PDA

View Full Version : Information on writing govt officials and voicing our opinions

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0308

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 03:49 PM
LMAO and what do fans expect them to do. Here is what will happen..

1) all these Bills fans (I expect about 20K worth) will write, march, ***** and whine to the state.

2) the state being smart will ask for a meeting with the NFL.

3) Tags will say 'Ok but I am outta here in 3 months'

4) The NFL Execs will take the petitions, wipe thier arses with them and toss them in the trash.

5) A new commish will be appointed that is more in line with what the new age owners want.

6) the bills Will get nothing but laughed at by the New commish, 30 other owners and pretty much all the fans of at least 30 other teams.

7) Ralph will hold onto the Bills to the point he dies or has to move them.

bottom line all of this 'call your state rep' crap is well and good. Good PR / rah rah stuff. The Reality is just as one other poster put it....the NFL is a private business. As long as the CBA isn't illegal...the Bills new ower can ***** about it in 2011 when it comes up again, because NOTHING is going to change it now.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
You are right Ice. Sorry for suggesting this....

Forget it guys!

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
I hate to say it but ICE is right on with the first 6 points and about half right with the 7th.

He has to sell to save the franchise. Plain and simple.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
We should do it though. Sitting by twiddling our thumbs just gives the NFL more fuel for the fire. They'll believe the fan base just doesn't care.

I'm writing something this weekend.

Anyone else?

shelby
04-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Yep.
:poem:

socalfan
04-07-2006, 03:54 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/column.php?id=0308

Well, it looks like even the media understands the issues now. You can even send email to these folks. I live in California, but I have already sent emails to political representatives asking that revenue sharing we done in an equitable fashion and that all qualifiers being asked for by the high revenue team be fair.

Hopefully, even if the owners can't get the NFL offices to send them a copy of the CBA and qualifiers, maybe politicians can.

Typ0
04-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Voting power isn't worth a whole lot in WNY. We're done.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 04:01 PM
**** like this makes me feel like such a louse for leaving Buffalo in the first place. As the majority jobs fled Buffalo, so then did I. I've been trying like hell to get back there but I can seem to land anything. Still, it makes me feel partially responsible. Like I'm being punished for leaving.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks a lot Red!

I am here and doing well for my self!

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 04:17 PM
You are right Ice. Sorry for suggesting this....

Forget it guys!

Tell me what was in my post that wasn't right? Even if the politicians in WNY honestly gave a crap, and they dont, the NFL doesn't give a damn what they have to say.

The CBA is DONE. Signed, sealed, Delivered. We have to tough it out until 2011.

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
**** like this makes me feel like such a louse for leaving Buffalo in the first place. As the majority jobs fled Buffalo, so then did I. I've been trying like hell to get back there but I can seem to land anything. Still, it makes me feel partially responsible. Like I'm being punished for leaving.
:cynic:

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks a lot Red!

I am here and doing well for my self!

I know you are.

The satellite industry is sparse in WNY. I've applied to about 200 jobs with Harris and haven't even gotten an email back from them. :mad:

Getting into an uplnk truck like WSB or one of the other Buffalo affiliates would be fine, but jobs in that field are rarely needed.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 04:22 PM
:cynic:

Don't judge me Phil!! :mad:

I already feel like crap. :(

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Don't judge me Phil!! :mad:

I already feel like crap. :(
I'm just messin with ya, bro. ;) This whole thing stinks...only thing I can do is enjoy it while we have it

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
You can write your local officials if it makes you feel better, but the reality is, it won't do any good. Unfortunately.

camelcowboy
04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
You can write your local officials if it makes you feel better, but the reality is, it won't do any good. Unfortunately.

Then never post here! again we are a engine of the bills we are here because we love this team. I will do everything in my power to make a difference. Im going to be voicing all of my opinions. I call everyone who post here to write those emails, and make those calls. The biggest issue is that revenue sharing will go away if a new owner takes over the bills thus making it impossible to have a team in this market. Everyone please voice your opinions and your concerns if we all take the additude that we cant make a difference then nothing will ever get done. Strenght is in numbers, the Billszone and any site that bears the name of the bills has to step up now, while wilson is alive. I need the bills and everyone here should feel the same way. If i had the money i would give a silver membership to anyone who writes the letters. Its our fight and our team. Time to step up. Football is second, bills are number one.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Tell me what was in my post that wasn't right? Even if the politicians in WNY honestly gave a crap, and they dont, the NFL doesn't give a damn what they have to say.

The CBA is DONE. Signed, sealed, Delivered. We have to tough it out until 2011.
no

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I know you are.

The satellite industry is sparse in WNY. I've applied to about 200 jobs with Harris and haven't even gotten an email back from them. :mad:

Getting into an uplnk truck like WSB or one of the other Buffalo affiliates would be fine, but jobs in that field are rarely needed.

I feel your pain.

I can't even get a job at Channel 2.

:ill:

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
no No what? the CBA wont' be changed until 2011. That's all there is too it. the Governor of NY can't do spit about it.

Had other owners had the balls to stand up at the time the CBA negotiations were going on, then we would have No CBA and an uncapped year in 07. That would have worked out best. But it didn't.

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
I feel your pain.

I can't even get a job at Channel 2.

:ill:

Tell me about it.

I'm applying to 6 different jobs at Harris this evening. ****ers better call.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Then never post here! again we are a engine of the bills we are here because we love this team. I will do everything in my power to make a difference. Im going to be voicing all of my opinions. I call everyone who post here to write those emails, and make those calls. The biggest issue is that revenue sharing will go away if a new owner takes over the bills thus making it impossible to have a team in this market. Everyone please voice your opinions and your concerns if we all take the additude that we cant make a difference then nothing will ever get done. Strenght is in numbers, the Billszone and any site that bears the name of the bills has to step up now, while wilson is alive. I need the bills and everyone here should feel the same way. If i had the money i would give a silver membership to anyone who writes the letters. Its our fight and our team. Time to step up. Football is second, bills are number one.

Oh grow up. Write your letters, it means very little. Yeah the NFL is going to break a legal, binding labor agreement because senile old ralph can't afford the Bills anymore and the fans suffer for it?

Not going to happen. REALITY, Ralph needs to sell or this team isn't in buffalo by the 09 season at latest.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Ice don't do anything if you don't want to but if someone wants to do something if only to make themselves feel better leave them the **** alone....