Saban doesn't think Ricky has a drug problem...what?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Saban doesn't think Ricky has a drug problem...what?!?!

Dolphins | Saban doesn't think R. Williams has a drug problem
    Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:30:54 -0700

Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said he does not think RB Ricky Williams has a substance abuse problem. Saban, who will be featured on ESPN's SportsCenter as the Sunday Conversation was asked about how convinced he was Williams was not an abuser. Saban said, "I'm very much convinced of it. I've been with the guy all this time. He's had a significant amount of drug tests. You know, so it depends on how you define that problem. But I'd just like to say we're going to be very supportive of Ricky."

Huh? Doesn't sound like he is too worried about character on that team. I'm interested to see how his teams look in the future. Sounds like the same old Dolphin misfits as in the past. However, I still understand that those misfits probably will kick our "character" guy's a$$es!
  • J TES
    • Apr 2005

Re: Saban doesn't think Ricky has a drug problem...what?!?!

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Dolphins | Saban doesn't think R. Williams has a drug problem
    Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:30:54 -0700

Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said he does not think RB Ricky Williams has a substance abuse problem. Saban, who will be featured on ESPN's SportsCenter as the Sunday Conversation was asked about how convinced he was Williams was not an abuser. Saban said, "I'm very much convinced of it. I've been with the guy all this time. He's had a significant amount of drug tests. You know, so it depends on how you define that problem. But I'd just like to say we're going to be very supportive of Ricky."

Huh? Doesn't sound like he is too worried about character on that team. I'm interested to see how his teams look in the future. Sounds like the same old Dolphin misfits as in the past. However, I still understand that those misfits probably will kick our "character" guy's a$$es!
    What dont you understand??? Saban is sayin since he's been in Miami he hasnt witnessed any failed drug tests, or odd behavior by Ricky. Ricky's issues are prior to Saban arriving in South Florida. Also Ricky's appeal (which he'll win) is on Monday. Buffalo's "character guys". HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
      • Mar 2004

Re: Saban doesn't think Ricky has a drug problem...what?!?!

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      Sounds like the same old Dolphin misfits as in the past. However, I still understand that those misfits probably will kick our "character" guy's a$$es!
      Give me a break. Maybe I'm reading into something a bit much (a message board rarity,) but it seems like the new adjective for no name free agents are "character" players. Tripplet was a huge signing, believe me, I'd like to have him on the team, your other pickups haven't been flashy but they could still be solid contributors, but what makes them "character" players? I guess they didn't pull a Ricky and go off to Australia and smoke the ganja, but when they pick fights, the spin is that "their intense, they got the fire!" Some of you posters really need to get off your high horses and examine that glass house of yours.

The main point that I took from that little bit, was that since Williams has been back with the team he's been the hardest worker (which is ironic since he was the biggest quitter before,) and has went through MANY tests, passing them until now (which is leaning towards a holistic herb that can mimic other things.) If he fails it will be unfortunate for him his family and the team/fans, but like the other time we will move on, but we're better prepared than we were before, so don't worry too much. To get a better, well rounded look at the situation, read the article from which the quote is from:
      WILLIAMS APPEAL

Comment

Working...
      X