Who might give us a first rounder for Clements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Who might give us a first rounder for Clements?

I mean straight up? This isn't peerless we are talking about. It's one of the young stud CB's in the league.

Trade Clements, Take Huff and Winston in the first.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Who might give us a first rounder for Clements?

Nobody..

GO BILLS!!!!
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

I'd give a 4th rounder... Sound good?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Bling
        I'd give a 4th rounder... Sound good?
        Does your team even have a 4th to trade? What have you guys dished out this offseason in terms of draft picks?

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
          Does your team even have a 4th to trade? What have you guys dished out this offseason in terms of draft picks?
          2nd to Culpepper. 5th we lost in Manny Wright sweepstakes, 6th lost when we had to get rid of AJ Feeley. We have 2 or 3 7ths.

Here's what we have:
          1st
          3rd
          4th
          7th
          7th
          7th?

Some of the 7ths are being talked about being paired to be sent to Detriot for Harrington. So basically we have few draft picks.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Didn't you just resign him?? I don't think you can trade him for at least a year.

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

We tagged him, we can trade him any time.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                We tagged him, we can trade him any time.
                Is sure as heck wouldn't want to see hom traded to the Dolphins. I'm already worried about Miami as it is.

Devin would you trade him to Miami for the rest of their picks and Bling would you take him?

I talk alot of smack about Miami but they might be on to something this year. Although the mistake I think they might be making judging by their actions is that they might fall into the common trap (alot of teams do this-they go for broke at the wrong time) of falsely believing the team is better than it really is.

Bling what is your opinion on the state of the offensive line? That is the biggest complaint or source of criticism I have seen regarding the Dolphins in the recent past.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Thats a tough call, the picks would certainly be enough, moreso a matter of if id want him going to a division rival. At the end of the day a 1,3,4 would be over paying for him so id tend to say yes.

Truthfully if we get a 1 or 2 for him id be happy.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                    Thats a tough call, the picks would certainly be enough, moreso a matter of if id want him going to a division rival. At the end of the day a 1,3,4 would be over paying for him so id tend to say yes.

Truthfully if we get a 1 or 2 for him id be happy.
                    Well now I've gone and goofed this all up. I didn't see the 3rd. You're right. That is WAY over paying but no way I'd take less than mid to high 1st rounder for him or a low first high to mid second.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                      Is sure as heck wouldn't want to see hom traded to the Dolphins. I'm already worried about Miami as it is.

Devin would you trade him to Miami for the rest of their picks and Bling would you take him?

I talk alot of smack about Miami but they might be on to something this year. Although the mistake I think they might be making judging by their actions is that they might fall into the common trap (alot of teams do this-they go for broke at the wrong time) of falsely believing the team is better than it really is.

Bling what is your opinion on the state of the offensive line? That is the biggest complaint or source of criticism I have seen regarding the Dolphins in the recent past.

If any person puts more value in the level of their team, it's going to be the fans. The thing that is refreshing with Saban is that he doesn't have patience in trying to over hype or predict things with a crystal ball--he tells it like it is to the dismay of the press--"it is what it is."

As far as the o-line, here is a recent snippet from SportingNews.com:
                      Re-signing OT Damion McIntosh was a shrewd move for the Dolphins. In the worst-case scenario, McIntosh provides excellent depth as a backup swing offensive tackle. Although L.J. Shelton has replaced him in the lineup for now, McIntosh has three years of full-time starting experience on the left side and is a good enough athlete that he quickly can transition to the right, if necessary. But the other interesting element to having McIntosh is that if the team wants to, it can shift RG Rex Hadnot to center, shift RT Vernon Carey to right guard, put McIntosh at right tackle and use up-and-coming OT Anthony Alabi as the swing backup. Look for the competition and juggling in training camp to be interesting under line coach Hudson Houck. . . .
                      Also in regards to Shelton, I don't have a link since it was in a recent Sporting News magazine, but I guess he was really enamored with Houck that he would've taken less money to play here after his meeting with Houck and Saban. I guess he feels (like a lot of people has,) that he's never lived up to his potential, so after meeting with Houck, he feels that the teacher can get the most out of him, and I guess his measurables is what Houck likes in a lineman, so it will be interesting to see which Shelton shows up.

Comment

Working...
                      X