PDA

View Full Version : Back to Football: Nall is a cocky SOB

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Bills | Nall thinks he can win the starting job
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 07:33:02 -0700
Scott Pitoniak, of the Democrat and Chronicle, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills QB Craig Nall (http://www.kffl.com/player/5701/nfl) thinks he can win the team's starting quarterback position. Nall was asked how confident he is of winning the job. "Very confident," he said. "I don't think I could be here if I wasn't. I really needed a chance to have someone believe that I can do the job." Nall comes to town on almost even terms with his two rivals, QBs J.P. Losman (http://www.kffl.com/player/9412/nfl) and Kelly Holcomb (http://www.kffl.com/player/462/nfl). All three will have to familiarize themselves with a new offense and a new coaching staff.

Not that he shouldnt be confident.. I'd hate to have a QB that thinks he sucks.. But I dunno man.. I dont want POSSIBLY the future of this franchise now in the hands of someone named Craig Nall.

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Say what? You don't want the future to be in the hands of Nall? Why? What if he comes out with an arm good enough, but outstanding leadership and decision making? I don't care if his name is Assclown McGee if the guy can lead us to wins.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 02:04 PM
If he's the best man then he deserves to start.

I'm telling you this now.. Nall starts, and say worst-case he's brutal and yanked by week four, this team is going to be in SORRY shape.. and i'm not talking wins and losses, I'm talking the BOX office.

Billsrock4life
04-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Say what? You don't want the future to be in the hands of Nall? Why? What if he comes out with an arm good enough, but outstanding leadership and decision making? I don't care if his name is Assclown McGee if the guy can lead us to wins.

exactly who gives a hoot what the guys name is if he can win games then hes a keeper

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
exactly who gives a hoot what the guys name is if he can win games then hes a keeper

Your right, but your not hearing what Im telling you. fans aren't going to go through ANOTHER garbage QB leading this team, if he doesnt work out.. He's not someone hyped with potential or a proven track record.

If he starts I hope he goes 16-0 and throws 50 TD's.. WHat im saying is if he's named starter and he's a disaster, this team is going to feel more than just in wins and losses.

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Pat, who says he will be garbage? Whomever starts is going to struggle with this OL in front of him. We are going to have to be patient with whomever is out there.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I didnt say he's garbage.. I said if he ends up suckin, the fans are done waiting on another GARBAGE QB..

And NOBODY not even the great Marv can project a guy with 33 passes in this league to be a star.. and MOST fans will have a lot less patience with someone like craig nall before they start asking if Marv is senile.

Jan Reimers
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Jim Kelly was - and is - a cocky SOB, too. That's the GOOD news. The bad news is I don't think Nall will play like Kelly.

Don't Panic
04-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Nall's chance will come later. Management has to legitimately give JP a chance before they can justify ditching him if he fails. The fans won't have it any other way. Nall will be there to offer us hope if JP can't get it done... more hope than Holcomb does/did (and I still honestly think that Holcomb is either not on this team or comfortably holding a clipboard by week one). The first half of the season is JP's. Marv knows that's the only logical thing to do. If he falters, at least he was given the chance.

YardRat
04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
If he's the best man then he deserves to start.

I'm telling you this now.. Nall starts, and say worst-case he's brutal and yanked by week four, this team is going to be in SORRY shape.. and i'm not talking wins and losses, I'm talking the BOX office.

They may be in sorry shape regardless of who the QB is or what their record is. Five home games in November and December. Even in play off years Buffalo struggles to sell out winter home games.

Night Train
04-08-2006, 02:54 PM
OK.

It's day 2 of the first mini camp, without pads. Nall is now our QB.

Oh look ! Mushrooms !

OpIv37
04-08-2006, 03:10 PM
I don't blame him for having confidence. We know what we have in Holcomb- consistent mediocrity. He's a caretaker QB who does well in a back-up role to hold the team together for a few games, but doesn't have the arm strength or the ability to take over a game that an NFL QB needs.

And so far, JP is just potential.

I don't think it's likely that he's going to win the starting job, but it wouldn't exactly shock me if he did.

Also, you always have to take these comments with a grain of salt. What's he going to say? "Well Holcomb and Losman are both better than I am. I intend to ride the pine. Bills fans should know that if they ever see me behind center, we're absolutely ****ed".

I doubt it.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Bills | Nall thinks he can win the starting job
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 07:33:02 -0700
Scott Pitoniak, of the Democrat and Chronicle, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl">Buffalo Bills QB Craig Nall (http://www.kffl.com/player/5701/nfl) thinks he can win the team's starting quarterback position. Nall was asked how confident he is of winning the job. "Very confident," he said. "I don't think I could be here if I wasn't. I really needed a chance to have someone believe that I can do the job." Nall comes to town on almost even terms with his two rivals, QBs J.P. Losman (http://www.kffl.com/player/9412/nfl) and Kelly Holcomb (http://www.kffl.com/player/462/nfl). All three will have to familiarize themselves with a new offense and a new coaching staff.

Not that he shouldnt be confident.. I'd hate to have a QB that thinks he sucks.. But I dunno man.. I dont want POSSIBLY the future of this franchise now in the hands of someone named Craig Nall.

I made it pretty clear in my post he SHOULD have confidence.

That's STILL not the point of the thread to begin with.. The point is if this team's record SUCKS with Craig Nall as the quarterback ,you're going to see a drop in ticket purchases, mark my words.

RedEyE
04-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Trust me, you want a QB with confidence and simple cockiness running your offense.

I wonder how this effects Losman's psyche though. Here's a guy that was brought in to compete for his job, graduated from a rival college team, and has the audacity to openly announce that getting the starting position shouldn't be that difficult.

I hope it gets Losman mad.

SabreEleven
04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I don't care if his name is Assclown McGee

:mad:

RedEyE
04-08-2006, 04:07 PM
:mad:

:lolpoint: :mad:

TigerJ
04-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I can just hear Chris Berman if Nall plays poorly. "Craig Nall and Void"

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 05:52 PM

That's STILL not the point of the thread to begin with.. The point is if this team's record SUCKS with Craig Nall as the quarterback ,you're going to see a drop in ticket purchases, mark my words.

Pat, this team is going to go anywhere between 7=9 to 9-7 if they play well together. That said tickets may drop, it was to be expected this year. We have known this is a two offseason building process.

The problem now is ol ralphie just shot us getting some quality high end FA's next year. He can't afford the bonuses, nor do they want to play for such a mess.

YardRat
04-08-2006, 05:53 PM

No,the point is: if this team's record sucks it doesn't matter who the QB is, attendance and ticket purchases will be down the last part of the season.

Unless, of course, you're implying that ticket purchases will remain stable or increase if Holcomb or JP are the QB and the record sucks.

acehole
04-08-2006, 07:34 PM
The problem is what if he's good?

Then JP rots for 2-3 years.... ?

I can see why some (if not admitting it) would say holcomb backs up Nall
...we get somthing for JP and take a flyer on a mid rounder?

I like JP but I would not be upset if it happened.

We will trade down with philly, denver or ravens...and have ton of pick....we can afford to draft a qb.......

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-08-2006, 07:58 PM
I like th thought of trading down more and more and getting a lot of picks, there are some real quality linemen in this draft especially on the offensive side so lets get as many of them as we can throw JP in there and hope for the best.

madness
04-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Nall is NOT unproven. in fact, he may be more proven than both J.P. and Holcomb. Nfl Europe may not be up to the standards of the NFL but Nall led the league over there. He's not just some scrub brought in by Marv to push JP.

Kerr
04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Nall is going to fall flat on this face if he keeps dreaming he's going to steal the job from jp. :coocoo:

slakjaw157
04-08-2006, 08:35 PM
What's he going to say? "Well Holcomb and Losman are both better than I am. I intend to ride the pine. Bills fans should know that if they ever see me behind center, we're absolutely ****ed".

I doubt it.

:roflmao:

Good one

billsaretrash
04-08-2006, 08:58 PM
Pat, this team is going to go anywhere between 7=9 to 9-7 if they play well together. That said tickets may drop, it was to be expected this year. We have known this is a two offseason building process.

The problem now is ol ralphie just shot us getting some quality high end FA's next year. He can't afford the bonuses, nor do they want to play for such a mess.

keep dreaming lolol 9-7 lolol

heres wat

vs fins = 2 losses
vs pats= 2 losses
vs jets= 2 loss or 1v1

so thats an auto lets say 6 losses

so u got 10 games left

now you got the worst team in the afc east you dont have a qb
you have nobody on defense what you got fletcher,vincent,milloy maybe and spikes

clements doesnt want to play for a cheap ass owner

see dolphins will take him but your asking to much for him he got schooled by chambers

fins kill bills sea vs land

alohabillsfan
04-09-2006, 06:23 AM

I care dam it! I don't have a Nall Jersey I have a JP one so how is that for justification!!!!

YardRat
04-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I care dam it! I don't have a Nall Jersey I have a JP one so how is that for justification!!!!

That's why they brought Nall in...to create more revenue by selling new jerseys.

Johnson and Flutie stuck around until every fan in WNY had at least one or the other, then they were ditched.

Bledsoe was brought in until his sold out, then he was released.

Holcomb's jersey never generated any excitement among the fans, and JP's isn't made well enough to hold up for the long haul. Less people are buying it.

It's pretty obvious to me the Bill's QB situation has nothing to do with ability, but rather replica jersey sales.

don137
04-09-2006, 08:39 AM
The thing about Nall that has me wonder about his ability is the Packers drafting Rodgers. If they thought Nall was good enough to be Farve's replacement they would not of drafted Rodgers.

djjimkelly
04-09-2006, 10:00 AM
lets hope vincent breaks nalls back!!!

ublinkwescore
04-09-2006, 11:45 PM
You mean you hope Vincent breaks Holcombe's back.

jmb1099
04-09-2006, 11:58 PM
http://www.nfleurope.com/records/individual/fumbles

Hey, check out the fumble records, recognize anyone?

jmb1099
04-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Click on the int records and that same name will pop up again...

more cowbell
04-10-2006, 06:50 AM
you think if holcomb is starting and this team sucks at the end of the year ticket prices won't decrease? it doesnt matter who is playing quarterback if this team sucks by week 10 no one is going to go to the games.

more cowbell
04-10-2006, 06:54 AM
oh boy everyone listen to billsaretrash (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=6274) he must know what he means. i mean what we got? vincent? and according to him clements dont wanna play for a cheap ass owner. He must have talked to nate personally when they must have been hanging out last week, because ive never heard clements say that in my life. billsaretrash (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=6274) is obviously some 16 year old kid who knows nothing about the nfl, doesnt live even in the state of florida, and likes the dolphins because everyone is starting to like them now because of cullpepper.

bills are trash i challenge you to a fight for being a complete a$$hole