PDA

View Full Version : "Major League" plot?

Mr. Cynical
04-08-2006, 03:41 PM
If any of you have seen that old baseball movie "Major League" (1989) you may recall the plot - the woman owner wants to move the team so she tries to field the worst team in the league.

I'm not saying that is what Ralph's doing, but the conspiracy theory folks should have a field day with this one. :;

socalfan
04-08-2006, 03:52 PM
If any of you have seen that old baseball movie "Major League" (1989) you may recall the plot - the woman owner wants to move the team so she tries to field the worst team in the league.

I'm not saying that is what Ralph's doing, but the conspiracy theory folks should have a field day with this one. :;

I loved that movie....especially when the team wins the pennant! Don't think this is going to happen to the Bills though.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 03:53 PM
If we sign Willie Mays Hays then we are in BIG trouble..

Jan Reimers
04-08-2006, 04:08 PM
Naw, that babe who owned the Indians was much smarter - and better looking - than Ralph.

patmoran2006
04-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I hope they dont put a naked pic of Ralph in the locker room with only tape to cover him.

Jan Reimers
04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I hope they dont put a naked pic of Ralph in the locker room with only tape to cover him.
Yeah, he might win first prize for best dried arrangement.

PromoTheRobot
04-08-2006, 04:53 PM

There is a conspiracy....by the high-revenue owners to move the Bills to L.A. They don't have to make the team bad, just unsellable to anyone who wants to stay in Buffalo.

PTR

OpIv37
04-08-2006, 05:13 PM
There is a conspiracy....by the high-revenue owners to move the Bills to L.A. They don't have to make the team bad, just unsellable to anyone who wants to stay in Buffalo.

PTR

if that's the case Ralph actually HELPED the conspiracy yesterday by making football in Buffalo unsustainable.

Mr. Cynical
04-08-2006, 06:19 PM

PTR

Interesting thought...and also, if the Bills are sold, they (other owners) don't have to share their revenue with the new owner.

The more I think about it, the more that rule becomes absolutely ridiculous. Ultimately, when every team has switched hands, there will be no more sharing. But in the meantime, the owners who can sustain their teams (and live a long time) will rake in serious $$$$.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Ralph - I want you to sign the players on this list.
Marv - I've never heard of half these guys, Pat Tillman, this guy is dead.
Ralph - Then take him off the list.