PDA

View Full Version : Wilson implores politicians for help

G. Host
04-08-2006, 06:31 AM
This is the KEY issue in Ralph's ramble Friday and he does not think the Bills dans can afford it hence it will break the Bills.

The Bills think many of the provisions are unfair, such as ticket revenues being within 80 percent of the league average (Buffalo's tickets are the NFL's cheapest) and counting government subsidies as revenue (such as $3.6 million the Bills get to maintain their stadium).
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060408/SPORTS03/604080335

Why is there not a provision based on attendance AND ticket prices? Because many of the smaller stadiums would not qualify then and while league COULD use it to force bigger stadiums being built, it does not serve the purpose of those who came up with the compromise agreement IMO.

superbills
04-08-2006, 08:14 AM
I don't see why they don't raise ticket prices and see what happens. Raise them to the league average. If fans stop coming (my money says I doubt they will stop coming) then lower them until you find a happy medium. If your pricing system is broke, at least try to fix it.

If fans in Buffalo want to have an NFL team, well the reality is that you have to pay NFL prices for your team. Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.

shelby
04-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.
Exactly!:bf1:

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't see why they don't raise ticket prices and see what happens. Raise them to the league average. If fans stop coming (my money says I doubt they will stop coming) then lower them until you find a happy medium. If your pricing system is broke, at least try to fix it.

If fans in Buffalo want to have an NFL team, well the reality is that you have to pay NFL prices for your team. Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.

Thank you! I am sick of hearing fans *****, then when reality presents a way to at least help...they ***** about that!

Look at some time REALITY is going to sink in. Maybe, just maybe, WNY Can't support a pro football team. I think ralph knows this. But in the mean time Ralph better cut his BS and sell naming rights. (and his comment about it going to just further the cap is BS) and he had better start raising ticket prices

wilcoxbills
04-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I would have no problem paying say $100.00 more for my seats apiece. Thats only $10 a game. with all the season ticket holders that would raise quite a bit of revanue. Then maybe they could pay some good free agents to put a winner on the field.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I would have no problem paying say $100.00 more for my seats apiece. Thats only $10 a game. with all the season ticket holders that would raise quite a bit of revanue. Then maybe they could pay some good free agents to put a winner on the field.
They've already gone up $13 a piece minimum in the past several years...not everyone in WNY gets actual raises :down:

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 09:10 AM
They've already gone up $13 a piece minimum in the past several years...not everyone in WNY gets actual raises :down:

Then don't ***** when they leave. Here it is, Pay for the tickets or don't. It's that simple. The Bills, whomever the owner may be, WILL have to get up to at least the NFL average. First off, they have to for the money. Second, unless ralph cuts the BS and raises ticket prices and sells naming rights, no one will help him.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I've had season tickets for 11 seasons now...and I'll continue to have them for as long as they're here or I can afford it. But face facts, WNY is not a rich area...we simply can't afford the ticket prices other areas can. It's not a question of wanting to or not...we just can't

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Then move the team. Sorry Phil that is life. The Bills must have money to compete and even stay alive.

Facts..

1) The CBA can't and wont be changed till 2011. And Good luck taking away all that the owners gave the players in this CBA. The Minute you do...strike.

2) WNY honestly can't support a pro team. We have known that for some time. Ralph knows it. The old CBA was the ONLY Reason they stayed this long.

3) Ralph is one of (if not THE) Poorest owners in the NFL. He doesn't have the money to keep them.

I feel the shroud of inevitability has fallen on WNY.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Point I'm making is....don't expect us not to *****. The people that don't ***** didn't give a crap in the first place :down:

Jan Reimers
04-08-2006, 09:31 AM
I think the Bills need to do a number of things to help themselves, including a reasonable increase in ticket prices, an aggressive campaign to sell more season tickets and ALL premium seating (sideline club level, endzone clubs, luxury suites, etc.), and a real push to sell more merchandise.

Even if we do all that, however, we will still be at a major disadvantage if the new CBA goes through with all of the proposed "qualifiers." I think Ralph is wise to get the Bills' story out there before the final language is drafted, and wise to enlist Giambra, Pataki (and hopefully Clinton, Shumer et.al.) to put some pressure on the league.

I may have been a little harsh on Ralph, who I think is simply trying to get as much help as possible in the battle with the big market team owners over revenue sharing.

I just hope in the back of his mind, Ralph is considering Tom Golisano as a potential owner, be it before or after his death.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 09:33 AM
Could Ralph leave Golisano the Bills in his will? :scratch:

Jan Reimers
04-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Could Ralph leave Golisano the Bills in his will? :scratch:
That would be great! But I think Mary and his 3 daughters might object.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
That would be great! But I think Mary and his 3 daughters might object.
He could leave them a share but leave Golisano controlling interest :idea:

BAM
04-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I would pay more to come to a game no problem.

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
I would pay double or more even to keep the Bills!

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
:hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2006, 10:34 AM
Thank you! I am sick of hearing fans *****, then when reality presents a way to at least help...they ***** about that!

Look at some time REALITY is going to sink in. Maybe, just maybe, WNY Can't support a pro football team. I think ralph knows this. But in the mean time Ralph better cut his BS and sell naming rights. (and his comment about it going to just further the cap is BS) and he had better start raising ticket prices
The only way in which Western NY could not support the Bills would be if he is not making enough at a corporate level(ie suite sales). I would Guarantee he could raise prices to league average or higher and we would still sell out.. Especially if it was known that the Bills could leave if we don't!

superbills
04-08-2006, 12:03 PM
The only way in which Western NY could not support the Bills would be if he is not making enough at a corporate level(ie suite sales). I would Guarantee he could raise prices to league average or higher and we would still sell out.. Especially if it was known that the Bills could leave if we don't!

Exactly. I think we need to start there and then see where we stand. Luxury-box sales and what-not are a different story, but raising regualr-seat prices at the very least could buy us a couple of more years to work something out, owner-wise.

Michael82
04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Me too. If it cost me $500 per seat, I would pay it, just to keep the Bills here.

However, I will say this...IF they want to raise our ticket prices, Ralph better use some of this money to get some talented players in Buffalo and spend up to the cap so we can finally start winning again.

Winning cures all! :up:

BAM
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I will admit though... it's easy for me to say that as I only come to 2 or 3 games a year. It would probably piss me off if I were a seasons holder. But if it jeopardized them leaving, I'd most likely "cowboy up."