PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson Conference Notes

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Dont bother listening to this whole thing with Wilson

1) He's NOT selling this team as long as he's alive, he made that quite clear.

2) wny is poor

3) a new stadium doesnt matter, we could be a $600 million dollar stadium across the street and it wouldnt matter (and he said this word for word)

4) if something isnt done with the CBA, this team will not be in Buffalo for a long time.

5) disapointed that "extension of govering body" was proposed quickly and still went through.. Big cities this and that.

6) doesnt know about his family as being a future owner, he hasnt decided on that (yer ****in 87 maybe its time u start thinking about that)

7) No chance of selling stadium rights,and he made a joke about it. WEnt on to ***** bout the Giants and Jets huge stadium name rights, will cost each team in teh NFL $300,000 per year for it.. The owners dont get the money, it goes into the cap.

8) Says the Bills could still lose money under this current agreement, despite TV and radio money, blahblahblah...

9) Doesnt think the newer owners are interested in the game as the old owners are. Its "just a feeling he has".. at the meetings, they dont talk football, they talk money.

10) Complimented Golisano but said "right now he doesnt need his help"

he also went on a rant against the yankees, and some other jibberish..

Im telling you right now, this franchise is in VERY VERY bad shape. More danger than in the late 1990's...

Carlton Bailey
04-07-2006, 12:47 PM
He's an idiot. Sell the team to Tom Golisano, a real owner.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I am going to say right now...Ralph is bad for this team. I can appreciate him keeping them here 46 years blah blah blah.

What matters is NOW. This was totaly embarrassing for all Bills fans. This was totaly pathetic. For him to go to the Gov is fine. But making it public then calling this PS to ***** and whine and rip on other teams, owners etc was pathetic.

Ralph already got nailed for telling the truth after the CBA was formed. And he was right. It's a crap deal. But we got the point then. Every media outlet got the story and printed it. His message was recieved back then.

But here we are. RW calling a PC to ***** and whine AGAIN. That is what puts it over the top.

It is apperant he can't afford the team any longer. Sell Ralph. Dont' wait until the last minute. Your family can't afford the team and you know it. If you really give a damn about this team and about your legacy, do the right thing and sell now.

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 12:52 PM
He wILL NOT SELL THIS TEAM as long as he's alive, he made that VERY clear..

He will move this team before he sells it..

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:53 PM
He's an idiot. Sell the team to Tom Golisano, a real owner.

:beers:

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 12:53 PM

Or, he is just setting up his excuse before hand. He makes it clear he doesn't want to move, and then afterward he can say "I had no choice".

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:54 PM

Then his EGO is more important than his legacy. He keeps this crap up and we are screwed. This team is in real trouble with him still owning it.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Or, he is just setting up his excuse before hand. He makes it clear he doesn't want to move, and then afterward he can say "I had no choice".

We can only pray

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 12:55 PM
These are DIRECT QUOTES from Ralph Wilson

* He will NOT sell the team.
* He DOESNT NEED Tom Goliasno's help
* He also DOES NOT KNOW if his family will be involved as a future owner of a team.. THe ****ing fossil is 87 years old, doesnt he think it's time to THINK about that!

This press conference OFFICIALLY made not only the Bills, but the city of BUffalo the true laughin stock of the national football league.

tat2dmike77
04-07-2006, 12:56 PM

Sounds like anthor owner that was here in Ohio oh what was his name oh yeah Art Modell.

dolphan117
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
The bigest thing I dont understand is what he is planing to do about any of this. He says he wont sell the team, move it, sell the naming rights to the stadium,(which I beleive would indeed generate more revenue although some would be shared) and building a new stadum wont help. IF all that is true than and things are as bad as he says they are than hasnt he just resined himself to the franchise going banckrupt? I mean I could understand it if he said that things were bad, a new stadium in this area wouldnt help ect.... So we are going to have to sell the team, but if you take EVERYTHING he said at face value it just dosnt make any sense to me at all.

Iehoshua
04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
he also went on a rant against the yankees, and some other jibberish..

What?!

:mad:

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Sounds like anthor owner that was here in Ohio oh what was his name oh yeah Art Modell.

You know I said that in the other thread. That what ralph is saying sure sounds like what ol' Art said once...once....

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:58 PM
What?!

Yeah the old fart apperantly fired a shot at steinbrenner LOL!

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 12:59 PM
What?!

Hey Emperor, Isnt' it time for a vote of no confidence in Ralph?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Heard you the first 10 times man....

BillsNick
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM

Well, I guess we all know what we have to do now.

We have to take him out. Make it look like an accident.

Ickybaluky
04-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Heard you the first 10 times man....

Sorry, I'll try not to be so overrated.

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 01:05 PM
GOD forbid if this team blows and attendance slips this year..

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Well, I guess we all know what we have to do now.

We have to take him out. Make it look like an accident.

Call Remo Williams and his little buddy Choon...

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 01:09 PM
What DISTURBS me is he said he hasnt thought his family as a future owner..

What the HELL is going on here? He just embarrased the hell out of thousand of Bills fans, Homers and Whiners alike.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 01:12 PM
What DISTURBS me is he said he hasnt thought his family as a future owner..

What the HELL is going on here? He just embarrased the hell out of thousand of Bills fans, Homers and Whiners alike.

His family can't afford it. Hell they all WORK for the bills!

Jan Reimers
04-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I really think Ralph is in the early stages of either dementia or Alzeimers. I don't think he'll sell voluntarily, so our only hope is that his wife or one of his daughters can have him found mentally incompetent to further run the Bills organization.

If the old bastard moves this franchise, it will simply show that he has lost his mind, given the loyalty of Bills' fans over the years, the things Ralph has said in the past about never moving the team, and the fact that he now has a willing buyer in Golisano.

Gunzlingr
04-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Ageists! :mad:

patmoran2006
04-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Is it morally wrong to hope for someone to die if it means keeping your football team in Buffalo..??

BillsNick
04-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Is it morally wrong to hope for someone to die if it means keeping your football team in Buffalo..??

Only if you don't follow through with it. :oj:

Devin
04-07-2006, 01:33 PM
And now everyone who made feeble attempts at excuses why the Bills wont move can officially begin being afraid.

Ticket sales....blah blah blah......no debt....blah blah blah......Someone will buy them.....blah blah blah.....

Maybe now the picture is a little more clear.

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 01:37 PM

If the end means keeping the Bills in Buffalo, then NOTHING is morally wrong.

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
If the end means keeping the Bills in Buffalo, then NOTHING is morally wrong.
Nothing morally wrong?
Spoken like a true Bu****e.

j/k. :calm:

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 02:04 PM
And now everyone who made feeble attempts at excuses why the Bills wont move can officially begin being afraid.

Ticket sales....blah blah blah......no debt....blah blah blah......Someone will buy them.....blah blah blah.....

Maybe now the picture is a little more clear.

In all fairness though, There are people willing to buy the team like I told you the other night.

What we didn't expect was for ralphs EGO to be so damn large that he refuses to sell the team.

The old man has the grim reaper whispering in his ear and he is bound and determined to have the Bills HIS WAY until he dies. Problem is, he kills the Bills with him.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
In all fairness though, There are people willing to buy the team like I told you the other night.

What we didn't expect was for ralphs EGO to be so damn large that he refuses to sell the team.

The old man has the grim reaper whispering in his ear and he is bound and determined to have the Bills HIS WAY until he dies. Problem is, he kills the Bills with him.

Your statements are illogical. If your neighbors told you to sell your house because they were afraid that you would die or taxes were getting to high for you and it would be sold to the highest bidder on an estate sale or foreclosure, what would your reaction be?

It is his team, he can do whatever he wants with it.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Your statements are illogical. If your neighbors told you to sell your house because they were afraid that you would die or taxes were getting to high for you and it would be sold to the highest bidder on an estate sale or foreclosure, what would your reaction be?

It is his team, he can do whatever he wants with it.
Screw him. If he honestly gave a damn about the team he would sell. Instead he wants to further embarrass it and say FU to the loyal fanbase that fed his pockets all of these years.

Jeff1220
04-07-2006, 02:27 PM
I have decided that if the Bills move, I will hate the NFL and never watych it again. Tags has said that he wants a team slated into the LA slot before he leaves office. This could all be part of the set-up. Perhaps LA has already made Ralphie an offer he couldn't refuse.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Screw him. If he honestly gave a damn about the team he would sell. Instead he wants to further embarrass it and say FU to the loyal fanbase that fed his pockets all of these years.

Well, this post is not only illogical it is also over the top emotional.

I think he is showing that he does give a damn, by going to the political system and putting himself out in front of this issue. I think it takes a lot of courage to go in front of the media and say the deal is bad and he intends to do something about it in order to keep the Bills in western NY. Lord knows he is going to take a lot of abuse for it.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, this post is not only illogical it is also over the top emotional.

I think he is showing that he does give a damn, by going to the political system and putting himself out in front of this issue. I think it takes a lot of courage to go in front of the media and say the deal is bad and he intends to do something about it in order to keep the Bills in western NY. Lord knows he is going to take a lot of abuse for it.

What it showed is an old man that is fighting the facts he can't own this franchise any longer. He doesn't have the money, and the CBA is what it is. No one outside of the Brown family stood with him. We got his disgust the first damn time he went off in the press.

Today was an un needed embarrassment.

socalfan
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
What it showed is an old man that is fighting the facts he can't own this franchise any longer. He doesn't have the money, and the CBA is what it is. No one outside of the Brown family stood with him. We got his disgust the first damn time he went off in the press.

Today was an un needed embarrassment.

I don't understand you. Are you saying it is embarassing that an old man who doesn't live in western NY is standing up for western NY instead of the citizens of western NY???

Because...that is what it sounds like to me.

Ingtar33
04-07-2006, 05:32 PM
so this is what it's like when you kill the messenger, because you don't like the message.

He's right. He should know. From what i hear what broke TD with RW, was that he spent so much of RW's money (from RW's pocket, at a loss to the team) and had nothing to show for it.

The Bills were losing money under the old CBA, and the new one doesn't come close to fixing the problem.

I know you all complain about RW's tight fistedness, but the fact of the matter is, he's not a super wealthy man. He really can't afford to run this team with pocket money.

The Bills are his labor of love, he spends his own money in the hopes of a superbowl before he dies. Perhaps we should be angry at the NFL, or, namely the ultra wealthy owners, for a crappy CBA deal.

I personally can't fault RW for complaining.

And if you think Galisano could possibly afford to own the Bills you're kidding yourselves. He barely can afford to own and run the buffalo sabres. And the sabres are a fraction the cost of an nfl franchise.

We're lucky and cursed. On one hand we have two good pro owners, who love the city that they're a part of, on the other hand they really can't afford to own their teams, not due to the teams sucking or poor management on their part, but because the city simply can’t afford to pay the high price of tickets & advertisement needed to support a major athletic team.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 06:37 PM
so this is what it's like when you kill the messenger, because you don't like the message.

The Bills were losing money under the old CBA, and the new one doesn't come close to fixing the problem.

I know you all complain about RW's tight fistedness, but the fact of the matter is, he's not a super wealthy man. He really can't afford to run this team with pocket money.

The Bills were NOT losing money, don't kid yourself.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=170><TBODY><TR vAlign=top nowrap><TD class=spaced>Operating Income<SUP>5</SUP></TD><TD class=spaced align=right>$36.1 mil</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
From Forbes....http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/30/301765.html

And if he can't afford to run the team, he should sell. And shoulda sold well prior to this. He could have spent the last few years privately, and that's the KEYWORD here, PRIVATELY, trying to find a buyer that would stay in NY. By him saying that the team is not economically viable under the new CBA and the fact that we're "poor." His words, remember. NO ONE in their right mind would but a team and keep them in this area if they're not going to make money. Bad business is bad business...no matter how you want to sugarcoat it.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2006, 07:08 PM
I have decided that if the Bills move, I will hate the NFL and never watych it again. Tags has said that he wants a team slated into the LA slot before he leaves office. This could all be part of the set-up. Perhaps LA has already made Ralphie an offer he couldn't refuse.

I know you guys are probably going to hate me for saying this, but if Ralph did in fact sell the team or move it out to L.A. I wouldn't be all that dissapointed - it would make it A LOT more convenient for me to be able to see my favorite team play - I'd just hope that the NFL doesn't decide to re-align the league again if it did happen - it would absolutely suck having to sometimes wait for years at a time to be able to see us squish the fish, or ground the jets, I think we'll be having the Patriots' number pretty soon too.

That being said though, I'd still rather have the Bills on the East Coast - simply because I've only been there two times in my life (not to Buffalo or WNY for that matter though), and both times, I spent locked in an airport.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Let me restate that - I wouldn't be dissapointed if he sold it to someone who intended to move it to L.A.

Michael82
04-08-2006, 11:38 AM
I know you guys are probably going to hate me for saying this, but if Ralph did in fact sell the team or move it out to L.A. I wouldn't be all that dissapointed - it would make it A LOT more convenient for me to be able to see my favorite team play - I'd just hope that the NFL doesn't decide to re-align the league again if it did happen - it would absolutely suck having to sometimes wait for years at a time to be able to see us squish the fish, or ground the jets, I think we'll be having the Patriots' number pretty soon too.

That being said though, I'd still rather have the Bills on the East Coast - simply because I've only been there two times in my life (not to Buffalo or WNY for that matter though), and both times, I spent locked in an airport.
NEGGED! :mad:

Michael82
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
The truth is, I have NEVER felt worse about the Bills situation. I am now starting to agree with all the other people that we are going to lose the Buffalo Bills and that makes me sad, mad, angry, pissed off, furious, and everything else! :( :ill: :mad:

:blowup: