• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My sincere Apologies to Marv

I am going to publicly APOLOGIZE to Marv Levy.. Up til now, I been hard on him.. NOW I know what's transpired this spring is NOT his fault at all.

Ralph is a COMPLETE dumbass. This team will be gone between 3-5 years, after reading this stupid gibberish on what he said NO ONE worth a damn will come play here for him. NO ONE will buy this team (which he said he wont sell anyway) and keep it in the area because he flat out was ******ED and insinuated it's not financially viable with a CBA (by the way that is only going to go UP in cap space and revenue)

He alienated himself among EVERY other owner in the NFL and will have ZERO support on anything he brings up at the owners' meetings.

Dude, this is worse than Art Modell saying in Nov of 95 the team was gone...it was only 2 months of a lame duck franchise. Now we have a 3 year or so lame duck franchise.

In my 25+ years of following football, this was the DUMBEST and most USELESS press conference this town has EVER seen..

He said he WONT sell.. He said he doesnt even know if his family will take over when he's gone.. He called WNY poor.. He said it doesnt matter if we built a $600 million stadium accross the street, pricing in WNY wont change.

He's going to move this team, i'm telling you now.. THe writing is ALLL over the wall... We ALL want GOlisano involved now, Wilson said "I dont need his help right now". He OBVIOUSLY thinks his 46 years as owner of this team makes him have the right to do what he wants..

Go listen to the audio on Bills.com.. SKIP his gibberish rant, and go to the quesion and answer section.. THis is REAL bad..

now I KNOW why most free agents wouldn't want to play here.. would you?
    Thanks Ralph, for giving Marv a knife to bring to a gun fight..
    Unreal.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: My sincere Apologies to Marv

Now in all fairness, Marv is doing the right thing by signing mid tier guys and focusing on the draft. The problem is from here on out. If we have the est 21 mill I have them at next year in free space and a damn good DE or WR or whatever is available, it wont' matter WHAT we offer them.

Ralph has ruined that now.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I realized Ralph was a dumbass the day he said he'd rather beat Butler and the Chargers rather than win the sb.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I still dont get the POINT of this press conference..

It pretty clearly sounded like a WARNING to Bills fans more than anything else .. A "be prepared" warning.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Why would such a 'classy' owner need to call a PC and ***** and whine? We all knew his views on the CBA. there was no need in this.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I can't hate the guy though, he's the reason why we have the bills.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• generalmills
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
              Why would such a 'classy' owner need to call a PC and ***** and whine? We all knew his views on the CBA. there was no need in this.
              I posted this in the conference thread. I think it is relevant here aswell. I am really interested to know what you would have liked Ralph to have said. If there was an injustice at your work place or even in your family home, would you sit back and not say anything?? I dont believe you would. By Ralph bringing this to the frontlines he is forcing the press to discuss the issue further. The injustices Ralph claims are involved in the CBA can only be brought forth through continued conversation. Without a voice, nothing can be done and the whole thing might aswell end now! Ralph does not care if he is bashed on PTI or shows of the like, he is an 87 year old man who has been far to successful to care what those covering the situation from a far think of him personally.

what is it that YOU would have liked Ralph to say? also...what is the financial situation of the bills?? how would YOU solve such a problem?? Ralph is not a stupid man.. i mean he has built his wealth + empire... which is something NONE of us here can say. We know nothing about the economics of owning a professional sports franchise. Ralph knows the league, He personally had a hand in saving the Oakland Raiders and has been a major support to the success of the NFL throughout its history. If Ralph believes that the new CBA is a problem for the future of the league then the "new" owners should listen up because they would not be here if it was not for the Mr. Wilsons of the world.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by generalmills
                I posted this in the conference thread. I think it is relevant here aswell. I am really interested to know what you would have liked Ralph to have said. If there was an injustice at your work place or even in your family home, would you sit back and not say anything?? I dont believe you would. By Ralph bringing this to the frontlines he is forcing the press to discuss the issue further. The injustices Ralph claims are involved in the CBA can only be brought forth through continued conversation. Without a voice, nothing can be done and the whole thing might aswell end now! Ralph does not care if he is bashed on PTI or shows of the like, he is an 87 year old man who has been far to successful to care what those covering the situation from a far think of him personally.

what is it that YOU would have liked Ralph to say? also...what is the financial situation of the bills?? how would YOU solve such a problem?? Ralph is not a stupid man.. i mean he has built his wealth + empire... which is something NONE of us here can say. We know nothing about the economics of owning a professional sports franchise. Ralph knows the league, He personally had a hand in saving the Oakland Raiders and has been a major support to the success of the NFL throughout its history. If Ralph believes that the new CBA is a problem for the future of the league then the "new" owners should listen up because they would not be here if it was not for the Mr. Wilsons of the world.
                Oh please stop. Ralph cant contend in todays NFL, that is the REAL issue here. Ralph doesn't like the rules so he *****es and whines....then does so again and again and again.

We all got his position after the CBA was signed. Calling this PC to further *****, whine and piss off the NFL does NOTHING.

Ralph lost a ton of hard core support today from the fanbase. We see him now for what he is, an old cranky man that is stuck in pre free agency mode. He doesn't like it, can't handle it and can't afford it. time for him to SELL!

What would I liked for him to have said? NOTHING!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

I admire your points..

HOwever, for someone who built an empire, its BAD business for Wilson to do what he did today.. How so?

IF I for one am on the fence about purchasing or nenewing my season Tix, he just made my decision a lot easier.... I can guarentee you I'm not the only one either.. Who wants to support what he pretty much is now calling a lame-duck franchise in this day and age.?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I admire your points..

HOwever, for someone who built an empire, its BAD business for Wilson to do what he did today.. How so?

IF I for one am on the fence about purchasing or nenewing my season Tix, he just made my decision a lot easier.... I can guarentee you I'm not the only one either.. Who wants to support what he pretty much is now calling a lame-duck franchise in this day and age.?
                    I have to agree, we are in deep POO now

Edited: Please dont skirt the filters -DB
                    Last edited by DraftBoy; 04-07-2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X