PDA

View Full Version : With fans like some of you people

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't blame Ralph for moving the team.

Is Ralph the new whipping boy? You all should be greatful that he has never moved the team. Even after the back to back 2-14 seasons years ago.

I didn't count but there has to be atleast 5 threads on this page complaining about Ralph.

He want's a Super Bowl title, he will not sell the team until he is gone.

Long live Ralph Wilson and Long Live the Buffalo Bills.

OpIv37
04-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah? He wants a super bowl title?

Well how is he going to attract good players here after he said the team has no money? After he said he may have to move the team?

Publicly making your team look like a ****ty place to play is not the road to Super Bowl glory.

Ralph just went on TV and *****ed out some very powerful people- if you thought the cards were stacked against the Bills before, wait til you see what happens now.

Gunzlingr
04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I can't believe I am about to :posrep: Tackling Dummy. How sad is that :ill:

Slim
04-08-2006, 01:27 PM

...Im actually considering negging you.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh yeah? He wants a super bowl title?

Well how is he going to attract good players here after he said the team has no money? After he said he may have to move the team?

Publicly making your team look like a ****ty place to play is not the road to Super Bowl glory.

Ralph just went on TV and *****ed out some very powerful people- if you thought the cards were stacked against the Bills before, wait til you see what happens now.

You don't think he wants a Super Bowl title?

You attract good players by the draft. Teams are built by the draft. FA means almost nothing.

Why shouldn't Ralph *****? When owners like Synder give out stupid contracts like the one Randle El got.

OpIv37
04-08-2006, 01:30 PM

it's a load of horse ****. TD is full of it again

WE should be grateful? How about this: Ralph should be grateful that people still gave a damn about this team after back to back 2-14 seasons. That WNY is hard up for money but 75,000 people have no problems shelling out 40-plus dollars a seat 8 times a year and buying ridiculous amounts of merchandise. That the stadium still sells out at the end of a year where we finished 5-11.

Ralph did the community a favor by bringing a team here, but the COMMUNITY and the FANS are the reason why it's still here. Not Ralph.

The_Philster
04-08-2006, 01:30 PM
I know :ill:

OpIv37
04-08-2006, 01:32 PM

You attract good players by the draft. Teams are built by the draft. FA means almost nothing.

Why shouldn't Ralph *****? When owners like Synder give out stupid contracts like the one Randle El got.

he wants one- yes. Is he doing what needs to be done to get one? no.

He can't complain that the CBA is stacked against him then publicly chastise the people whose help he'd need to change it.

Slim
04-08-2006, 01:32 PM

Yes Td.. FA means nothing..:rolleyes:

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 01:35 PM

Is Ralph the new whipping boy? You all should be greatful that he has never moved the team. Even after the back to back 2-14 seasons years ago.

I didn't count but there has to be atleast 5 threads on this page complaining about Ralph.

the homers need to get your lips off of ralphs puckered arse. he IS the problem with the Bills. Being a homer doen't make you a good fan, it makes you a lemming.

Good fans can see the REALITY of things and take the team for what it is, good or bad and still root for the team.

BTW there is no code, written or not, that says you must support or even like an owner to be a fan of the TEAM.

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 01:36 PM

TD and Ralph both are wrong.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 01:40 PM

FA means almost nothing? what a load of **** that is..

YOu keep telling yourself FA means almost nothing.

Teams are BUILT through the draft and they are re-tooled and put OVER the top with FA..

Pittsburgh wouldnt have been Pittsburgh the last decade if they didnt sign Jerome Bettis, and Duce Staley among others.

The Patriots signed Colvin, Washington, Harrison among others as FA's peices of the pie.

The Ravens WON a Super bowl primarily through FA signings, and so did Tampa Bay in the past six years..

its a 50/50 split.. you have to draft well and you have to add a few key peices through FA.. To say FA means almost nothing is horse****..

BTW< your a HOlcomb guy aren't you? You say BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT, and STart KELLY HOLCOMB????

Mitchy moo
04-08-2006, 01:42 PM

WE should be grateful? How about this: Ralph should be grateful that people still gave a damn about this team after back to back 2-14 seasons. That WNY is hard up for money but 75,000 people have no problems shelling out 40-plus dollars a seat 8 times a year and buying ridiculous amounts of merchandise. That the stadium still sells out at the end of a year where we finished 5-11.

Ralph did the community a favor by bringing a team here, but the COMMUNITY and the FANS are the reason why it's still here. Not Ralph.

Bravo, couldn't be more true. The poor WNYers paid the Bills and made him worth $600 Million and what do we get, a whining confused grouch.

NM

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 01:43 PM
WE should be grateful? How about this: Ralph should be grateful that people still gave a damn about this team after back to back 2-14 seasons.

How wrong you are. The fans did not support the Buffalo Bills or give a damn about them during the back to back 2-14 seasos.

Attendence at the 70+ thousand seat ralph during 1984

vs Pats.: 48528
Miami: 65455
Jets: 48330
Eagles: 37555
Denver: 31204
Browns: 33343
Dallas: 74391
Colts: 20693

Chargers: 67597
Pats: 40334
Vikings: 45667
Colts: 28430
Bengals: 25640
Oilers: 21831
Miami: 50474
Jets: 23122

Bills fans are lucky to still have a team. A owner like the ones Ralph complained about would of moved this team long ago.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 01:50 PM
FA means almost nothing? what a load of **** that is..

YOu keep telling yourself FA means almost nothing.

Teams are BUILT through the draft and they are re-tooled and put OVER the top with FA..

Pittsburgh wouldnt have been Pittsburgh the last decade if they didnt sign Jerome Bettis, and Duce Staley among others.

The Patriots signed Colvin, Washington, Harrison among others as FA's peices of the pie.

The Ravens WON a Super bowl primarily through FA signings, and so did Tampa Bay in the past six years..

its a 50/50 split.. you have to draft well and you have to add a few key peices through FA.. To say FA means almost nothing is horse****..

BTW< your a HOlcomb guy aren't you? You say BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT, and STart KELLY HOLCOMB????

Duce Staley? You got to be kidding me.

The Patroits drafted well that's why they became a good team. They didn't have to blow all their money on Free Agents to become a good team. They added the pieces they needed thru FA. If they didn't draft well they wouldn't be half as good.

Im a Holcomb guy because out of the 3 bums we have at QB he is the best option. I have also said the Bills need to DRAFT their future franchise QB. Not go out and sign a FA and blow all that money on one.

It's all about the draft and FA means almost nothing. Not nothing, almost nothing.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Bravo, couldn't be more true. The poor WNYers paid the Bills and made him worth $600 Million and what do we get, a whining confused grouch.

NM

WNYer's didn't make Ralph rich. TV contracts have made Ralph rich and the Bills worth money.

Mr. Pink
04-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Duce Staley? You got to be kidding me.

The Patroits drafted well that's why they became a good team. They didn't have to blow all their money on Free Agents to become a good team. They added the pieces they needed thru FA. If they didn't draft well they wouldn't be half as good.

Im a Holcomb guy because out of the 3 bums we have at QB he is the best option. I have also said the Bills need to DRAFT their future franchise QB. Not go out and sign a FA and blow all that money on one.

It's all about the draft and FA means almost nothing. Not nothing, almost nothing.

Who was the leader of the Patriots defense? If you couldn't tell that last year, besides the Bruschi propaganda, I don't know what to tell you. Look no further than the fact EVERY team could throw all over them the majority of the season. Which player was missing RODNEY HARRISON...acquired via Free Agency. I guess that meant "almost nothing" though, right? Right!

About Holcomb, I think he's the WORST QB on the roster right now, including Woodbury. I'm glad that bum decided to take less money to get out of Cleveland where he was guaranteed to be the starter, unfortunately he had to come here. Tells you something about his character and desire.

Michael82
04-08-2006, 02:00 PM

He can't complain that the CBA is stacked against him then publicly chastise the people whose help he'd need to change it.
:posrep:

Mitchy moo
04-08-2006, 02:02 PM
WNYer's didn't make Ralph rich. TV contracts have made Ralph rich and the Bills worth money.

No TV contracts made the NFL rich and the local fans that supported the teams to keep them there long enough for the owners to be worth that.

billsburgh
04-08-2006, 02:07 PM

not to nitpick, but Bettis was obtained through a trade. it was probably one of Donahoe's few good moves while running a football team.

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM

Funny how that works huh? Yeah I need help but let me piss off every one that can actually help. Nice move

TacklingDummy
04-08-2006, 02:32 PM
Who was the leader of the Patriots defense? If you couldn't tell that last year, besides the Bruschi propaganda, I don't know what to tell you. Look no further than the fact EVERY team could throw all over them the majority of the season. Which player was missing RODNEY HARRISON...acquired via Free Agency. I guess that meant "almost nothing" though, right? Right!

And if NE didn't draft well, what good would adding the extra pieces they need thru Free Agency mean? Nothing. They would of have had to spend even more money on FAs cause their drafts sucked.

It's all about the draft and nothing but the draft.

The Bills were good back in the early 90s because they drafted well. Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Reed, Hull, Wolford, Ballard, draft day trade Bennett, Conlan, Norwood, Talley, Hansen, Odoms, McKeller, Bailey, Beebe etc...

And the same could be said for any good team. It all starts and ends with the draft.

Mr. Pink
04-08-2006, 05:18 PM
And if NE didn't draft well, what good would adding the extra pieces they need thru Free Agency mean? Nothing. They would of have had to spend even more money on FAs cause their drafts sucked.

It's all about the draft and nothing but the draft.

The Bills were good back in the early 90s because they drafted well. Kelly, Thomas, Smith, Reed, Hull, Wolford, Ballard, draft day trade Bennett, Conlan, Norwood, Talley, Hansen, Odoms, McKeller, Bailey, Beebe etc...

And the same could be said for any good team. It all starts and ends with the draft.

GREAT! Now we're comparing a brand of the NFL from 15 years ago that IS/WAS nothing like the game today. Free Agency wasn't as prevalent then as it is now. There was NO cap, so if a team wanted you, they kept you. If they didn't want you, you then became a PLAN B free agent. It's nothing like today, how you can even attempt to compare how a team was built in the early 90s to a team build today is laughable at best and outright WRONG.

Bill Brasky
04-08-2006, 07:19 PM

He should be grateful people are still going to games after decades of futility.

If he wants a Super Bowl so damn bad, pony up the coins to get some talent, instead of *****ing about how he can only bring in X amount of millions of dollars. Don't bring in guys like Robert Royal and then think the fans will be happy pissing away their hard earned cash to watch the team win 5 ****ing games.

It's not like he's broke. He had the nucleus in the early/mid 90's and refused to pony up the cash to bring in extra guys in needed positions to put the team over the top.

He's had 46 years to bring a Super Bow here, and 75% of the time the team has flat out sucked because he's too cheap to spend on top talent. He had OJ Simpson and wouldn't give the team a QB or defense... he had Jim, Thurman, Andre, one of the best offenses in league history and wouldn't patch up the few bad spots on defense... and this was back when the economy of WNY wasn't in shambles!!!!!

If the team was broke, he'd have moved it by now. He has the cash, he doesn't want to spend it. It's not in the red. It's making cash, and worth more than several other NFL teams in bigger markets.

I'm frankly growing tired of the excuses that this team is broke. It has the capital to bring in guys, but the guys in the front office are too cheap to do it, but they're quick to ***** about how they're not making as much as everyone else.

Winning=revenue. If the team was good, I don't think anybody would mind spending more on tickets, merch, etc. When you have a team that has sucked for the majority of it's lifespan, of course nobody is going to go watch it religiously. If you had a team that was dominant the majority of its lifespan, people would be clamoring to get through the gates.

SabreEleven
04-08-2006, 07:35 PM

Don't do it, man. Don't go to the dark side.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
GREAT! Now we're comparing a brand of the NFL from 15 years ago that IS/WAS nothing like the game today. Free Agency wasn't as prevalent then as it is now. There was NO cap, so if a team wanted you, they kept you. If they didn't want you, you then became a PLAN B free agent. It's nothing like today, how you can even attempt to compare how a team was built in the early 90s to a team build today is laughable at best and outright WRONG.

New England wasn't 15 years ago.

They drafted well. They needed a few pieces thru FA and they got them.

Buffalo needs more then a few pieces. And it starts with the draft.

theBlackBear
04-09-2006, 11:39 AM

Nice post!

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 11:40 AM

Exactly. TD makes it sound like Ralph has lost everything he owns to keep the Bills in Buffalo. The fans and community of Buffalo and the surrounding areas has made Ralph filthy rich over the years. Ralph is just mad now because he might not make as much as he wants to with the new CBA. He won't be standing in the food lines anytime soon.

The franchise is now worth over 700 million dollars and also the endless full of millions he's made over his lifetime from the Bills on top of that.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 11:44 AM
The fans and community of Buffalo and the surrounding areas has made Ralph filthy rich over the years.

The franchise is now worth over 700 million dollars and also the endless full of millions he's made over his lifetime from the Bills on top of that.

TV contract money has made Ralph rich over the years and TV contracts are the reason why the Bills are worth so much.

Isn't Buffalo one of the cheapest tickets in football? I think it's time for Ralph to jack up the prices $20 or so.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 11:45 AM
:bf1:Nice way to completely ignore what Ralph is saying, Feve...he's not talking about what the new CBA will do to himself...he's talking about what the new CBA will do to prevent a new owner from keeping the team in Buffalo

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 11:49 AM
To dispel the WHOLE myth the Pats are a team built through the draft and nothing else....and to dispel that FA amounts to next to nothing....

11 of the starters offense and defense were drafted by the team, as of right now. Reche Caldwell could push that down to 10 however.

That means 11 of the starters were acquired via trade or FA....or 50% Only guy I can think of off the top of my head that was trade was Corey Dillon. So 10 guys who start according to their depth chart as of right now were brought in as FAs.

Their K and P now? Both FAs.

If you want to be technical about it and say Vinateri was their kicker through their championship run....then I can cancel that out with Christian Fauria who was their TE through their championship run, also FA.

So like I said, to say FA results in almost nothing to the way a team is built is ludicrous. And TD, you compared how the Bills were built in the 90s which is why my last post reflected how you tried to compare a team from 15 years ago to todays' era.

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Out of 46 years of the Buffalo Bills how many winning seasons have we had? More then half of the seasons have been losing seasons.

We have only made the playoffs ONCE in the last 10 years yet people continue to come to the games. Since the late 80's-early 90's the Bills have been in the Top 10 in attendance and some years the Top 5.

Even the past 10 years when we have only had about 3 winnings seasons and have only seen the playoffs once the Bills continue to draw towards the top of the league in attendance.

This area has supported the Bills more then enough. Ralph has made millions of us but outside of a few years out of every 10 he isn't willing to pony up the cash it takes to put a winner on the field. And like someone else stated that when we had the nucleus in the early 90's Ralph wouldn't go the extra mile to spend the money on the missing pieces it would've taken to jump ahead of the NFC SB teams.

Sure Ralph would love to win a SB just like every owner would. Ralph wants to win it on his drawn out budget though.

He'll let great players walk in FA or won't bring in the missing pieces to make us contenders.

The only real success this franchise has ever had was our runs for the SB in the early 90's. Outside of that this team has sucked. Sure there has been a few playoffs appearances here and there through the rest of the years but never a major contender.

We got lucky to have someone like Polian who built a great team and found a cheap coach who ended up being good(Ralph has never paid good money to bring in a real coaching staff)

Besides that this franchise has been junk yet the Bills continue to pump money into Ralph's pockets and stood beside this team holding out hope that they would turn it around.

None of us wanna here the poverty line Ralph is trying to throw at us now or people sticking up for him acting like he has done us a favor keeping the Bills here. We have done him a favor by continuing to spend our money and put asses in the seats even though outside of about 5 years in the 90's this team has either been junk or never a threat for the title and with an owner who runs his franchise on the cheap and wouldn't do what it took to put the team over the hump in fear it would dip into his profits of millions he already made.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:01 PM
We have only made the playoffs ONCE in the last 10 yearsyou hurt your credibility when you can't get a simple fact like this straight :rolleyes:...try 3 times

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:02 PM
:bf1:Nice way to completely ignore what Ralph is saying, Feve...he's not talking about what the new CBA will do to himself...he's talking about what the new CBA will do to prevent a new owner from keeping the team in Buffalo

That's why he's saying he can't gurantee how long he will keep the Bills in Buffalo?

It's just another example of Phil's homerness and giving everything associated with this team the benefit of the doubt while refusing to believe anything bad about them.

Ralph is worried his profits. Don't be niave.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:06 PM
That's why he's saying he can't gurantee how long he will keep the Bills in Buffalo?

It's just another example of Phil's homerness and giving everything associated with this team the benefit of the doubt while refusing to believe anything bad about them.

Ralph is worried his profits. Don't be niave.
now you're putting words in his mouth...try actually paying attention...he's saying he can't guarantee how long the Bills can be kept in Buffalo...he said nothing about himself keeping them there...don't be nave? try reading a little Mr. 1996+1998+1999 =1 playoff appearance

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:11 PM
you hurt your credibility when you can't get a simple fact like this straight :rolleyes:...try 3 times

Since 1997 we have two playoff appreances when Flutie and Phillips was here. We haven't had a playoff game at home since 1996 when we lost to Jacksonville and only once in the last 10 years counting that season and haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. That is pathetic and what I meant.

You are content with this? This is almost the old Bengals status.

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:16 PM
now you're putting words in his mouth...try actually paying attention...he's saying he can't guarantee how long the Bills can be kept in Buffalo...he said nothing about himself keeping them there...don't be nave? try reading a little Mr. 1996+1998+1999 =1 playoff appearance

I wasn't counting 1996 in the 10 years. I wasn't thinking of that whole other year of our 1 playoff game exit during the futility when I was fired up.

Wilson is worried about the next owner being able to keep the Bills there? Even after he said this..

Ralph isn't making any gurantees he will keep the team here. He is worried about his pockets and that's why we haven't signed anybody.

They interviewed RW before mini-camp today I guess it was and hes now saying that he can only promise the Bills will be here in 2006.

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">The way I see things going I am making no commitments as to how long the team will be here.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Wilson told the reporter he can only say the Bills will be in Buffalo for 2006.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Since 1997 we have two playoff appreances when Flutie and Phillips was here. We haven't had a playoff game at home since 1996 when we lost to Jacksonville and only once in the last 10 years counting that season and haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. That is pathetic and what I meant.

You are content with this? This is almost the old Bengals status.First of all, show me where I said I was content with it...you can't
secondly, make up your mind..you said 10 years....that means 1996...and there were 3 playoff appearances by the Bills in that time frame..not 1, not 2
home against Jax following 1996
at Miami following 1998
at Tennessee following 1999

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:20 PM
The way I see things going I am making no commitments as to how long the team will be here.
Yeah, I saw that quote...where does it say he would control that? How the **** is he supposed to keep the team in Buffalo past this year if he croaks tomorrow!! Think a little...sheesh

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I saw that quote...where does it say he would control that? How the **** is he supposed to keep the team in Buffalo past this year if he croaks tomorrow!! Think a little...sheesh

Here we go again. He said "I am not making any commitments past the 2006 seasons"

I'm sure he's just planning on dying after this season when he made the statement. He's talking about himself.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:24 PM
so when should he plan to die considering you seem to think he's gonna control when that happens? :scratch:

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:28 PM
First of all, show me where I said I was content with it...you can't
secondly, make up your mind..you said 10 years....that means 1996...and there were 3 playoff appearances by the Bills in that time frame..not 1, not 2
home against Jax following 1996
at Miami following 1998
at Tennessee following 1999

In the last 10 years. Since the 1996 it's 10 years. It is the year 2006 in case you haven't noticed. I wasn't counting that year.

97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06.

That equals 10 years to me and we're not making them this year either.

I should remember that game. I was sitting on the 50 yard line and it was Kelly's last game.

Sorry I wasn't thinking of the Miami disaster that exact second. I know you don't make any mistakes. Phil is perfect. I promote Phil as the next owner of the team.

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:29 PM
Ralph is the reason why we have a team. Don't forget that, All of you saying the bills will be better when he's gone just don't see that most likely the team won't be here when he passes. He's not going to sell it, his daughters won't keep them here. And who is going to want a small market team that isn't eligable for revenue sharing. Only logical choice for a new owner would be to move it to a bigger market. Ralph is pushing the panic button because maybe he realizes he doesn't have long left. The situation is dire, So you morons that think ralph is the problem take a step back, and explain to me who right now is going to step up to keep this team here? So is ralph going about it the wrong way? he's downing some of the bigger names in the game. But i ask you how serious do you think they are taking Ralph, maybe thats why he has to take his fight public. New owners aren't listening to Ralph so Ralph is taking his fight to someone who can make them listen. Politicans and the Public. I think its a step that needs to be taken.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:30 PM
The 2006 season hasn't happened yet...so you're only counting 9 years

Sorry I wasn't thinking of the Miami disaster that exact second. I know you don't make any mistakes. Phil is perfect. not perfect...I just know how to count :D

BillsFever21
04-09-2006, 12:34 PM
so when should he plan to die considering you seem to think he's gonna control when that happens? :scratch:

I guess he should've said "I can't make any commitments past the 2006 season cause I'm a cheap senile old fart and I could kick the bucket after this season"

He just said he(himself) couldn't make any commitments.

If I told my company "I'm not making any commitments past 2006 that I'm gonna still be with the company" does that mean I'm factoring in that I might die by that time?

You don't wanna believe it but he was insinuating that he isn't gonna gurantee that he will keep the team here after 2006.

Just like you didn't want to believe the Moulds situation in Miami. Thought he wanted to leave the Bills so he could go to a "winning team". And I guess he didn't mean to spit on two players either...

Some will believe whatever they wish to make them feel better and not face reality.

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:34 PM
In the last 10 years. Since the 1996 it's 10 years. It is the year 2006 in case you haven't noticed. I wasn't counting that year.

97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06.

That equals 10 years to me and we're not making them this year either.

I should remember that game. I was sitting on the 50 yard line and it was Kelly's last game.

Sorry I wasn't thinking of the Miami disaster that exact second. I know you don't make any mistakes. Phil is perfect. I promote Phil as the next owner of the team.

Im glad you didn't have to count to 11, wouldn't want you to have to take your socks off.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Who's to say a new owner would be any better then Ralph?

Just because Golisano is getting some credit for the Sabres being good doesn't mean he be a good NFL owner. I've read some posts on here calling Golisano cheap. And that's with a NHL payroll.

And the Sabres are nothing special. I doubt they get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I guess he should've said "I can't make any commitments past the 2006 season cause I'm a cheap senile old fart and I could kick the bucket after this season"

Calling a guy who spends a 100 million on payroll cheap. That's funny.

It's not Ralph's fault that our drafts have sucked which makes for a sucky team. Thank Tom Donahoe for that.

And Ralph did pay for a huge contract in Mike Williams and Rob Johnson. Boy did he get stiffed there.

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:43 PM
TD your having a good day today i might rep you

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
TD your having a good day today i might rep you
I've :posrep:'d him twice in the past 24 hours for some outstanding posts...I don't feel so good :ill:

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I've :posrep:'d him twice in the past 24 hours for some outstanding posts...I don't feel so good :ill:

I know but look on the bright side we can alway neg him later.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 04:37 PM

oh...and we should be grateful that we had kay stephenson as a coach back then too.riiiight..... :up:

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
It's not Ralph's fault that our drafts have sucked which makes for a sucky team. Thank Tom Donahoe for that.

and who hired donahoe?you guessed it....the Old Fart did.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:39 PM
oh...and we should be grateful that we had kay stephenson as a coach back then too.riiiight..... :up:

With the talent Kay Stephenson had you expect him to win with it? A coach is only as good as his players.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 04:40 PM
With the talent Kay Stephenson had you expect him to win with it? A coach is only as good as his players.

and if the Old Fart cared back then,he woulda had a GM who knew what the hell he was doing.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:41 PM
and who hired donahoe?you guessed it....the Old Fart did.

Bad intelligence.

Most fans were also on board of the TD bandwagon when it first pulled into town.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:42 PM
and if the Old Fart cared back then,he woulda had a GM who knew what the hell he was doing.

hmmm, didn't Bill Polian get hired right around the time Kay left?

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Bad intelligence.

Most fans were also on board of the TD bandwagon when it first pulled into town.
SAB...don't make me keep agreeing with TDummy :ill: He's right..in the late 90s the top GMs in the league were Polian, Butler, Wolfe, and Donahoe going by popular opinion...people were excited to get in another of the top GMs...a GM whose Steelers were strong almost the entire time he was there.
In hindsight, it's evident that was more Cowher than Donahoe but still..:idunno:

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 04:45 PM
hmmm, didn't Bill Polian get hired right around the time Kay left?

key words....around the time kay left. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 04:47 PM
SAB...don't make me keep agreeing with TDummy :ill: He's right..in the late 90s the top GMs in the league were Polian, Butler, Wolfe, and Donahoe going by popular opinion...people were excited to get in another of the top GMs...a GM whose Steelers were strong almost the entire time he was there.
In hindsight, it's evident that was more Cowher than Donahoe but still..:idunno:

i'm not talking about the 90's.we're talking the timeframe of the back to back 2-14 seasons.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:50 PM
key words....around the time kay left. :rolleyes:

You roll your eyes, but what's your point?

You said Ralph should of cared back when Kay was coach to get a good GM. He did get a good GM and you roll your eyes at it.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Who's to say a new owner would be any better then Ralph?

Just because Golisano is getting some credit for the Sabres being good doesn't mean he be a good NFL owner. I've read some posts on here calling Golisano cheap. And that's with a NHL payroll.

And the Sabres are nothing special. I doubt they get past the 1st round of the playoffs.

what a stupid post..

The Sabres are one of the best young teams in the NHL and they'll only get better.. THey came out of NOWHERE this year and to even be in the playoffs is spectacular.. You criticize Bills fans and then you say something ignorant like that..

Good job.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Just for you information, Kay Stephenson fired Oct. 1, 1985, Bill Polian hired Dec. 30 1985.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 04:57 PM
And BTW Mr. Polian had really no track record before coming here. He worked out amazingly well, I might add. But there was no hoopla nor amounts of money thrown to him to bring him here. He came here as a virtual nobody who proved he was somebody.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM
what a stupid post..

The Sabres are one of the best young teams in the NHL and they'll only get better.. THey came out of NOWHERE this year and to even be in the playoffs is spectacular.. You criticize Bills fans and then you say something ignorant like that..

Good job.

Thx. It still doesn't mean that they will beat the Flyers in the 1st round of the playoffs.

And let's use the Buffalo Bills fans mentality for the Sabres.... If the Sabres are gonna be one and done in the playoffs, or not win the Stanley Cup, they should of lost all their games this year to get the #1 pick.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 05:01 PM
He came here as a virtual nobody who proved he was somebody.

Isn't that how all GM's start out?

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Thx. It still doesn't mean that they will beat the Flyers in the 1st round of the playoffs.

And let's use the Buffalo Bills fans mentality for the Sabres.... If the Sabres are gonna be one and done in the playoffs, or not win the Stanley Cup, they should of lost all their games this year to get the #1 pick.

What fan has a mentality for the Bills that they'd rather lose all their games and get the no. 1 pick instead of making the playoffs and losing in the first round?? I dont know of any on here.

And you're sure Philly beats the Sabres? BAsed on what? We're 3-1 against Philly and they can't skate with us.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Isn't that how all GM's start out?

Some not all. I believed the original point was Ralph likes to bring guys in on the cheap though. Which Polian was brought in on the pretense of. Some guys work out, most do not. We got lucky for the Polian period, EXTREMELY lucky at that. And none of us will complain about receiving that luck. Much like I'll never complain about Butler and his spending, sure, he put us into salary cap jail, but we as fans got to watch some very good teams week after week.

BTW, when we're the team that has the MOST cap room remaining, yes we're being cheap. There were plenty of players available in FA that could have helped this team be competitive from sunday to sunday, and most were completely ignored. Then the fanbase goes "oh well Ralph/Marv is being smart by not wasting money on players like Archuleta." To me that is complete and total BS, you have to spend money to make money and 9 times out of 10 you have to spend money to have a good product on the field.

TD went out and spent money on players that made the team competitive. Certain areas were neglected, like the o-line, but as little as 2 years ago this team could and should have been a playoff team under his watch.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 05:15 PM
What fan has a mentality for the Bills that they'd rather lose all their games and get the no. 1 pick instead of making the playoffs and losing in the first round?? I dont know of any on here.

And you're sure Philly beats the Sabres? BAsed on what? We're 3-1 against Philly and they can't skate with us.

You haven't been here long enough to see the posts about losing games so we can get a better draft pick. There was even a whiners thread started about how the Bengals game this year cost us a better draft pick.

Im not sure if the Flyers can beat the Sabres. I hope they don't. But this is Buffalo so I expect the worse.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 05:20 PM
BTW, when we're the team that has the MOST cap room remaining, yes we're being cheap..

Rome wasn't built in a day. Add some free agents this year, draft well, add some more free agents next year, draft well, and the Bills should be right back into the mix of things.

That's if Losman or his replacement works out. Since QB is a critical position.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 05:26 PM
And since Ralph is so cheap and doesn't have the money to play with the big boys. Maybe he should raise all ticket prices $30 so he can go out and get these big name players the fans want.

And don't complain about ticket prices going up. Because that would make the fans cheap. It's only $30 a game. Were not talking million's here like Ralph has to spend.

Ahh but then Ralph would be a bad owner and wouldn't care about the fans if he did that.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2006, 06:24 PM
You roll your eyes, but what's your point?

You said Ralph should of cared back when Kay was coach to get a good GM. He did get a good GM and you roll your eyes at it.

yeah....AFTER the back to back 2-14 seasons.

i roll my eyes because you act like we should put the Old Fart on a pedestal or something.before polian,levy,and butler came along,the Buffalo Bills were the Siberia of the NFL.other than the Electric Company with The Juice and the brief success with chuck knox here,name a time where buffalo football was the hottest ticket in town.the 60's????yeah...a lot of remember the good ol' AFL days. :rolleyes: