X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Former Bills Players Confident the Team Will Stay WNY

Buffalo Bills players from the team's Super Bowl years are confident the football team will stay in Western New York, but they share Owner Ralph Wilson's concerns about this region's ability to keep its team. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Former Bills Players Confident the Team Will Stay WNY

Originally posted by The_Philster
    Buffalo Bills players from the team's Super Bowl years are confident the football team will stay in Western New York, but they share Owner Ralph Wilson's concerns about this region's ability to keep its team. more
    I'm telling you right now, if it truly came to the Bills leaving this area...somebody would step up to keep them here. They're too important to the area to let them walk.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Former Quarterback Jim Kelly says he has spoken to ex-congressman and ex-Bill Jack Kemp about stepping forward to help keep the team in Town.
      Kemp should have an interest in doing so. Wonder if Kelly's in a position where HE could buy the team if need be?

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
        Kemp should have an interest in doing so. Wonder if Kelly's in a position where HE could buy the team if need be?
        Would love to see Kelly as an owner, however, I don't think he has the funds to do it. However, I can definitely see him being part of an owner group that buys the team.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
          I totally forgot about Kemp. That would be another powerful guy to help keep the Bills here. He's in the government and has ties to the team.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Bottom line, ralph is going to have to sell to keep the Bills here

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              Bottom line, ralph is going to have to sell to keep the Bills here
              but that new revenue sharing rule needs to be taken out of the new CBA before it gets finalized.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                but that new revenue sharing rule needs to be taken out of the new CBA before it gets finalized.
                don't confuse him with the facts...his blind hatred won't let him see that
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

don't confuse him with the facts...his blind hatred won't let him see that
                  CBA, no CBA he needs to sell. And AGAIN I ask....show me where the CBA says a new owner doesnt' get to participate in the revenue sharing.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    CBA, no CBA he needs to sell. And AGAIN I ask....show me where the CBA says a new owner doesnt' get to participate in the revenue sharing.
                    I haven't seen the CBA..have you? Do you know anyone who has? Ralph has seen it and he's called everyone's attention to it. Find me someone who's seen it and can say it isn't in there...PFW is about as reputable a source as the Enquirer

Comment

• socalfan
                      Old Fogey from Cali
                      • Feb 2003

I haven't seen the CBA..have you? Do you know anyone who has? Ralph has seen it and he's called everyone's attention to it. Find me someone who's seen it and can say it isn't in there...PFW is about as reputable a source as the Enquirer

The qualifiers are part of the revenue sharing plan....which is not part of the agreement between the players and league. The revenue sharing plan and qualifiers is the tool used to get the 30-2 vote because 30 teams thought they were going to get some support from the higher revenue teams....which now is starting to look more and more like a bait and switch.......I can almost hear the high rev teams say oh, sure we will share revenues....oh and by the way did you read the fine print about the use of qualifiers???

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by socalfan
                        The qualifiers are part of the revenue sharing plan....which is not part of the agreement between the players and league. The revenue sharing plan and qualifiers is the tool used to get the 30-2 vote because 30 teams thought they were going to get some support from the higher revenue teams....which now is starting to look more and more like a bait and switch.......I can almost hear the high rev teams say oh, sure we will share revenues....oh and by the way did you read the fine print about the use of qualifiers???
                        I believe I read/heard the same things you just pointed out with regard to the qualifiers.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading/hearing that in order to qualify for revenue sharing, teams had to bring in X amount of corporate deals, X amount of the stadium filled, X amount of revenue generated from games... amongst a slew of other things.

It more or less points out in fine print what Ralph is *****ing about. It's very easy for the high profit teams to get their hand in the jar, but virtually impossible for the little guys.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Just because 1 out of 32 people interpret the CBA one way doesn't mean it's necessarily so either. Ralph is in the minority on this, we'll go with Shumers' numbers that they are 10-11 small market teams in the league. That means 9-10% of the market place sees it that way. Like I've said before, I'm sure the NFL doesn't want to squeeze all the small market owners out of its' league. Especially cities that sell out games even if the product is complete garbage on the field. Not to mention I'm sure there isn't 10-11 BIG market places that want a team that don't already have one. And you know the players won't go for just contracting these teams at some point, because it makes some of their brethern lose jobs.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            I believe I read/heard the same things you just pointed out with regard to the qualifiers.

I could be wrong, but I remember reading/hearing that in order to qualify for revenue sharing, teams had to bring in X amount of corporate deals, X amount of the stadium filled, X amount of revenue generated from games... amongst a slew of other things.

It more or less points out in fine print what Ralph is *****ing about. It's very easy for the high profit teams to get their hand in the jar, but virtually impossible for the little guys.
                            and that's why you shouldn't be surprised if Ralph's "*****ing" is just the start of it. I think that some of the 5-10 teams that jumped sides because they were deceived will start to open up their mouths soon, especially now that Ralph got the big boys onboard.

Wait until Hillary gets ahold of this.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Ralph's the only one who's said anything about it...doesn't mean he's the only one who sees it

Comment

Working...
                              X