• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Ralph - what exactly do you want!?

Listen, I'm agreeing with what the guy is saying here.

But honestly, what is it he exactly wants?

He doesn't want to sell but he can't make money here under the new agreement.

He doesn't want a new stadium.

He's *****ing about how the rest of the owners only want to discuss money, but he's *****ing about how he can't continue to operate here cuz he's not making enough

WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO HERE? He's just causing more problems than he's going to solve. He's causing a panic mode here amongst the fans... now all anybody is going to be talking about is relocating... and he basically just threw all the owners under the bus with literally no backing.

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Ralph - what exactly do you want!?

Originally posted by jfreeman
    Listen, I'm agreeing with what the guy is saying here.

But honestly, what is it he exactly wants?

He doesn't want to sell but he can't make money here under the new agreement.

He doesn't want a new stadium.

He's *****ing about how the rest of the owners only want to discuss money, but he's *****ing about how he can't continue to operate here cuz he's not making enough

WHAT IS HE TRYING TO DO HERE? He's just causing more problems than he's going to solve.

So far all he has acomplished is pissing off the league and now Steinbrener. Look it is more than obvious it's time for him to sell this team. We can only pray he doesn't wait too long.

Comment

• Luisito23
      Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
      • Apr 2003

I love Ralph, but he shoulda just kept his mouth closed.

GO BILLS!!!
      "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
      ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
      ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
      ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

What did he say about Steinbrenner?

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

He is right in what he is saying however I am not sure what is his goal. He is hurting the attractiveness of the next buyer wanting to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Maybe he is planting the seed to fans that the Bills will not be able to stay in Buffalo for the long haul.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Yeah, I don't get it.

It is kind of like railing against large chain stores saying they are killing the Mom-n-Pops. OK, but it is what it is. The horse is out of the barn already.

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

Buffalo Bills->L.A. Lightning
              [

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

I'd like to hope that he's just venting... but why do it in a public forum like this with no real demands?

I will be absolutely livid if this is just his way of saving face for an exit strategy.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

What does he want JF? he wants it to be 1960 something again. or the 70's/ 80's before the CBA, Free agency etc.

Sorry ralph, your time has passed.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

I will be absolutely livid if this is just his way of saving face for an exit strategy.
                    I can't think of any other reason.

I understand the guy is nostalgic for the good 'ol days, but it isn't like the league is going back to the old ways. It just isn't happening.

What the guy should do is hire some outside marketing firm to help him agressively search out new ways to increase his revenues.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39

I understand the guy is nostalgic for the good 'ol days, but it isn't like the league is going back to the old ways. It just isn't happening.

What the guy should do is hire some outside marketing firm to help him agressively search out new ways to increase his revenues.
                      Selling the naming rights to the stadium would help...Talking out of both sides of his mouth..I love Ralph but he is complaining about revenue yet he doesn't sell the naming right of his stadium.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Selling the naming rights to the stadium would help...Talking out of both sides of his mouth..I love Ralph but he is complaining about revenue yet he doesn't sell the naming right of his stadium.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Comment

• dolphan117
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by socalfan
                            Does it?

Naming rights $2m a year.
                            Revenue sharing $2m/32 belongs to the Bills.
                            CAP give away ($2m/32)*59.5%

Bills get to keep $25,312.50 It probably cost the Bills at least that to change the damn sign over the stadium, and maintain it. So in about a 100 years they'll have $2million in total from the deal.
                            I just did a quick google and the colt sold the rights to their stadium for this-
                            The team was expected to announce the deal with Lucas, which makes automotive lubricants and has several sponsorships in auto racing, Indianapolis television stations WISH and WRTV and The Indianapolis Star reported Monday, all citing anonymous sources.

The company will pay the Colts $120 million over 20 years to have the 63,000-seat, retractable-roof facility named Lucas Oil Stadium, WISH reported.
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2347755
                            I think that comes out to 6 million a year. I beleive the market for naming rights to a stadium is signifigantly higer than 2 million a year, I think the Cowboys or the Redskins sold the rights to theirs for 10 million a year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

I'd like to hope that he's just venting... but why do it in a public forum like this with no real demands?

sure as hell sounded like that to me..

and Wilson said regarding stadium naming rights, part of the money just goes in and increases the salary cap.. NO real money maker for the owner, according to his senile ass.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X