PDA

View Full Version : OK, so say we have a Cleveland Browns situation...

lordofgun
04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
...would it really be so terrible to take a few years off and start all over? :couch:

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 04:28 PM
That's assuming we'd get another team, though

shelby
04-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Can you imagine all the bored Zoners making personal attacks, *****ing, whining, and complaining on the Bills Board? Do you really want offseason-caliber posting for three years straight?
What are you thinking, man?
:cynic:

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Can you imagine all the bored Zoners making personal attacks, *****ing, whining, and complaining on the Bills Board? Do you really want offseason-caliber posting for three years straight?
What are you thinking, man?
:cynic:
:eek: a 3-year offseason? :couch:

OpIv37
04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah, it is terrible. Houston's been back for 4 years and they still suck, cleveland- same thing.

So, let's hypothetically say we keep the team for 06 but lose it prior to 07. That means 3 years without a team, so that's 2010. Then a MINIMUM 3 years before we're good- so that brings us to 2013.

The last playoff year was 1999. So, you're talking 14 years, no playoff wins, one winning season....

yeah, that's horrible.

Night Train
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
When are the Braves due back in at the Airport ?

RedEyE
04-07-2006, 04:52 PM
They didn't fair any better as the Clippers.

ICE74129
04-07-2006, 04:54 PM
I can tell you right now, the day they leave is the day Pro football is never played in Buffalo again.

Right now the economy honestly can't support them. No way in hell the NFL allows a team to go into a situation setup to fail.

Sorry, they go, they are gone for good.

Sell the god damn thing ralph! Park your fuggin ego and SELL!!!!!!

Typ0
04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
don't you think that is his point...he couldn't sell the team if he wanted to under what they are proposing and keep the team in buffalo.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Actually from what he said publicly today, NO one will buy this team and keep it in WNY. What Ralph said today, under the current CBA killed professional football in Buffalo. IE a new stadium won't help, the area is poor, and the Bills will lose money.

The_Philster
04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
don't you think that is his point...he couldn't sell the team if he wanted to under what they are proposing and keep the team in buffalo.
That's the way I heard it as well....that an owner who bought a team wouldn't be able to participate in the same revenue sharing that the current owners are...sounds a little far-fetched though, to me

Bmax
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
YEAH THE BRAVES ARE DUE BACK ANY MIN. IT'S ONLY BEEN 28 YEARS.....\

BMAX

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with the others, once the team leaves it is gone forever. Buffalo is not even close to Cleveland or Houston. I just can't imagine this league wants to take this region out of their fan base. Actually I don't think they care, but the way I see it the league is not as powerful as it was 5 years ago and it is losing their power everyday.

Luisito23
04-07-2006, 11:50 PM
...would it really be so terrible to take a few years off and start all over? :couch:

Of course it will, and it won't happen anyways, cause I still got faith in Buffalo...

GO BILLS!!!!

LifetimeBillsFan
04-08-2006, 02:02 AM
With the rules regarding revenue sharing and new ownership being what they are and the attitudes of the big-market owners like Jones, Snyder and Kraft, there's no way that the Buffalo area gets a new franchise if the Bills leave unless there is a major upturn in the region's economy and an large influx of population to the area. At best, it would take a minimum of ten years under ideal economic conditions nationally for that to happen given the region's political and business leadership. And, by then, the Bills and the fact that a NFL franchise was once based in the area will be just a distant memory.

IMHO the only way that WNY gets to have a NFL franchise in the future is by finding a way to keep the Bills in the short-term, which means getting the NFL to change some of its rules on revenue sharing--especially vis-a-vis new ownership.

Historian
04-08-2006, 05:44 AM
When are the Braves due back in at the Airport ?

Did you see?

The Clippers wore their orange and black Braves throwbacks last week, as they are approaching the franchise record for wins set in 1976 or something.

Looked cool.

No one will ever put a pro football team here again.

And as much as it pains me to say it.....perhaps losing the Bills (even the threat of it) is the wake up call the local politicos need to get their house in order.

You would have thought the Sabres mess was a close enough call, ya know?