• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Eagles want to trade up for Ngata

Why the hell not?

We could move our 8th pick to the Eagles for their 14th and their 3rd rounder.

We then may be able to land Bunkley or Justice at 14, and add aother 3rd to spend on Greg Lee, Pat Watkins types

Eagles | Team trying to trade up in the NFL Draft?
    Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:39:08 -0700
    Mark Eckel, writing for the Sporting News, reports the Philadelphia Eagles appear to be leaning to trading up in the NFL Draft. They currently sit in the No. 14 position. Their target appears to be Oregon DT Haloti Ngata. The 6-4, 340-pound Ngata would give the team a run-stuffing presence in the middle of the defensive line and could be a perfect complement to DT Mike Patterson.

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Eagles want to trade up for Ngata

I'd be surprised if the Bills don't move down in this draft...unless they're really high on a player that is there at #8, they're going to look to get as many day 1 picks as possible IMO.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

I think to trade down 8 spots OUT OF TOP 10 cost more then just their 3rd. I'm all for trading down though but now that we have 10 picks do we really need more?
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Jeff1220
        H to the 12:20
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marv
        I think to trade down 8 spots OUT OF TOP 10 cost more then just their 3rd. I'm all for trading down though but now that we have 10 picks do we really need more?
        If the team doesn't think it can compete with the FAcy market, then the Bills need as many draft picks as they can get. Imagine about 6 first day picks all hitting stride at the same time.

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          If your looking at Buffalo trading down with Philly, and go 100% by the Draft Value Chart "bible"..

THen Philly would give us their first round (14), second round (45) and 4th rounder in exchange for Buffalo's 1st (8) and 2nd third rounder (73).
          Sounds better. Although the 2nd next year is kinda extreme. And maybe the 4th can even be a 3rd nextyear... So their 1st, 2nd and next years 3rd. or this years 5th etc.
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I do this if possible. We could take Bunkley with the Eagles pick, then hopefully tak Eric Winston, Winston Justice, or Marcus Mcneil with our 2nd. Then id like to see us trade a package of later picks to try to get back in the second round and take Bing the safety from USC. IMO that type of draft would help fill a lot of holes.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

hell yeah....we could use the extra picks to move up in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I would pull the trigger on either the Philly or Denver possibilities

both teams want to move up and draft players that are projected to go somewhere between #6 - #12

we need the picks and we'd do ourselves a great service by stocking up on picks in this draft IMO.

we're rebuilding and draft picsk are key, as long as TD isn't making the call

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  I'd be surprised if the Bills don't move down in this draft...unless they're really high on a player that is there at #8, they're going to look to get as many day 1 picks as possible IMO.
                  me2

I'm all for trading down though but now that we have 10 picks do we really need more?
                  if marv is looking at this as a two year process then you could say this is a perfect time to stockpile picks. you have plenty of money and opportunity to infuse the team with talent including several highly drafted rooks, extend your own budding young vets, and still make one or two significant fa moves right up until the season starts

nice flexibility to have and it should accelerate the rebuilding process. all this plus you retain a core of skill players that with a few breaks could still be a division contender
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Oaklandraider
                    Smarter than they think
                    • May 2005

they might trade with the raiders to, but whoever gets him hes a solid player.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Oaklandraider
                      they might trade with the raiders to, but whoever gets him hes a solid player.
                      The Raiders trade wouldcost them more and we all know Al is not going to draft him, it's not a sexy enough pick for the Raiders.

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

The Bills have more holes than a golf course. The more day one picks the better.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

I'd swap first round picks with the Eagles for their 2nd round pick(45)

That would leave us with flexibility in the first day of the draft to fill needs and try and bring in good players.

I want a LT but I think G is more of a immediate need then a LT. Gandy isn't great but he's average. We're in worse shape at Guard and Center then LT. If Fowler pans out then we're ok at Center though.

I'd still take a LT for competition and/or a replacement for Gandy in a year or two though. We need at least 1 guard immediately though. Anderson just flat out sucks and Villarrial isn't anything special and will most likely miss action this season once again.

If we had 6 picks the first day of the draft I'd like to see(in no particular order) a DT, LT, SS, CB and 2 G's. Either that or DT, LT, SS, CB, FS and a G.

If we made a trade like this we could fill all of our immediate holes on the first day. Then just hope they end up being good players. That's the biggest key right there.

Safeties and Guards is our biggest needs right now. We could survive with Gandy for another season until we found a stud. If we can find a stud then go for it. If not then draft one in the middle rounds for depth and hope he turns into a capable player. Guard is definitely a bigger need though. Our Guards are terrible.

Matt Bowen will mostly be a ST's and backup Safety. I also don't think Baker will cut it. How many times has he been burnt in coverage over the last two years to think differently? Vincent is washed up and 35 years old.

We need a first day CB too. I'd like to see one drafted in the 3rd round. Maybe even the 2nd if there is a potential stud there. I don't see Clements signing a long term deal. We could keep him for this season and then franchise him again next season and trade him for something. At worst we could have ourselves a good Nickel Back and somebody who could step in if McGee or Clements went down.

I want Clements back but it doesn't seem as if he wants to be here. If that's the case I don't even care now if we traded him on draft day if somebody offered up a 1st round pick for him. Draft his replacement with it. If nobody offeres a 1st round pick or even a Top 5 2nd round pick then keep him this season and then draft his replacement to groom for a year.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

Originally Posted by patmoran2006
                            "If your looking at Buffalo trading down with Philly, and go 100% by the Draft Value Chart "bible"..

THen Philly would give us their first round (14), second round (45) and 4th rounder in exchange for Buffalo's 1st (8) and 2nd third rounder (73)."

That would be straight up amazing.
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

That would be a great trade for buffalo if went down like that.

Between Bunkley or Justice, one of them SHOULD be in the board (but that is questionable).. If they're both gone; Jimmy Williams or even Chad Jackson could be great picks at 14..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X