• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Wilson implores politicians for help

This is the KEY issue in Ralph's ramble Friday and he does not think the Bills dans can afford it hence it will break the Bills.

The Bills think many of the provisions are unfair, such as ticket revenues being within 80 percent of the league average (Buffalo's tickets are the NFL's cheapest) and counting government subsidies as revenue (such as $3.6 million the Bills get to maintain their stadium).

Why is there not a provision based on attendance AND ticket prices? Because many of the smaller stadiums would not qualify then and while league COULD use it to force bigger stadiums being built, it does not serve the purpose of those who came up with the compromise agreement IMO.
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Re: Wilson implores politicians for help

I don't see why they don't raise ticket prices and see what happens. Raise them to the league average. If fans stop coming (my money says I doubt they will stop coming) then lower them until you find a happy medium. If your pricing system is broke, at least try to fix it.

If fans in Buffalo want to have an NFL team, well the reality is that you have to pay NFL prices for your team. Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by superbills
      Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.
      Exactly!

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by superbills
        I don't see why they don't raise ticket prices and see what happens. Raise them to the league average. If fans stop coming (my money says I doubt they will stop coming) then lower them until you find a happy medium. If your pricing system is broke, at least try to fix it.

If fans in Buffalo want to have an NFL team, well the reality is that you have to pay NFL prices for your team. Sitting and whining about economic dispair is not going to keep the team here.
        Thank you! I am sick of hearing fans *****, then when reality presents a way to at least help...they ***** about that!

Look at some time REALITY is going to sink in. Maybe, just maybe, WNY Can't support a pro football team. I think ralph knows this. But in the mean time Ralph better cut his BS and sell naming rights. (and his comment about it going to just further the cap is BS) and he had better start raising ticket prices

Comment

• wilcoxbills
          • Jun 2003

I would have no problem paying say $100.00 more for my seats apiece. Thats only $10 a game. with all the season ticket holders that would raise quite a bit of revanue. Then maybe they could pay some good free agents to put a winner on the field.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wilcoxbills
            I would have no problem paying say $100.00 more for my seats apiece. Thats only $10 a game. with all the season ticket holders that would raise quite a bit of revanue. Then maybe they could pay some good free agents to put a winner on the field.
            They've already gone up $13 a piece minimum in the past several years...not everyone in WNY gets actual raises
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
              They've already gone up $13 a piece minimum in the past several years...not everyone in WNY gets actual raises
              Then don't ***** when they leave. Here it is, Pay for the tickets or don't. It's that simple. The Bills, whomever the owner may be, WILL have to get up to at least the NFL average. First off, they have to for the money. Second, unless ralph cuts the BS and raises ticket prices and sells naming rights, no one will help him.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

I've had season tickets for 11 seasons now...and I'll continue to have them for as long as they're here or I can afford it. But face facts, WNY is not a rich area...we simply can't afford the ticket prices other areas can. It's not a question of wanting to or not...we just can't
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Then move the team. Sorry Phil that is life. The Bills must have money to compete and even stay alive.

Facts..

1) The CBA can't and wont be changed till 2011. And Good luck taking away all that the owners gave the players in this CBA. The Minute you do...strike.

2) WNY honestly can't support a pro team. We have known that for some time. Ralph knows it. The old CBA was the ONLY Reason they stayed this long.

3) Ralph is one of (if not THE) Poorest owners in the NFL. He doesn't have the money to keep them.

I feel the shroud of inevitability has fallen on WNY.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Point I'm making is....don't expect us not to *****. The people that don't ***** didn't give a crap in the first place

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I think the Bills need to do a number of things to help themselves, including a reasonable increase in ticket prices, an aggressive campaign to sell more season tickets and ALL premium seating (sideline club level, endzone clubs, luxury suites, etc.), and a real push to sell more merchandise.

Even if we do all that, however, we will still be at a major disadvantage if the new CBA goes through with all of the proposed "qualifiers." I think Ralph is wise to get the Bills' story out there before the final language is drafted, and wise to enlist Giambra, Pataki (and hopefully Clinton, Shumer et.al.) to put some pressure on the league.

I may have been a little harsh on Ralph, who I think is simply trying to get as much help as possible in the battle with the big market team owners over revenue sharing.

I just hope in the back of his mind, Ralph is considering Tom Golisano as a potential owner, be it before or after his death.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Could Ralph leave Golisano the Bills in his will?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          Could Ralph leave Golisano the Bills in his will?
                          That would be great! But I think Mary and his 3 daughters might object.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            That would be great! But I think Mary and his 3 daughters might object.
                            He could leave them a share but leave Golisano controlling interest

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

I would pay more to come to a game no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X