PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line from Jauron

Ickybaluky
04-09-2006, 09:03 AM
This quote from Dick Jauron (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/04/09/an_appeal_process/) says it all:

"The one that confronts us right away and almost on a daily basis is the quarterback issue. To be successful, we've got to solve that. We've got to find a quarterback who will perform at a high level, make plays, and lead the team. I'm pretty certain that without that guy, you don't win a lot of games in our league. That's the No. 1 challenge for us. With the three guys we have, we're hoping that competition elevates all their play and somebody takes off, somebody in those three."

He's right. Despite all the grinding of teeth about needs at other positions, the Bills need to solve their QB situation first and foremost.

ICE74129
04-09-2006, 10:10 AM
Fix the lines or the guy behind center is screwed.

YardRat
04-09-2006, 10:16 AM
I think the lines are just as large a priority as the QB issue.

ICE74129
04-09-2006, 10:21 AM
I think the lines are just as large a priority as the QB issue.

moreso. We have seen Great lines make an average QB look great. Great QB's get their careers ruined behind bad lines.

ParanoidAndroid
04-09-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't think Jauron will say that the O-line is not high on the list. I think his point is that the team needs to find their guy and stick with him. I believe that that is going to be more of a challenge than finding some linemen to protect whoever that is.

TigerJ
04-09-2006, 01:30 PM
There's nothing that says they can't work on both issues concurrently.

Drive 4 Five
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
So what the hell is Kelly Holcomb still doing here? Because honestly, if Losman or Nall cannot, win the job from this guy this team is F%#@%D!!!

Quincy Carter has more upside than Holcomb. WTF. And he is now playing in Canada. I'd have sent Holcomb packing the very second the season ended.

Mr. Cynical
04-09-2006, 10:38 PM
He's right. Despite all the grinding of teeth about needs at other positions, the Bills need to solve their QB situation first and foremost.

Completely disagree. It doesn't matter who you have at QB when your oline can't block a balloon. You could have the next coming of Montana combined with Marino and Elway and if there's no time to throw, you don't win games.

Besides, you don't need a HoF QB to win the big one. There are plenty of examples such as Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien and Brad Johnson, to name a few. No one is going to confuse them with Montana or Elway.

First and foremost, fix the backbone of the offense - the oline.

ddaryl
04-10-2006, 01:46 AM
We need ot fix the OL 1st so that any of our 3 QB's has a shance to succeed. Until we do that we can put Joe Montana in his prime behind center and still lose 12 a year.

As far as I'm concerned fix the OL this year, test our QB's and determine if we need a new QB for the 2007 season.

mybills
04-10-2006, 06:41 AM
I think the lines are more important for three reasons.

1. We have WM.
2. Any of those 3 QB's can dump it off to him.
3. ICE is correct..We have seen Great lines make an average QB look great. Great QB's get their careers ruined behind bad lines. with Bledsoe being the exception for the latter. :snicker: