PDA

View Full Version : Show me the money!

Mitchy moo
04-08-2006, 09:55 PM
"I believe that Ralph Wilson's intent all along, was to have the stadium named after him. He could turn around and sell the naming rights and get whatever he could for them. A conservatively estimated $2 million rather than gouging the taxpayers of Erie County," said DeBenedetti.

“The Buffalo Bills are giving up this revenue. It's up to them. It's their call," added Dr. Weinstein.

If Wilson were to ask lawmakers for a new stadium, he more than likely would get a major chunk of that money from New York State. A new stadium would mean more luxury boxes, and the Bills wouldn’t have to share that revenue with other teams around the N.F.L.

2 On Your Side’s Stefan Mychajliw: "What would happen potentially, if the Bills did approach lawmakers and said, you know what, maybe we need to look at a new stadium?”

New York State Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno: “I guess you'd have to take a look at what the specifics were. What the amount of money was, what the real need was, what the alternatives were.”

"It would be up to State for them to fund it. It's a state obligation. It's a State concern. It would be a lot of money. What does a new stadium do? It provides the boxes of unshared revenue. It's an expensive way of generating 20, or 50, or 100-million dollars in unshared revenue," added Dr. Weinstein.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=36830

Nighthawk
04-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Very interesting article! Sounds like if the Bills truly wanted to get a new stadium to produce more revenue, that the state would seriously look at it. You have to remember, the money that was going to go to the Jets for their stadium is now being paid by NJ, not NY. There is money to be had...

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 10:06 PM
So like myself and other posters, someone else wants to see proof that ralph is losing money. They also want to know why he isn't willing to get additional monies by selling naming rights etc.

Ralph needs to sell.

ICE74129
04-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Very interesting article! Sounds like if the Bills truly wanted to get a new stadium to produce more revenue, that the state would seriously look at it. You have to remember, the money that was going to go to the Jets for their stadium is now being paid by NJ, not NY. There is money to be had...

Dude, read it again, they aren't giving him anything else at all. Not until he sells naming rights, etc. THEN he has to actually PROVE he is losing money...which he isn't.

Ralph has shot himself in the arse by shooting his mouth off in that PC. He better be ready to back up his claims because I think not only the state and county are going to force him to publicly prove his claims...I feel the NFL will call him on his claims as well. Esp the claim that a new owner wont' get to participate in revenue sharing.

ddaryl
04-08-2006, 10:25 PM
I agree. If the Bills and Ralph Wilson are not willing ot take advantage of all possible revenue streams then the Bills and Ralph will not and can not be taken seriously in regards to lost revenue.

I believe the latest baragining agreement doesn't favor small market teams, but until every team maximizes their bottom line they have little to squak about.

Ralph Wilson Stadium can be no more

YardRat
04-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Two mil's really gonna go a long way in today's free agency market, isn't it? Wow...I can't believe Ralph hasn't jumped at that opportunity.

Nighthawk
04-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Dude, read it again, they aren't giving him anything else at all. Not until he sells naming rights, etc. THEN he has to actually PROVE he is losing money...which he isn't.

Ralph has shot himself in the arse by shooting his mouth off in that PC. He better be ready to back up his claims because I think not only the state and county are going to force him to publicly prove his claims...I feel the NFL will call him on his claims as well. Esp the claim that a new owner wont' get to participate in revenue sharing.

I know. What I meant was that he should be willing to sell the team because a new owner may be able to get a new stadium and increase revenues. The CBA makes this more difficult, but I truly find it hard to believe that it is not something that can be worked out as part of a sale. This isn't with the players, it's with the owners, so I'm sure a vote would approve the sale WITH revenue sharing intact.

Meathead
04-09-2006, 05:41 AM
my title was better

Meathead
04-09-2006, 05:43 AM
i also picked better excerpts nya

YardRat
04-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Has Ralph actually said he's losing money? I missed that part, if he did.