OK, so say we have a Cleveland Browns situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

OK, so say we have a Cleveland Browns situation...

...would it really be so terrible to take a few years off and start all over?

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: OK, so say we have a Cleveland Browns situation...

That's assuming we'd get another team, though
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Can you imagine all the bored Zoners making personal attacks, *****ing, whining, and complaining on the Bills Board? Do you really want offseason-caliber posting for three years straight?
      What are you thinking, man?

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
        Can you imagine all the bored Zoners making personal attacks, *****ing, whining, and complaining on the Bills Board? Do you really want offseason-caliber posting for three years straight?
        What are you thinking, man?
        a 3-year offseason?
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

yeah, it is terrible. Houston's been back for 4 years and they still suck, cleveland- same thing.

So, let's hypothetically say we keep the team for 06 but lose it prior to 07. That means 3 years without a team, so that's 2010. Then a MINIMUM 3 years before we're good- so that brings us to 2013.

The last playoff year was 1999. So, you're talking 14 years, no playoff wins, one winning season....

yeah, that's horrible.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

When are the Braves due back in at the Airport ?
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

They didn't fair any better as the Clippers.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I can tell you right now, the day they leave is the day Pro football is never played in Buffalo again.

Right now the economy honestly can't support them. No way in hell the NFL allows a team to go into a situation setup to fail.

Sorry, they go, they are gone for good.

Sell the god damn thing ralph! Park your fuggin ego and SELL!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

don't you think that is his point...he couldn't sell the team if he wanted to under what they are proposing and keep the team in buffalo.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Actually from what he said publicly today, NO one will buy this team and keep it in WNY. What Ralph said today, under the current CBA killed professional football in Buffalo. IE a new stadium won't help, the area is poor, and the Bills will lose money.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                      don't you think that is his point...he couldn't sell the team if he wanted to under what they are proposing and keep the team in buffalo.
                      That's the way I heard it as well....that an owner who bought a team wouldn't be able to participate in the same revenue sharing that the current owners are...sounds a little far-fetched though, to me

Comment

• Bmax
                        • Aug 2003

YEAH THE BRAVES ARE DUE BACK ANY MIN. IT'S ONLY BEEN 28 YEARS.....\

BMAX

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

I agree with the others, once the team leaves it is gone forever. Buffalo is not even close to Cleveland or Houston. I just can't imagine this league wants to take this region out of their fan base. Actually I don't think they care, but the way I see it the league is not as powerful as it was 5 years ago and it is losing their power everyday.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                            ...would it really be so terrible to take a few years off and start all over?

Of course it will, and it won't happen anyways, cause I still got faith in Buffalo...

GO BILLS!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

With the rules regarding revenue sharing and new ownership being what they are and the attitudes of the big-market owners like Jones, Snyder and Kraft, there's no way that the Buffalo area gets a new franchise if the Bills leave unless there is a major upturn in the region's economy and an large influx of population to the area. At best, it would take a minimum of ten years under ideal economic conditions nationally for that to happen given the region's political and business leadership. And, by then, the Bills and the fact that a NFL franchise was once based in the area will be just a distant memory.

IMHO the only way that WNY gets to have a NFL franchise in the future is by finding a way to keep the Bills in the short-term, which means getting the NFL to change some of its rules on revenue sharing--especially vis-a-vis new ownership.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X