PDA

View Full Version : Could the Bills cause a commotion

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Could the Bills surprise everyone and take Eric Winston @ 8, just like the Bengals did with Levi Jones in the 2002 draft (10th pick)?

Imho, if this is the guy they really like, I say go for it!

Link :http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=92625

Link from BillsZone, 2nd player profile after D'Brick...

This is the guy I want!

note : best case scenario would be to find a way to get Ngata + Eric Winston...

clumping platelets
04-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Trade down a few spots first :eek:

jdbillsfan
04-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Could the Bills surprise everyone and take Eric Winston @ 8, just like the Bengals did with Levi Jones in the 2002 draft (10th pick)?

This is the guy I want!

I hope not.

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I don't want another RT that will have to convert to LT. :ill:

lordofgun
I don't want another RT that will have to convert to LT. :ill:
Or maybe we could somehow draft Leinert and leave Justice at RT. :::

The Quebecer
Hi clump,

Trading down would be a perfect scenario... but what if the Bills can't find a trading partner?

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Winston is a LT.. but they'd be INSANE to take him 8th or any tackle for that matter, IMO......

I like Gandy starting a lot more than I do Tim Anderson, or Bennie Anderson,

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Is Eric Winston a RT? I tought for sure that he was a LT!

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:19 AM
The question is : Do the Bills feel better with Tim Anderson starting or Gandy starting?

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 11:27 AM

This is the guy I want!

Yeah they could.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Winston is a LT.. but they'd be INSANE to take him 8th or any tackle for that matter, IMO......

I like Gandy starting a lot more than I do Tim Anderson, or Bennie Anderson,

We now have the best DL coach in the NFL according to what several including Lenny P have said. Anderson weighs over 300lbs and brings it every game. Who says this new DL coach can't make him much better?

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
We now have the best DL coach in the NFL according to what several including Lenny P have said. Anderson weighs over 300lbs and brings it every game. Who says this new DL coach can't make him much better?

and who says that if Gandy is playing alongside a REAL guard and not Bennie Anderson that he's not going to be a lot better?

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 11:34 AM
As I said before.... You draft and start WInston Justice as a rookie at LT and either Bennie Anderson or another rookie on the left side of the line next to him, then I hope WHOEVER plays QB has a ton of good medicial insurance, because he'll need it.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 11:37 AM
and who says that if Gandy is playing alongside a REAL guard and not Bennie Anderson that he's not going to be a lot better?
Because he is what he is, an average LT at best. All 3 coming out that will be drafted in the first round are more talented and have more upside.

Address the lines.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
As I said before.... You draft and start WInston Justice as a rookie at LT and either Bennie Anderson or another rookie on the left side of the line next to him, then I hope WHOEVER plays QB has a ton of good medicial insurance, because he'll need it.

Why? You act as if that is the only pick in the draft. Draft winston or Justice then in the 2nd get a Guard. Start them both. Put Royal over LT to assist if need be.

this team needs linemen, now is the time to get them. 3 potential great LT's in this draft, several damn good guards and the fact is we aren't that good right now. Its the perfect time to draft these guys and let them start.

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Because he is what he is, an average LT at best. All 3 coming out that will be drafted in the first round are more talented and have more upside.

Address the lines.

you keep saying "address the lines" yet your not answering my simple question..

I said pretty clearly, Your going to draft Justice, start him at LT AND draft a guard and start him at left guard.. So your saying, start a pair of ROOKIES on the left side of the offensive line, no?

Everybody on earth knows that Bennie Anderson is done as a starter, as he should be.. So regardless of who your QB of preference is (JP, Nall, Holcomb or a rookie). You think ANY OF THEM have a chance to be successful with a PAIR of ROOKIES starting on the LEFT side of the line?

That's borderline insane..And begging for a QB train wreck.

clumping platelets
04-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi clump,

Trading down would be a perfect scenario... but what if the Bills can't find a trading partner?

Then select a player worthy of #8 overall like Huff and trade up into the first rd for Winston....

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Draft Eric Winston for LT, put Gandy @ LG (1st 8 ganes),

In the 2nd draft best available guard... put him in after week 8
(anyway, according to some people, we should be out of it by that time!)
This gives our left side some experience...

Then you have your left side set for at least 4-5 years...

Gandy would then become the super-sub (a la Marcus Price)...

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Then select a player worthy of #8 overall like Huff and trade up into the first rd for Winston....

Do have a pair of thirds so that could be a possibility as well. End up with two first rounders. But they better REALLY like that second guy to give up a lot to do it..

Personally, I wouldnt becuase I think OT is among the most depth of any spot in the draft.

Overall, this is a really deep draft at T, G, DT, S and LB.

It's really thin at RB, DE and WR, which are usually deeper positions.

The Quebecer
04-07-2006, 11:51 AM

I'd like that!

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Do have a pair of thirds so that could be a possibility as well. End up with two first rounders. But they better REALLY like that second guy to give up a lot to do it..

Personally, I wouldnt becuase I think OT is among the most depth of any spot in the draft.

Overall, this is a really deep draft at T, G, DT, S and LB.

It's really thin at RB, DE and WR, which are usually deeper positions.

We are going to address LT and LG in this draft. You are complaining about starting rookies period, then say lets take lesser talents at those positions.

whomever we draft is going to work into being a starter by the end of the year. Gandy might start as LT but he won't finish there, and I fully expect LG to be a rookie...or is it going to be fat Bennie? My money is on the rookie