X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

notes from minicamp today

Willis was a no-show today, and Holcomb lined up with the first team first although all 3 got equal # of spaps with first team. this was just on sportscenter.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: notes from minicamp today

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

more stories ,sound bytes ,etc.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Nasty McWillis a no show? What a surprise!

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
        Nasty McWillis a no show? What a surprise!
        actually I was kind of surprised to hear this after it was reported that he was working out in Buffalo as opposed to Miami last year.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
          • May 2003

J.P. cut his hair? Holy. Now he looks like Ralph Macchio.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
            • May 2003

"We're all kind of on the same learning curve," said Nall. "They've probably got a couple of weeks on me, but I can go into the huddle and call the play with confidence and know what I'm doing. (Holcomb and Losman) are kind of in the same boat."

Sounds like Nall likes to talk a little trash. Showing his competetive spirit. I like it. I like it alot.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Dont' worry, DJ will follow ralphs lead and fuggup naming holcomb the starter

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Adam Sandler is officially playing QB for the Bills now.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

I LOVE IT!!!

JP =Waterboy!
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

anyone know WHY Willis was a no-show?

I know its voluntary, but I'm not liking that..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• jmb1099
                      • Sep 2004

With last years record there is no good reason not to show, I don't care who you are or what your issue is. No more prima donnas, no more bs, its time to start earning the money we all pony up by way of merchandise, directtv, game tickets etc. Poor work ethic should equal discipline as should lack of interest in a voluntary mini camp. No one on this team should feel as if they have any kind of bragging rights whatsoever at this point...its time to play football. Man some of these guys really piss me off.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Especially with a new coaching staff and systems to learn everyone should be there. I don't care if it's voluntary or not.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Maybe Willis had a family emergency? Je-zus. The wheels are already grinding aren't they? Now I will feel really stupid if he had no good reason becuause you're right, his ass should be there unless. Although jumping to conclusions will only incite the masses to begin a hundred threads about McGahee trade rumors.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

Jauron didn't seem to be that upset by Willis' absence and did say that they were trying to get him in town by Saturday. So, I wouldn't read too much into it at this point, but it does bear watching.

DJ also said that there were only 4 no-shows: Clements--because of his contract situation; Spikes--because of his injury; Willis--because of a previous committment, but who they are trying to get in for the rest of the weekend; and someone who he couldn't remember--who probably won't end up having a job (could be Kevin Thomas, who, like Clements, also has not signed his tender). That's actually very good.

Clements' agents would never allow him to attend until his contract situation is resolved because he would not have any coverage if injured (that's the case with all players and their agents in his situation). And, there is no way that he will sign the tender if they are still talking about doing a longer term deal. (The same would apply to K.Thomas until he signs as well.) So this is an understandable absence. In Kevin Thomas' case, though, it could be the difference between making the team and being out of a job.

Spikes' absence is also understandable since he is still rehabbing and cannot participate in any of the activities. The question is whether he is missing any of the classroom work or not. Still, it is not unusual for an injured vet with the experience that Spikes has to not participate or even be excused from these mini-camps so that he can concentrate on doing his rehab.

Clements and Spikes have been around long enough that it shouldn't take them much to catch up on any classroom work that they might have missed. Willis' absence is more of a concern, but it sounds like something that he discussed with the coaches and may not be that big of an issue if he can get into Buffalo over the weekend and take part in some of the sessions. So, all in all, even though you'd like to see everyone participating, that's not bad at all--especially since DJ pointed out that a lot of the team has already been in town for the last three weeks.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                            X