PDA

View Full Version : Ralph - what exactly do you want!?

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Listen, I'm agreeing with what the guy is saying here.

But honestly, what is it he exactly wants?

He doesn't want to sell but he can't make money here under the new agreement.

He doesn't want a new stadium.

He's *****ing about how the rest of the owners only want to discuss money, but he's *****ing about how he can't continue to operate here cuz he's not making enough

WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO HERE? He's just causing more problems than he's going to solve. He's causing a panic mode here amongst the fans... now all anybody is going to be talking about is relocating... and he basically just threw all the owners under the bus with literally no backing.

:huh:

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:43 PM
Listen, I'm agreeing with what the guy is saying here.

But honestly, what is it he exactly wants?

He doesn't want to sell but he can't make money here under the new agreement.

He doesn't want a new stadium.

He's *****ing about how the rest of the owners only want to discuss money, but he's *****ing about how he can't continue to operate here cuz he's not making enough

WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO HERE? He's just causing more problems than he's going to solve.

So far all he has acomplished is pissing off the league and now Steinbrener. Look it is more than obvious it's time for him to sell this team. We can only pray he doesn't wait too long.

Luisito23
04-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I love Ralph, but he shoulda just kept his mouth closed.

GO BILLS!!!

Carlton Bailey
04-07-2006, 12:45 PM
What did he say about Steinbrenner?

don137
04-07-2006, 12:47 PM
He is right in what he is saying however I am not sure what is his goal. He is hurting the attractiveness of the next buyer wanting to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Maybe he is planting the seed to fans that the Bills will not be able to stay in Buffalo for the long haul.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I don't get it.

It is kind of like railing against large chain stores saying they are killing the Mom-n-Pops. OK, but it is what it is. The horse is out of the barn already.

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Buffalo Bills->L.A. Lightning

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I'd like to hope that he's just venting... but why do it in a public forum like this with no real demands?

I will be absolutely livid if this is just his way of saving face for an exit strategy.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
What does he want JF? he wants it to be 1960 something again. or the 70's/ 80's before the CBA, Free agency etc.

Sorry ralph, your time has passed.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I will be absolutely livid if this is just his way of saving face for an exit strategy.

I can't think of any other reason.

I understand the guy is nostalgic for the good 'ol days, but it isn't like the league is going back to the old ways. It just isn't happening.

What the guy should do is hire some outside marketing firm to help him agressively search out new ways to increase his revenues.

don137
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM

I understand the guy is nostalgic for the good 'ol days, but it isn't like the league is going back to the old ways. It just isn't happening.

What the guy should do is hire some outside marketing firm to help him agressively search out new ways to increase his revenues.

Selling the naming rights to the stadium would help...Talking out of both sides of his mouth..I love Ralph but he is complaining about revenue yet he doesn't sell the naming right of his stadium.

don137

Selling the naming rights to the stadium would help...Talking out of both sides of his mouth..I love Ralph but he is complaining about revenue yet he doesn't sell the naming right of his stadium.

don137

dolphan117
04-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Does it?

Naming rights $2m a year.
Revenue sharing $2m/32 belongs to the Bills.
CAP give away ($2m/32)*59.5%

Bills get to keep $25,312.50 It probably cost the Bills at least that to change the damn sign over the stadium, and maintain it. So in about a 100 years they'll have $2million in total from the deal. I just did a quick google and the colt sold the rights to their stadium for this-

The team was expected to announce the deal with Lucas, which makes automotive lubricants and has several sponsorships in auto racing, Indianapolis television stations WISH and WRTV and The Indianapolis Star reported Monday, all citing anonymous sources.

The company will pay the Colts $120 million over 20 years to have the 63,000-seat, retractable-roof facility named Lucas Oil Stadium, WISH reported. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2347755
I think that comes out to 6 million a year. I beleive the market for naming rights to a stadium is signifigantly higer than 2 million a year, I think the Cowboys or the Redskins sold the rights to theirs for 10 million a year.

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 01:34 PM
I'd like to hope that he's just venting... but why do it in a public forum like this with no real demands?

sure as hell sounded like that to me..

and Wilson said regarding stadium naming rights, part of the money just goes in and increases the salary cap.. NO real money maker for the owner, according to his senile ass.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 01:36 PM
.........WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO HERE? He's just causing more problems than he's going to solve. He's causing a panic mode here amongst the fans... now all anybody is going to be talking about is relocating... and he basically just threw all the owners under the bus with literally no backing.

I thought he clearly stated what he wants. He wants to add political pressure to benefit the Bills. He wants to do this because he doesn't see the owner's revenue sharing as a solution to the Bill's problems, ESPECIALLY WITH THE QUALIFIERS THAT MUST BE MET BEFORE ANY REVENUE IS SHARED.

And apparently, the qualifiers are still being worked out....since he said he does not know what all of them are yet...the league office is still working on it. That is the large market teams who have political power in the NFL are working on it. He is just creating his own army, because the small market teams for whatever reason aren't willing to fight for what they need.

Saratoga Slim
04-07-2006, 01:46 PM
I thought he clearly stated what he wants. He wants to add political pressure to benefit the Bills. He wants to do this because he doesn't see the owner's revenue sharing as a solution to the Bill's problems, ESPECIALLY WITH THE QUALIFIERS THAT MUST BE MET BEFORE ANY REVENUE IS SHARED.

And apparently, the qualifiers are still being worked out....since he said he does not know what all of them are yet...the league office is still working on it. That is the large market teams who have political power in the NFL are working on it. He is just creating his own army, because the small market teams for whatever reason aren't willing to fight for what they need.

Good post SoCal. If there are aspects of the CBA revenue sharing plan that are not yet finalized, this Pressie makes a lot more sense to me. Perhaps he is just trying to generate some political pressure on the league to give the smaller market teams a bigger cut out of whatever has yet to be decided

CLUMP!!!! What do you say on this?

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Good post SoCal. If there are aspects of the CBA revenue sharing plan that are not yet finalized, this Pressie makes a lot more sense to me. Perhaps he is just trying to generate some political pressure on the league to give the smaller market teams a bigger cut out of whatever has yet to be decided

I believe he said that with the qualifiers, the league will decide who gets money through revenue sharing. If those qualifiers have not been finalized, then he could impact what they are by bringing political pressure.

One of the qualifiers he mentioned concerned attendance. He said if your seasonal attendance wasn't better than 80% of the 32 teams seasonal attendance then you would not qualify for revenue sharing.

Why in the world would Arizonia vote yes on this. Their attendance is one of the lowest in the league. Their revenues are low. They wouldn't get any revenue sharing based on this one qualifier.

The qualifers were probably determined by the teams that would contribute to the revenue pool. I'm sure the low revenue teams do not contribute to those discussions.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 02:06 PM

Political pressure? Tags is going to tell pitaki to get bent. What the Fugg does Tags care what Pitaki says? And not only that a new commish is coming in.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Jonathan Kraft talked about this on local radio here. He said the theory behind the qualifiers is that the team is showing they are trying to generate more local revenues, and not just sitting around looking for a handout.

He specifically mentioned the team looking to sell naming rights to the stadium. There were others, but that was one.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Political pressure? Tags is going to tell pitaki to get bent. What the Fugg does Tags care what Pitaki says? And not only that a new commish is coming in.

This post indicates that your knowledge is very limited about the NFL. Maybe you know about players, teams and coaching. But your posts shows your very limited in the operations of the NFL. I suggest that if you want to post on these issues that you educate yourself first on the history of the NFL and in particular the agreements it has with congress for its current operation standards.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 02:27 PM
This post indicates that your knowledge is very limited about the NFL. Maybe you know about players, teams and coaching. But your posts shows your very limited in the operations of the NFL. I suggest that if you want to post on these issues that you educate yourself first on the history of the NFL and in particular the agreements it has with congress for its current operation standards.

Ok then socal...what good would come from Pataki/Giambra talking to Tags? A. he's gonna be out of office soon anyways. B. football whether we like it or not is a business. What's Tags gonna say him? "I'm sorry, you might lose the team awwwww too bad, we would like for you to be able to stay in WNY due to the teams' history etc." Come on, It's not like Tags is gonna go oh "here's 200 million now you can stay in Buffalo." Nor are the other owners likely to care, they sure as hell didn't when Modell went to move the Browns, or when the Oilers were moved to Tenn, Colts to Indy. You get the point.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Jonathan Kraft talked about this on local radio here. He said the theory behind the qualifiers is that the team is showing they are trying to generate more local revenues, and not just sitting around looking for a handout.

He specifically mentioned the team looking to sell naming rights to the stadium. There were others, but that was one.

Thank you. So this one qualifier would prevent the Bungles and the Bills from recieving any funds from the pool set up by the higher revenue teams.

I would imagine the qualifiers can be changed through the political process that Ralph is attempting now. I think his strategy is very impressive. It is unfortunate that he doesn't sees some of his fellow owners as allies. During the conference he did mention, that they just dropped out.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Ok then socal...what good would come from Pataki/Giambra talking to Tags? A. he's gonna be out of office soon anyways. B. football whether we like it or not is a business. What's Tags gonna say him? "I'm sorry, you might lose the team awwwww too bad, we would like for you to be able to stay in WNY due to the teams' history etc." Come on, It's not like Tags is gonna go oh "here's 200 million now you can stay in Buffalo." Nor are the other owners likely to care, they sure as hell didn't when Modell went to move the Browns, or when the Oilers were moved to Tenn, Colts to Indy. You get the point.

I think both Pataki and (I don't know Giambra, but what I've heard isn't good.) maybe to a lesser extent Giambra could add a lot to this process.

First, the NFL isn't like most other businesses. Do software companies when they higher fresh BAs from universtiy meet to decide a selection order? Well, people are protected under the constitution and laws. And the NFL runs as it does by the good graces of congress. That is why decertifing the union is such a powerful threat.

If you noticed NE39's post about the qualifiers, you see that they involve a set of teams telling other teams how to run the business. If Ralph is able to get politicians to begin questioning these things then Tags will definitely need to respond or else he will be called before congress along with other NFL owners for a powwow.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:50 PM
In another thread here, Giambra is reported as asking fans to flood their congressional offices with mail complaining about the NFLs agreements. Looks like Ralph was able to make his case and get the political process started to protect the Bills and western NY. Looks like Ralph is assembling his army. Good luck to him. If he succeeds then football stays in western NY. Seems to me it is now up to the fans to do their part and flood the congressional offices with mail.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
I think both Pataki and (I don't know Giambra, but what I've heard isn't good.) maybe to a lesser extent Giambra could add a lot to this process.

First, the NFL isn't like most other businesses. Do software companies when they higher fresh BAs from universtiy meet to decide a selection order? Well, people are protected under the constitution and laws. And the NFL runs as it does by the good graces of congress. That is why decertifing the union is such a powerful threat.

If you noticed NE39's post about the qualifiers, you see that they involve a set of teams telling other teams how to run the business. If Ralph is able to get politicians to begin questioning these things then Tags will definitely need to respond or else he will be called before congress along with other NFL owners for a powwow.

30 of 32 owners agreed to this proposal. The Bills and Bengals aren't the only small market teams in the NFL. There are 8 teams valued lower than the Bills according to 2004 values. Minnesota and Arizona being the bottom 2, they agreed to the new CBA. If this was so much of a raw deal as you and others try to suggest, why did only 2 dissent to the agreement?

By the way Ralph didn't vote no because he disagreed, he voted no because he "didn't understand it." You're telling me that the other owners, in small markets, were so terrified of the big name owners like Snyder and Jones to say NO? Get real. People care more about their own pocket books and how to make themselves more money than just the rich getting richer.

Funny how Ralph is the only one who publicly comes out and says under this plan the Bills can't remain here and be economically viable. Where's the Minnesotas, Arizonas, Jags, EVEN ALL DAVIS...His franchise has a lower value than the Bills and he made a quarter of what the Bills made in 04. Yet he's not complaining.

It's rather odd that only one guy comes out and publicly says anything about this. So he's right and the 30 other owners are wrong? I'll still give you Cincy because they voted no as well. It doesn't add up.

BTW....political ties to keep an NFL team in Buffalo MEAN jack and squat....Cleveland Mayor Michael White took the Browns to court over FORCING Modell to stay in Cleveland and it didn't work. It did however keep colors, name, tradition, history there though. So why will giambra/pataki make any difference to the NFL/Court?

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 03:12 PM

No, that isn't how it works.

First of all, those teams aren't telling Wilson how to run his business. What they are doing is saying if you want a handout then you have to show that you are at least trying to make money. You can't just sit on your hands and get a share of the money other teams are making because they are investing and marketing.

For instance, Bob Kraft built his own TV studio and markets programming revolving around the team. He is building a hotel, mall and business complex to market to comporations and consumers, using the team as a marketing tool. He is using it to leverage the stadium (which he built) in other ways, to get conferences and other businesses using the facility. Those are examples of a lot of creative ideas he has to generate revenues besides naming rights. It goes beyond that.

Kraft doesn't wish to share all that revenue with Wilson unless he tries to do creative things as well. Wilson wants the money, he just doesn't want to work for it. The top marketing teams are not above sharing the revenue if the team can prove there is genuine hardship. If the team tries to market itself but just can't generate the corporate and consumer support a bigger market can, then they will receive additional revenue to offset the fact the cap is higher because all revenues are being shared with the players.

Basically, the qualifiers will be set to show that a team is at least trying to generate more revenue. If they want to receive money, they need to make an attempt. That seems fair, no? It isn't welfare.

One other thing, the NFL isn't getting called before congress on a private matter like how they share their revenues. Baseball is subject to congressional oversight because they have been granted an anti-trust exemption. Football has is not exempt from monopoly laws.

The big threat if the new CBA was agreed to was that the uncapped year would lead to a big descrepency between teams, and eventually some teams would drop out of the NFL and form a new league. That is what would happen.

Devin
04-07-2006, 03:27 PM
The Bills continue to give me chest pains.

Mitchy moo
04-07-2006, 03:31 PM
The Bills continue to give me chest pains.

me 2, I have been very upset for months now.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 03:32 PM
30 of 32 owners agreed to this proposal. ..... If this was so much of a raw deal as you and others try to suggest, why did only 2 dissent to the agreement? .....

You're telling me that the other owners, in small markets, were so terrified of the big name owners like Snyder and Jones to say NO? ........

....Ralph is the only one who publicly comes out ...... Where's the Minnesotas, Arizonas, Jags, ......

It's rather odd that only one guy comes out .....

........Cleveland Mayor Michael White took the Browns to court over FORCING Modell to stay in Cleveland and it didn't work. ......

Wow, I cut out some of the original...hope I didn't change the gist of it.

Yes, two dissented. As I posted elsewhere, Ralph said they feared labor unrest more than they feared financials. They know what labor unrest would be like. They are optimistic about financials.

I presume they continue to stand by those fears.

I can't imagine that the courts will ever rule that a business must have its location determined by something other than business conditions. Think about it. Is it alright for Buffalo to sue you to keep your restaurant in Buffalo even when you don't want to??? There is nothing in the NFL agreements with congress that prohibits a team from seeking a market.

And Ralph stands alone. If others stood with him then you would be more willing to accept his point of view. This just shows me that you stand with the crowd, and you don't expend the energy to develop your own point of view.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 03:40 PM
No, that isn't how it works.

First of all, those teams aren't telling Wilson how to run his business. What they are doing is saying if you want a handout then you have to show that you are at least trying to make money. You can't just sit on your hands and get a share of the money other teams are making because they are investing and marketing.

Basically, the qualifiers will be set to show that a team is at least trying to generate more revenue. If they want to receive money, they need to make an attempt. That seems fair, no? It isn't welfare.

One other thing, the NFL isn't getting called before congress on a private matter like how they share their revenues. Baseball is subject to congressional oversight because they have been granted an anti-trust exemption. Football has is not exempt from monopoly laws.

The big threat if the new CBA was agreed to was that the uncapped year would lead to a big descrepency between teams, and eventually some teams would drop out of the NFL and form a new league. That is what would happen.

You know, I always look for your posts when I visit this site. They are great.

My point is that the political process is a valid process for Ralph to use because the NFL is in fact subject to the same set of laws as is baseball. If Ralph wins and gets the support he is looking for, then the NFL will be sitting in front of congress. This Tags should be trying to avoid. He can avoid it by making sure that the qualifiers are agreed to by ALL of the NFL teams.

I personally admire Kraft. I think he is agreat businessman and if I were him I also wouldn't want to share revenues. But, that bridge was crossed a long time ago with TV revenues and ticket sales.

If I were Ralph, I would also agree to this...but in a slightly different way. If all revenue has been agreed to be shared at a 59.5% with the union, then I would send in 59.5% of my revenue and not one penny more. I don't think Kraft would go for that though.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Wow, I cut out some of the original...hope I didn't change the gist of it.

Yes, two dissented. As I posted elsewhere, Ralph said they feared labor unrest more than they feared financials. They know what labor unrest would be like. They are optimistic about financials.

I presume they continue to stand by those fears.

I can't imagine that the courts will ever rule that a business must have its location determined by something other than business conditions. Think about it. Is it alright for Buffalo to sue you to keep your restaurant in Buffalo even when you don't want to??? There is nothing in the NFL agreements with congress that prohibits a team from seeking a market.

And Ralph stands alone. If others stood with him then you would be more willing to accept his point of view. This just shows me that you stand with the crowd, and you don't expend the energy to develop your own point of view.

Exactly with what you said there....we can't "force" the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Which is what sending a letter to your congressman, local rep, tags, whomever would be attempting to do. Ralph can do what he wants with the franchise, it's his team, outside of whatever lease he signed to stay at the stadium. I do believe that becomes null and void if someone else were to take over the team, not sure. But Ralph could move the team if he wanted to whatever city he wanted as long as the County agreed to whatever he offered as a buyout of said lease. So yes I agree with there is nothing we as citizens can do to attempt to keep the team here, writing any of the above people would be a big waste of time.

Optimistic about financials? Hmmmm, well apparently every other besides ralph and brown saw that the new CBA was economically viable for them to survive in their respective marketplaces. Ralph also originally said the reason he said no was because he didn't understand it, not that it was a raw deal. If other people thought it was a raw deal at the time, they wouldn't be optimistic about finances. And at the worst they wouldn't have agreed to it and just gone through a labor stoppage. The teams would not have any expenses through this stoppage and still make cash from merchandise sales. The NFL being the NFL the fans would come back afterwords anyways. See 1987 if you need any proof of that. Or the owners could put "scabs" on the field and people will still come, obviously not to stadium capacities, but still.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
The basic problem I have with Wilson is that the guy isn't even trying to maximize his revenue, yet he is crying poor.

Buffalo has a loyal and ardent fan base. They care about the team. There is no doubt in my mind that they can support the team. If Green Bay can support a team, than Buffalo can.

Buffalo is a way better market than Jacksonville. There is a team that should move.

I have little sympathy for Wilson because I don't think his situation is nearly as bad as he says. He has no stadium debt. He pretty much sells out every year, despite the fact the team hasn't been competitive lately.

However, I don't think the guy deserves a handout unless he at least tries. That is only fair, IMO. If he has legitimate issues (and the economy in
western NY may be a factor), then the system will provide him with additional monies. He isn't going to lose a dime.

IMO, Wilson is making this noise because he plans on selling the team. I think he is doing PR so he can blame other people besides himself.

Devin
04-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Thanks for explaining that NE, some of that I did not know. Kind of a new perspective on things.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Exactly with what you said there....we can't "force" the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Which is what sending a letter to your congressman, local rep, tags, whomever would be attempting to do. ..............

........ Ralph also originally said the reason he said no was because he didn't understand it, .........

Well, when I sent my emails, I didn't ask for more revenue to be shared. But I did ask that the terms of the agreement be fair and the qualifiers be fair. If the Bills receive revenue through revenue sharing because they qualify, then good for them. But if they don't because the qualifiers are unfair, then I take exception to that.

When I saw the Ralph interview where he said he didn't understand it. I took that literally as he did not understand how it was a fair deal for the Bills. He could have said, "I don't see how this is good for the Bills." and I would have interpreted the two statements the same way. The media gave it a spin because that media was also more afraid of labor unrest and not having a CBA in place then in understanding any of the issues involved with the CBA.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 04:19 PM
The basic problem I have with Wilson is that the guy isn't even trying to maximize his revenue, yet he is crying poor.

Buffalo has a loyal and ardent fan base. They care about the team. There is no doubt in my mind that they can support the team. If Green Bay can support a team, than Buffalo can.

Buffalo is a way better market than Jacksonville. There is a team that should move.

I have little sympathy for Wilson because I don't think his situation is nearly as bad as he says. He has no stadium debt. He pretty much sells out every year, despite the fact the team hasn't been competitive lately.

However, I don't think the guy deserves a handout unless he at least tries. That is only fair, IMO. If he has legitimate issues (and the economy in
western NY may be a factor), then the system will provide him with additional monies. He isn't going to lose a dime.

IMO, Wilson is making this noise because he plans on selling the team. I think he is doing PR so he can blame other people besides himself.

Pre-TD I would have felt more sympathy to your point of view. But I think TD for all his faults did a great job of generating new revenue streams and managing the costs involved. The retrofit of the stadium for luxury seating. That was pretty impressive and the results even looked great. He put the training camp closer to Rochester to generate more interest in the team. That actually brought in sponsorships. Also, he generated revenue by opening the camp to fans. That was a first I believe for all NFL teams.

Ralph has said he cannot increase seating prices, there is no elasticity in the demand. Every additional dollar he would increase prices by, would cause a decrease in sales of tickets. It is his business and I presume he is trying to be successful at it, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt in this area. He can't increase prices.

He said he didn't want a new stadium because it wouldn't help. He wouldn't be able to fill more luxury seats at a higher price. Again I have to take him at his word, he is trying to be successful in the business...so why wouldn't he build a new stadium if it meant more revenue?

He says his market is taped out. Can you get blood from a stone? Will some people ask him to do it?

Luisito23
04-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Buffalo Bills->L.A. Lightning

:fit: :yucky: :madmad: :madmad:

GO BILLS!!!!

socalfan
04-08-2006, 02:12 PM
If you want Buffalo Bills = Western NY Bills then do something.

PromoTheRobot
04-08-2006, 05:03 PM
The assumption that Jonathan Kraft makes is if the Bills did everything the Pats do, they will make just as much money. Wilson is trying to say WNY is tapped out. He could come up with a hundred of creative sponsorship opportunities, but if no one buys them, then what?

PTR

socalfan
04-09-2006, 12:41 PM
The assumption that Jonathan Kraft makes is if the Bills did everything the Pats do, they will make just as much money. Wilson is trying to say WNY is tapped out. He could come up with a hundred of creative sponsorship opportunities, but if no one buys them, then what?

PTR

It seems like most fans are starting to understand this point....but man there are about 4 Bill's fans that are real tough nuts.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Look it is more than obvious it's time for him to sell this team. We can only pray he doesn't wait too long.

Sell it to who? And who say's the next owner would be any better then Ralph?

Maybe the next owner will be worse then Arizona's and the Bengals owner's were in the past.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
Sell it to who? And who say's the next owner would be any better then Ralph?

Maybe the next owner will be worse then Arizona's and the Bengals owner's were in the past.

The point is, if the team is left in his estate when he dies then there is NO guarantee where the team ends up. With him alive he can ensure it will be to an owner/organization that will keep the team in Buffalo.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 04:56 PM
The point is, if the team is left in his estate when he dies then there is NO guarantee where the team ends up. With him alive he can ensure it will be to an owner/organization that will keep the team in Buffalo.
but if that revenue-sharing loophole is left in the CBA, then finding someone like that would be basically impossible

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
but if that revenue-sharing loophole is left in the CBA, then finding someone like that would be basically impossible

And if that loophole is left in the CBA, you can say that about the 20-21 other NFL franchises. It would be nonsensical to be in the new CBA and be approved by 30 other franchises. Unless you really believe that the other 20-21 franchises have no immediate threat to sell and it's a conspiracy to run the team out of Buffalo and into LA.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Not much for conspiracy theories myself...but if not for Ralph speaking up, maybe that loophole in the CBA gets missed by those other owners and then they sign it and then the NFL suffers what MLB has been suffering for most of the last 10 years

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 05:10 PM

And then if the new owner's are cheap we can start 6 threads a day about how cheap our owner is.

When in fact Ralph is not cheap. He spends what the cap is, he even over spends. (Cap Hell)

It's not like Buffalo has 20 million in cap room every year because they don't spend any money like the Cardinals.

socalfan
04-09-2006, 11:58 PM
..... It would be nonsensical to be in the new CBA and be approved by 30 other franchises.......

:crazy: :pir: :crazy: