X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Well Espn got a hold of it

Bills owner Ralph Wilson is questioning whether the NFL's high-revenue owners have the best interest of the league at heart, stepping up concerns that small-market franchises like his face an uncertain future under the new labor agreement.

I'm sure Ralph's ears are burning right now. He's got to be in the owners doghouse across most of the NFL.

But give the old guy credit. He had guts and backbone to stand up and fight these guys. and he did get what he wanted, national media attention draw to the story to fight the big guys trying to dominate the sport.

Good for Ralph. Possibly good for us, more likely catastrophic.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Well Espn got a hold of it

Originally posted by Turf
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2401015

I'm sure Ralph's ears are burning right now. He's got to be in the owners doghouse across most of the NFL.

But give the old guy credit. He had guts and backbone to stand up and fight these guys. and he did get what he wanted, national media attention draw to the story to fight the big guys trying to dominate the sport.

Good for Ralph. Possibly good for us, more likely catastrophic.

Hopefully, Mike Brown of Cinci will come out and say the same thing.

Anything that makes Jones,Snyder and Co. squirm is good !
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
      • May 2003

Pretty feisty for an elder or the elder I should say. I have alot of respect for Ol' Ralphy. I can't believe how much dissrespect he gets on this board.

Singling out Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys, Daniel Snyder of the Washington Redskins and Robert Kraft of the New England Patriots, Wilson said: "They, to me, and this is just my opinion, don't have the same values about the league as the old guard did."

I don't know if I agree with those comments even though I can't stand any of the three but it is interesting that two of these three were chosen by the COMMISH to find his succesor. Where was Ralph? Sorry ass biased bastard. Any good leader would have included at least one owner who opposed the direction he is leading the flock. Coward. You can learn alot from people who do not agree with your politics.

How can someone so intelligent be so ignorant at the same time? Kind of like George Bush.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

Wilson spoke after meeting with Erie County executive Joel Giambra, who implored Bills fans "to get active, to get angry" and write to Tagliabue, the league and elected officials on the team's behalf.

Anyone know how we can do just that?

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
          Hopefully, Mike Brown of Cinci will come out and say the same thing.

Anything that makes Jones,Snyder and Co. squirm is good !
          It doesn't make Jones and co look like scum, it makes ralph look like an old whiny, *****y fool.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Unfortunately, I think money speaks louder than anything else in the new NFL and the money is centered on the owners who have the least interest in the continued viability of teams like Buffalo.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              It doesn't make Jones and co look like scum, it makes ralph look like an old whiny, *****y fool.
              you can interpret it any way you want. The old fool has legitimate concerns. The NFl wouldn't be where it's at today is it weren't for owners like him.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• socalfan
                Old Fogey from Cali
                • Feb 2003

Good find turf! A well written article that genuinely tries to give the Bill's side of the story. No pot shots at Ralph, just plain factual reporting.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  you can interpret it any way you want. The old fool has legitimate concerns. The NFl wouldn't be where it's at today is it weren't for owners like him.
                  I am interpreting it correctly. All he did was make sh@! worse. We got his view on the CBA about a month ago when he *****ed in the press about it. Then again a couple days later. Yeah Ralph you can't afford the team, you hate the CBA...we got it.

For him to do this today wasn't brave, it wasn't smart, it was fuggin stupid. He looks like a friggin moron.

I don't care his concerns are legit, there is nothing that can be done. The CBA is DONE! That's it. *****ing now does nothing. It is more than apperant no one but maybe a team or two will side with him.

Here is the reality of it, the NFL has grown past Ralphs ability to compete. he doesn't have the resources. Not only that he can't grasp the concepts of how to compete in this new NFL. I don't give a damn he doesnt' like it, and I don't give a damn if he is right.

As a fan of this team I give a damn about having a competant owner that can do what needs to be done to compete. We don't have that in Ralph wilson

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by socalfan
                    Good find turf! A well written article that genuinely tries to give the Bill's side of the story. No pot shots at Ralph, just plain factual reporting.
                    Facts are this, CBA is done. ***** in 2011 when something can be done. In the mean time deal with the other facts, Ralph cant afford to keep the Bills but is too damn stuborn to sell. Oh and that fact that ralph pulled a really fuggin stupid move by calling this PC And calling out other owners. He looks cheap, bitter and like a jealous old woman.

It was embarrassing.

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                      Wilson spoke after meeting with Erie County executive Joel Giambra, who implored Bills fans "to get active, to get angry" and write to Tagliabue, the league and elected officials on the team's behalf.

Anyone know how we can do just that?
                      i'm not 100% positive, but this may be Tagliabue's correct addy:
                      Paul Tagliabue
                      Commissioner
                      National Football League
                      280 Park Avenue
                      New York, NY 10017

Taken from here

Hope it helps.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                        Paul Tagliabue
                        Commissioner
                        National Football League
                        280 Park Avenue
                        New York, NY 10017

Taken from here

Hope it helps.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                          Paul Tagliabue
                          Commissioner
                          National Football League
                          280 Park Avenue
                          New York, NY 10017

Taken from here

Hope it helps.

That is a few blocks from where I work - maybe I will try stopping by during lunch. : )

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

If Ralph is so unhappy with the CBA, the new NFL, and the Bills' place in it, he should - for the sake of the long suffering fans who have supported this franchise so loyally - consider selling to Golisano.

When all you can do is ***** and whine about the present, while longing for the "good old days," it's time to go.

Ralph - with the help of all of us Bills' fans and NFL management - has turned a $100,000 investment into a $600-700 Million asset. We should all be so lucky.

I think, as a tribute to the fans who have helped make him so rich, Ralph should begin making plans for him, or his estate, to sell to Golisano.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• G. Host
                              Banned
                              • Jul 2002

Ralph CAN'T sell now. If he does new revenue rules apply to new owner.

If he wants to keep Bills in Buffalo post departure, he needs to have rules change unless he can find someone who wants to stay for nostogilia.

Comment

Working...
                              X