PDA

View Full Version : I just hope that when the Bills move to LA...

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
...they won't change the name from "Bills."

It would be a nightmare with buying a new domain name, then getting good search engine placement, changing all the graphics, etc. :ill:

OpIv37
04-07-2006, 02:12 PM

It would be a nightmare with buying a new domain name, then getting good search engine placement, changing all the graphics, etc. :ill:

and finding people to post. If the Bills leave town, I'm done with the team.

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 02:13 PM
and finding people to post. If the Bills leave town, I'm done with the team.
If you leave, it will be much easier to find people to post. :D

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:14 PM
I will have a luxury suite when L.A. gets a team

Mski

if the team moves i would like to see this city and team alum fight to keep the name rights and colors in buffalo. similar to what the browns did in 95

RedEyE
I'd probably still post because of all the cool people on the site, but I most deffenly won't be following the LA Bills or LA whatever.

Iehoshua
04-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I'm not rooting for any team in California, either.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Carolina will move from 1a to #1 completely. I won't follow this team at all.

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I will follow whatever team comes to Los Angeles

OpIv37
04-07-2006, 02:21 PM
I will have a luxury suite when L.A. gets a team

The Bills leaving town is an unforgivable sin- I will not be able to root for the team anymore.

I would hope you wouldn't either, but if they're in your city I guess it's understandable.

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
id give up football for a while

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I will follow whatever team comes to Los Angeles
You and about 10 other guys.

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:25 PM
The Bills leaving town is an unforgivable sin- I will not be able to root for the team anymore.

I would hope you wouldn't either, but if they're in your city I guess it's understandable.

I am a Los Angelino I woll follow my hometown team # 1 if there is a team in Buffalo or not, I left that place a long time ago with good reason, if you are that hurt move back to Buffalo and live and work there to help the economic conditions to keep the team there.

People who live and work in Buffalo to me have a reason to be upset and ***** and moan if the team leaves people who dont support the area economically dont have that same right you need to stop being whiny and selfish and just move on

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 02:27 PM
If they move I would do anything I could to ruin anything associated with that team. The hatred I would have for them would be 1000 times greater than any hate I have had for anything prior in my life.

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 02:28 PM
If they move I would do anything I could to ruin anything associated with that team. The hatred I would have for them would be 1000 times greater than any hate I have had for anything prior in my life.
Holy crap!

SquishDaFish
I will be a Browns fan.

OpIv37
I am a Los Angelino I woll follow my hometown team # 1 if there is a team in Buffalo or not, I left that place a long time ago with good reason, if you are that hurt move back to Buffalo and live and work there to help the economic conditions to keep the team there.

People who live and work in Buffalo to me have a reason to be upset and ***** and moan if the team leaves people who dont support the area economically dont have that same right you need to stop being whiny and selfish and just move on

What about supporting the team? I've been buying tickets and merch and NFL Sunday ticket for years, as have other Bills fans both from inside and outside Buffalo.

The team is profitable. Moving is like saying to us "Thanks for your support, but you didn't support the team enough." Moving is the ultimate F**K YOU to those of us who have been loyal supporters of the team for years, regardless of where we live.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 02:32 PM
What about supporting the team? I've been buying tickets and merch and NFL Sunday ticket for years, as have other Bills fans both from inside and outside Buffalo.

The team is profitable. Moving is like saying to us "Thanks for your support, but you didn't support the team enough." Moving is the ultimate F**K YOU to those of us who have been loyal supporters of the team for years, regardless of where we live.
agreed.

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:36 PM
then you go and spend the majority of your income and pay your taxes back where you live that does not help the economic conditions of WNY

Thurm has more right to be mad than you bottom line, even if he didnt attend one game.

Sorry I have no loyalties to the city of Buffalo other than my mother and a few friends living there, my tax dollars and my money goes to Los Angeles, CA. Even if i attend a game the majority of my money will still go the the city of Los Angeles.

The Bills leaving Buffalo would probably deystroy the cities morale and detioriate the city even more than it has, there are larger issues at hand than your favorite team moving, that you root on from the comfort of your home.

I dont sit here high and mighty and say I would be devastated if the Bills move and would never follow the NFL again. I am a sports fan and like watching good games regardless of who plays and where they play. I attended a couple of games last year to hang out with friends more than support the team.

If they move I will feel sorry for the city of Buffalo and its residents, sorry wont feel sorry for fans that live thousands of miles away, in actuality everyone that left WNY to pursue a betetr life is the reason that if the Bills move so how can you be upset that your own personal quest to further yourself was a direct result of the team leaving, thats pretty selfish sounds like you want your cake and eat it to

footballhottie
04-07-2006, 02:36 PM
ill give up on the NFL..we are the most loyal fans ever and they are ripping our team away from us

justasportsfan
04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
I will buy the bills before it moves. Then I'll move it to Elmira.

TedMock
04-07-2006, 02:39 PM

Thank you!! I live nowhere near Buffalo, and I have season tix. Like many others, I had to leave for work. However, I will never sell out on the team I grew up loving. As a matter of fact, I absolutely hate the teams that are in this area. No matter where I live, I'm from Buffalo, and very proud of that fact. I do hope I'm able to move back one day.

Iehoshua
04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I hate the teams in my current area, too!

:monkeyp:Redskins

:monkeyp:Ravens

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
ill give up on the NFL..we are the most loyal fans ever and they are ripping our team away from us
I agree with you. I would just try to find ways to destroy anything to do with the moved team. I wouldn't be watching them play though..

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:44 PM
here is what the L.A . Coliseum will look like once renovations are complete

http://www.sfo.com/~csuppes/NCAA/Pac10/USC/newinterior.jpg

OpIv37
04-07-2006, 02:45 PM
then you go and spend the majority of your income and pay your taxes back where you live that does not help the economic conditions of WNY

Thurm has more right to be mad than you bottom line, even if he didnt attend one game.

Sorry I have no loyalties to the city of Buffalo other than my mother and a few friends living there, my tax dollars and my money goes to Los Angeles, CA. Even if i attend a game the majority of my money will still go the the city of Los Angeles.

The Bills leaving Buffalo would probably deystroy the cities morale and detioriate the city even more than it has, there are larger issues at hand than your favorite team moving, that you root on from the comfort of your home.

I dont sit here high and mighty and say I would be devastated if the Bills move and would never follow the NFL again. I am a sports fan and like watching good games regardless of who plays and where they play. I attended a couple of games last year to hang out with friends more than support the team.

If they move I will feel sorry for the city of Buffalo and its residents, sorry wont feel sorry for fans that live thousands of miles away, in actuality everyone that left WNY to pursue a betetr life is the reason that if the Bills move so how can you be upset that your own personal quest to further yourself was a direct result of the team leaving, thats pretty selfish sounds like you want your cake and eat it to

there has to be a place to earn income in WNY before I can spend income there. This is a key difference- the Bills have the resources they need in WNY. People who left didn't.

I'm a sports fan but I'm a Bills fan first- hell if the Bills weren't tearing it up in the early 90's there's a good chance I never would have gotten into the NFL. Before that the only sport I ever watched was a little ND football when my grandpa was around. After being from the (general) area and watching the team for 15+ years, I feel a bit of a connection (as do most of the fans here).

If the NFL and/or Ralph Wilson want to take that away so they can add to their piles of millions, well they can go **** themselves.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
here is what the L.A . Coliseum will look like once renovations are complete

http://www.sfo.com/~csuppes/NCAA/Pac10/USC/newinterior.jpg
who cares?

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:49 PM
who cares?

I care an so do about 20 million people in So Cal !! how many people left in Buffalo about 2000

Mski
04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I care an so do about 20 million people in So Cal !!

LA had two chances at keeping teams profitable there at the mosuleum, and they couldnt, fact of the matter is that LA is a city of people from other cities for the most part... fans didnt care about teams being in LA then and wont again if a new team goes there again

Iehoshua
04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
I care an so do about 20 million people in So Cal !! how many people left in Buffalo about 2000
C'mon P... Don't start another Cali love fest/Buffalo bashfest. We're all aware how you feel.

dannyek71
04-07-2006, 02:54 PM
playa: Why are you here explaining how the LA bills wont be so bad for you. The VAST majority of the people here would rather keep the bills in Buffalo (or even WNY)

The move to LA wouldnt be bad for you. What about the rest of us?

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:54 PM
LA had two chances at keeping teams profitable there at the mosuleum, and they couldnt, fact of the matter is that LA is a caity of people from other cities for the most part... fans didnt care about teams being in LA then and wont again if a new team goes there again

and this statement shows how little you know about SO Cal and the reason two Greedy owners left the area, it was NEVER about lack of fan support please do your research before you make a statement that is completely false

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
playa: Why are you here explaining how the LA bills wont be so bad for you. The VAST majority of the people here would rather keep the bills in Buffalo (or even WNY)

The move to LA wouldnt be bad for you. What about the rest of us?

I am indifferent to be honest if the Bills move or tehy dont, I will follow whatever team or should I say teams that will be in the Los Angeles area by 2010. For your guys sake and the sake of the people in WNY I hope the Bills are not one of those teams playing in the LA area by 2010

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:00 PM
Then why don't you talk about it with them rather than rubbing it in our faces. We get it you guys are the best and rich and whatever.... I am very happy for LA.

Mski
04-07-2006, 03:01 PM
and this statement shows how little you know about SO Cal and the reason two Greedy owners left the area, it was NEVER about lack of fan support please do your research before you make a statement that is completely false

then why would Jim Rome go on air and say "People from LA dont care about having a team here, I dont care about there being a team in LA" he's from LA.

yes the two owners were greedy, all owners are greedy. the teams left because they could make more money elsewhere and in cities that were significantly smaller then LA. that translates to lack of fan support

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 03:04 PM
then why would Jim Rome go on air and say "People from LA dont care about having a team here, I dont care about there being a team in LA" he's from LA.

yes the two owners were greedy, all owners are greedy. the teams left because they could make more money elsewhere and in cities that were significantly smaller then LA. that translates to lack of fan support

check your facts and when you speak some truth the maybe you will sound credible

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Then why don't you talk about it with them rather than rubbing it in our faces. We get it you guys are the best and rich and whatever.... I am very happy for LA.

no problem Thurm I know when to leave when not wanted peace and good luck !!

dannyek71

Agreed. This is obviously a very hard day for any bills fan. (The hardest that I remember in a LONG time) and you are essentially gloating about how great LA is and how the move there wont be so bad. How do you think that makes us feel? Even if you didnt intend to.

Devin
Id probably become a Browns/Saints fan although id have a hard time following the NFL period if this happened.

Id consider Houston as its close by.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
check your facts and when you speak some truth the maybe you will sound credible

Ummm....That is fact. Romey is from SoCal and has gone on air saying that city of Los Angeles could care less if they have a professional football franchise there and it's residents could care less if there's one. They follow the Lakers mostly and it's a hoops town. That's straight from Rome.

But what does he know, right? He's not knowledgable on sports at all, is he?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:12 PM
no problem Thurm I know when to leave when not wanted peace and good luck !!
Its not like that man! I know you are a good kid but think about this, say your house was knocked down in an earthquake and you didn't have insurance and I started saying oh well who cares at least I have a brand new mansion to be built and started showing me all the drawings of it?

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Ummm....That is fact. Romey is from SoCal and has gone on air saying that city of Los Angeles could care less if they have a professional football franchise there and it's residents could care less if there's one. They follow the Lakers mostly and it's a hoops town. That's straight from Rome.

But what does he know, right? He's not knowledgable on sports at all, is he?

yep you and Rome are experts, thats why USC and UCLA each average over 90,000 fans in attendance for college football, the reason both owners left was because So Cal government officials wouldnt just hand Davis and Georgia Millions of dollars for them to stay as Oakland and St Louis did, was never about fan support it was always about whoever would offer Davis and Georgis the most money and the Government officials here wher enot willing to sell tax payers out to just give their money to some greedy owners

L.A. Playa
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
peace Billszone its been fun good luck to all of you

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Don't be so sensitive!

Iehoshua
04-07-2006, 03:18 PM
Now you did it, Thurm!!

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
yep you and Rome are experts, thats why USC and UCLA each average over 90,000 fans in attendance for college football, the reason both owners left was because So Cal government officials wouldnt just hand Davis and Georgia Millions of dollars for them to stay as Oakland and St Louis did, was never about fan support it was always about whoever would offer Davis and Georgis the most money and the Government officials here wher enot willing to sell tax payers out to just give their money to some greedy owners

And I remember as a kid watching games played at the Maseoleum that the stadium was half empty. Rome LIVES in SoCal. Just because you want a team doesn't mean the city cares to have a team. The lakers are the main draw in town, which is fact. Yes USC gets tons of people to come to games, back in the early 90s when USC played there the mausoleum was sold out, then the Raiders would play and half the place was empty. Not too mention the fact that USC has 32 thousand students. Add alum. Those people go to college games faster than a pro game. TO SUPPORT THEIR SCHOOL. But hey, you're right I'm wrong. I admit it. Oh yeah, Jim Rome is an idiot and has NO clue what he's talking about too.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Playa, while I admire your honesty and straight forwardness, I can't say that I agree with your stance at all.

How can you call yourself a Bills fan if your so willing to jump the fence when an LA team comes to town? Now is the time for Bills fans to become united and defend our beloved Bills rather then running out on them....before it's too late.

LA has had several chances to hold a team and the fans failed miserably. I think it's in the best interest of the NFL to avoid that part of California like the plague. That is, unless the Chargers fold and move a little North. There are already too many teams in Cali as is.

LtBillsFan66
04-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Playa has no loyalty. Good riddance.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Now you did it, Thurm!!
What did I do? :(

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Bf you are going to have to use your power as the NYC Bills backer Pres and put it to good use. We must brainstorm.

Bmax
04-07-2006, 03:30 PM
The move hurt .. But the city would go on.... i wonder maybe it would be the final straw for some .. but others would just make it doing what ever the do....I guess that Erie canal musuem would get busy on sundays....

Bmax

Bmax
04-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Why spend time watching guys sweat ..when you can go to the beach and watch chicks....HMM....La has better things to do on sundays...

New flash the bills aren't moving to LA the saints will.....Benson will cut on them as soon as he doen't get a new stadium... They will say they tried but they couldn't get er done......Too much damage from Hurricane....The NFL will give them a super bowl to satisfy them every once in awhile. New Orleans is a tourist town... With half it's population gone and not coming back it's smaller than buffalo.. The city has a smaller population than Rochester ...The NFL is trying to be politically correct.. But soon they will see the light and the saints will be done..

Heck the NBA team doen't even want to come back....They like Oklahoma City better now that's frightening...

BmaX

LtBillsFan66
04-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Bf you are going to have to use your power as the NYC Bills backer Pres and put it to good use. We must brainstorm.
If there is a serious letter writing campaign or something tangible I can get our members to do, I'll direct our 1,400 + members.

Devin
04-07-2006, 03:47 PM
Why spend time watching guys sweat ..when you can go to the beach and watch chicks....HMM....La has better things to do on sundays...

New flash the bills aren't moving to LA the saints will.....Benson will cut on them as soon as he doen't get a new stadium... They will say they tried but they couldn't get er done......Too much damage from Hurricane....The NFL will give them a super bowl to satisfy them every once in awhile. New Orleans is a tourist town... With half it's population gone and not coming back it's smaller than buffalo.. The city has a smaller population than Rochester ...The NFL is trying to be politically correct.. But soon they will see the light and the saints will be done..

Heck the NBA team doen't even want to come back....They like Oklahoma City better now that's frightening...

BmaX

Not hardly. The Saints wont move not any time soon anyway.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Not hardly. The Saints wont move not any time soon anyway.

Exactly, if the Saints were to move they would have done it last season.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
If there is a serious letter writing campaign or something tangible I can get our members to do, I'll direct our 1,400 + members.
Yes I provided the info in my other thread!

We could write out a good letter that could be cut and paisted that would make things easier!

Devin
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Exactly, if the Saints were to move they would have done it last season.

Yeah Im not a Saints fan by any stretch but living here im subjected to the front page crap every day. Its astonishing some of the things the state is doing/cutting to be able to keep the Saints.

Louisiana is a poor state but the Saints are a money-maker for them, one of the few.

Add to that the Saints have had their best season ticket sales in the history of the franchise.....dont hold out hope the Saints will "save the bills".

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Playa, while I admire your honesty and straight forwardness, I can't say that I agree with your stance at all.

How can you call yourself a Bills fan if your so willing to jump the fence when an LA team comes to town? Now is the time for Bills fans to become united and defend our beloved Bills rather then running out on them....before it's too late.

LA has had several chances to hold a team and the fans failed miserably. I think it's in the best interest of the NFL to avoid that part of California like the plague. That is, unless the Chargers fold and move a little North. There are already too many teams in Cali as is.
I have to agree to an extent. I'm getting the impression that Playa isn't what most of the rest of us are, a diehard fan. Most of the rest of us love Buffalo as well as the Bills...the Bills, when they do well, make Buffalo look strong and proud.

shelby
04-07-2006, 04:36 PM

log, it's not all about you.:rolleyes:

:D

BAM
04-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Go Steelers!

Night Train
04-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Go Ohio St. Buckeyes !

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Go Ohio St. Buckeyes !
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/1/80x60/ppb.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)
:monkeyp:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/1/80x60/oob.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob)

BADTHINGSMAN
04-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Id have to route for the Browns if the Bills move to Cali..

How would this affect the AFC East allignment??

OpIv37
04-07-2006, 05:23 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/1/80x60/ppb.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)
:monkeyp:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/ncaaf/teams/1/80x60/oob.gif (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob)
:monkeyp: both.
GO IRISH.

Oaklandraider
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Id have to route for the Browns if the Bills move to Cali..

How would this affect the AFC East allignment??

how would this affect the NFL?? to many teams in cali already it would be 4 team they should just not change it all i know is the raiders contract is not up unitl 2040 so raiders arent going anywhere but it would hurt to see a team whos been around a long time just up in move screw LA they can get something else and im from cali to east oakalnd.

Bmax
04-08-2006, 12:57 AM
WHAT IS THE LEASE SITUATION IN NEW ORLEANS.... ? DEVIN

Devin
04-08-2006, 01:21 AM
In 2001 the Saints and the state of LA agreed to a new 10 year deal. The state basically pays the Saints to play here as it was cheaper then building a new stadium. Keeping them here through 2010.

The deal is worth almost 200 million and I believe it included a boatload of upgrades to the dome.

Bmax
04-08-2006, 01:34 AM
In 2001 the Saints and the state of LA agreed to a new 10 year deal. The state basically pays the Saints to play here as it was cheaper then building a new stadium. Keeping them here through 2010.

The deal is worth almost 200 million and I believe it included a boatload of upgrades to the dome.

WOW !!!!! TALK ABOUT CORPORATE WELFARE....

BMAX.

Historian
04-08-2006, 05:36 AM

:rofl: Very true!

I don't think LA really cares. I'm sure there are some real die-hard football fans out there, but as I recall, the last few years the Raiders were in the Coliseum, they had to section off areas that didn't even sell, thereby making this 100,000 seat monstrosity a sellout with about 70,000 people in it....and they still couldn't get a blackout lifted. What's the population of LA? How many million? I don't think anyone there even cares.

As for Western New York....the Bills are the heart of the community, literally and figuratively. All the other organs (businesses) feed off the supply from that heart.
Remove it, and the patient will die.

Kind of ironic, considering we have one of the world's seven natural wonders here.

And these struggles are nothing new. Ask Jan R, EE, Dozer, or any of the other loooong time fans. Keeping a pro football team here has met with resistance from around the country for the better part of the 20th century. Several of the Bills predicessor franchises were disbanded, and the AAFC Bills, despite having attendance second only to Cleveland, were rejected by the NFL in 1950, their players absorbed amongst the other teams.

This goes way deeper than Ralph Wilson, Jerry Jones, or the CBA.

Someone, or something has it in for this area. It's some sort of deep rooted prejudice that began circa WW II.

Michael82
04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
WHEN they leave, I'm done. The NFL can go **** themselves. If they pull our team away from a tough, struggling state that still continues to sell out games and does better making money more than the Arizona Cardinals (still got a new stadium even though they don't ****ing deserve it!) every could, I will fight the NFL will all my might. I will also join in any protests to keep the Buffalo Bills name, colors, logos, and history here where it belongs and will make a ton of noise to try to bring another team back here even though I know we won't get one. :mad:

One more thing, Buffalo Bills leaving New York = pulling the bottom can off of a pile of cans, they all go topling over. If the NFL yanks the Bills from Western NY, what is left of the NY economy colapses and the state literally becomes a Ghost town, or at least the area.

Michael82
04-08-2006, 12:17 PM
peace Billszone its been fun good luck to all of you
:rolleyes: