will help out a bit, and I think we can address those needs after the first round. Davis is the kind of talent we can't allow to slip by, and we'll kick ourselves for years to come if we pass him up.

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I doubt D'Brick or M. Williams are gonna be there at 8.

If Hawk is there, I'll take him over Davis. If he isn't and Davis is there grab him. With Everrett and Royal on the team, I doubt Marv will though.

Mski
04-07-2006, 10:44 AM
i think hawk will be a star, but he's an inside guy, and right now the team is set at that position with fletcher, yes he's on the wrong side of 30, yes he's in a contract year.

that said i think if the team is going to take an inside guy they should try and go for that guy from va tech(?) in the supplemental i know funtimes started a thread about him about a week ago

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Besides Bush and maybe Mario, Vernon Davis will be the biggest impact player out of this draft. (maybe one of the qb's, but I've given up predicting qb's, seems like everyone's always wrong) Also, nothing would help Losman develop more than having a Davis/Royal tandem going on, great blocker mixed with great playmaker. I don't think it's a coincidence that Drew Brees suddenly became a great qb once Gates arrived in town, and I'm dubious about how good Trent Green would be without Tony. Vernon Davis is the kind of player that could turn our offense from a joke to a serious threat. He would make JP look good, take pressure off Evans, and spread out the field giving Willis some room to run. I understand that we have plenty of pressing needs, particularly in our lines, but hopefully Gibson will help out a bit, and I think we can address those needs after the first round. Davis is the kind of talent we can't allow to slip by, and we'll kick ourselves for years to come if we pass him up.

Nothing will help JP develop like a line that will give him time.

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 10:49 AM
:beers: You can also incorporate packages like NE did with all three tight ends, you can split Davis out (he's faster than most WR's) and you can have certain third and medium-to-short packages with both Everett and Davis on the field at the same time... The Patriots made excellent use of all three of their tight ends, and DAvis is A LOT better than GRaham or Watson.

Dont underestimate the value those TE's have had to Tom Brady.

BillsNick
04-07-2006, 10:59 AM
I like Davis, and he is who I predicted the Bills to pick in the draft contest.

I do agree that if for some strange reason, Hawk slips to 8, we godda take him.

Ya never really know what's gonna happen on draft day though!

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Address the lines in this draft then sign/ Draft whomever you want next year. TE, WR, RB, Kicker who cares. We are still no better off than last year with this OL except an upgrade at Center. That isn't nearly enough

jdbillsfan
04-07-2006, 11:19 AM
I agree. I think Davis will be an impact player in this league and that is what you want if you are in the top 10.

I think the Winston and Justice have a lot of question marks for the 8th pick and I don't see that much of a talent drop off for Tackles in the 2nd & 3rd round.

I think G is more of a need any way and we can probably get a pretty good one in Rd. 2.

jdbillsfan
04-07-2006, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't be mad if they picked Winston Justice though. He seems to have a lot of potential.

Eric Winston at 8, I would cry myself to sleep....

Barrett
04-07-2006, 12:45 PM
The difference between Davis and basically everyone else in the draft (except probably bush, Brick, and Mario), is that a tight end as good as Davis doesn't come around very often. If it turns out that next year we still need a safety or d-lineman, we will be able to find one. A tight end with Davis' abilities is very rare, and if the niners don't take him and he's still there at #8, we'll kick ourselves for years if we don't take him.