PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS! LeBeau Offered Position

gordong
02-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Here is the story....

http://www.empiresports.com/billsreport.shtml
The Buffalo Bills have offered former Cincinnati Bengals head coach Dick LeBeau an undiclosed position within the organization. According to Bills' head coach Gregg Williams, LeBeau will take a few days to make a decision and does have other offers to consider. The Bills' offer came after a face-to-face meeting that included LeBeau, Williams and Bills' defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. General manager Tom Donahoe also spent time involved with the discussions

WG
02-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the boards and site gordong!!!

gordong
02-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks WYS....

venis2k1
02-05-2003, 12:07 PM
Nice find fool, Welcome to the zone ;)

Cntrygal
02-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Since you joined in July 2002.......... Welcome Back!!!!!! ;)

I want to know what "other offers" is he considering... he already turned down the Steelers. :D

BLeonard
02-05-2003, 06:26 PM
As far as I know, his "other offers" include not coaching at all.

Nothing's been said, but chances are, both SF and Detroit will be needing Defensive Coordinators. That's the only things I can think of that are open.

-Bill

Dozerdog
02-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Detroit is a possibility- He played there and had all-pro seasons for a decade in hte motor city

Throne Logic
02-05-2003, 09:25 PM
He's just had a lousy experience with Cincy. I'd expect him to either take the year off, or to find a nice cush job, like the one Buffalo is offering. Just come on and be an "advisor / consultant". No lose situation with minimal pressure. Buffalo's defense improves, he's a savior. If they suck, well, heck, he's just the "consultant".

I'm guessing he takes the Buffalo deal. If Buffalo kicks ass, he's up for a head coaching job next year. If they suck, he's the new Buffalo Defensive Coordinator for 2004.