X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Kelly says "Not on his Watch"

Buffalo, New York - Former Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly says the team will not be leaving -- at least not on his watch.

Kelly and others with ties to the Bills talked about the team's situation at the Adam's Mark Hotel in Buffalo, at the "Athletes in Action" breakfast.

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kelly says "Not on his Watch"

Ok so then why did ralph call the PC and *****, Whine and say they can't survive?

Some will say this and that isn't settled in the CBA. Well then here is what Ralph should have done. He should have called a meeting of the 10 lowest income owners. That is 11 total or more than 1/3 of the teams in the NFL. Try to get all of them he could on board with contesting the CBA and doing something about it.

Then as a GROUP Address this issue in the press. that would have been the smart, logical and best way to handle it. Right now all Ralph Wilson did was HURT thier position.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
      Ok so then why did ralph call the PC and *****, Whine and say they can't survive?

Some will say this and that isn't settled in the CBA. Well then here is what Ralph should have done. He should have called a meeting of the 10 lowest income owners. That is 11 total or more than 1/3 of the teams in the NFL. Try to get all of them he could on board with contesting the CBA and doing something about it.

Then as a GROUP Address this issue in the press. that would have been the smart, logical and best way to handle it. Right now all Ralph Wilson did was HURT thier position.
      I think Mikey nailed it with this post
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

This is great to see people like Jim and Jack Kemp already answering the call to arms. I want to jump for joy right now!
        This is the best news I've heard in a long time!
        I'm not going to read anymore because I know someone is going to be a pill and kill my buzz.
        Now if we could get an equal response to some of the other negative economic issues facing WNY, we could get a movement started.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
          I think Mikey nailed it with this post
          http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...0&postcount=25
          Again I ask, It has been about 4 weeks or so since the CBA signing. Why hasn't he got with other low end owners, Put together a plan then as a GROUP addressed this in the media.

Sorry phil all Ralph did was make an arse of himself and hurt his cause. Had he got at least 3-4 other owners on board and THEY, not just his old butt, addressed this jointly, it would have been very powerful and been much better recieved.

Just like with Moulds, there is a right way, then a wrong way. Moulds and Ralph both did it the wrong way.

Tell me this honestly Phil, had the Bills, Bengals, Jags and say 2 other teams all put on thier websites that there would be a group owners meeting with the press over the CBA etc, then you see 5 other owners up there with Ralph at say NYC or somewhere addressing this issue, that Ralph would have caught no crap at all. None of the owners would. It would have been much better recieved, more powerful and held more weight.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Again I ask, It has been about 4 weeks or so since the CBA signing. Why hasn't he got with other low end owners, Put together a plan then as a GROUP addressed this in the media.

Sorry phil all Ralph did was make an arse of himself and hurt his cause. Had he got at least 3-4 other owners on board and THEY, not just his old butt, addressed this jointly, it would have been very powerful and been much better recieved.

Just like with Moulds, there is a right way, then a wrong way. Moulds and Ralph both did it the wrong way.

Tell me this honestly Phil, had the Bills, Bengals, Jags and say 2 other teams all put on thier websites that there would be a group owners meeting with the press over the CBA etc, then you see 5 other owners up there with Ralph at say NYC or somewhere addressing this issue, that Ralph would have caught no crap at all. None of the owners would. It would have been much better recieved, more powerful and held more weight.
            Okay... I couldn't stay away, and read more....
            Hindsight.....shoulda... coulda... woulda... what if...?
            I think you may just see more getting behind Ralph. You might recall that the last meeting was rushed and league officials/owners were anxious to get the FA process going. Ralph has always been more vocal than most other owners. This is par for the course. He's been a focal point of this discussion due to his comments immediately following the meetings and being 1 of 2 dissenting votes. So, he gets interviewed about it and answers calls to give press conferences, gets it off his chest, and tells it like it is. There is time to get it resolved. It won't take a single meeting. It will take continuing communication between owners over the course of this year and you will likely see some changes proposed by others besides Ralph. I don't think Ralph made an arse out of himself. He got the fans and some politicians and VIP's behind him which will only help his cause.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

someone had to make the first move...the only people giving Ralph crap about this from what I've seen are those who claim that PFW is actually a reputable source.
              Ralph's been called "The conscience of the NFL" for many years...at least since the Cleveland debacle...I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his track record.
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

I think we should try to remember this... though Ralph was spot on with 95% of his comments, at the end of the day it's the very owners he threw under the bus and lashed out at that have all the power to get the deal through.

They did it the first time, how else do you think it passed?

You think Jerry Jones or Snyder or these other high priced *******s who are all in favor of the deal are going to give a crap what Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp say with regards to one team?

I pray to god that Ralph's *****fest corrects all the wrongs currently being done with this deal... but keep in mind that at this point, his enemies have the majority of the power in this case, while guys like us and Jim Kelly are basically cheerleaders at this point.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

It's been widely reported, prior to Ralph speaking, that the language of the CBA was such a mess that League officials couldn't even explain it to various team officials.

Bills Tresurer Jeff Littman called for some varification of several entries and couldn't get any answers.

Time to sue.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                    This is great to see people like Jim and Jack Kemp already answering the call to arms. I want to jump for joy right now!
                    This is the best news I've heard in a long time!
                    I'm not going to read anymore because I know someone is going to be a pill and kill my buzz.
                    Now if we could get an equal response to some of the other negative economic issues facing WNY, we could get a movement started.
                    yeah it definetly is mayby now i can sleep lightly

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

someone had to make the first move...the only people giving Ralph crap about this from what I've seen are those who claim that PFW is actually a reputable source.
                      Ralph's been called "The conscience of the NFL" for many years...at least since the Cleveland debacle...I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his track record.
                      You guys just aren't going to get it are you? Call other owners, get them with and behind you THEN AS A GROUP address the issue. Going out on his own is a joke.

If you guys would quit kissing ralphs butt, you would see he did it the wrong way. Not only that, he may be wrong on several counts, we dont know yet. WAY too early to be chicken little and scream the sky is falling.

"The conscience of the NFL"? That's a joke

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Why do you say it's way too early? How soon are the owners going to meet to sign off on everything? Do you know for a fact that there's a lot of time left?

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Why do you say it's way too early? How soon are the owners going to meet to sign off on everything? Do you know for a fact that there's a lot of time left?

I know for a fact nothing is being done yet. When is the next owners meeting? July? Phil, ralph is wrong. He was wrong to do it the way he did, he is wrong to cry chicken little without knowing the CBA, he went about it the wrong way.

There is a right way and a wrong way and Ralph wilson whining like an old woman while OTR in the press is the WRONG WAY. Get support THEN Address the media.

Had he got with other owners, All of them with thier advisors and attorney's and someone from the NFL and the NFLPA involved, sat down and read this thing and came to some understanding of it....THEN as a GROUP addressed it in the media, I would have no issue with it.

But as usual, ralph is going to piss off other owners, possibly kill support from owners he would have had because they dont' want to look like morons too.

Way to go ralph! And you can't understand why canton isn't calling?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Philster, you and Ice are both right here....

We don't know how much time is left til the CBA is "signed, sealed and delivered." Ralph coming out to say things against is a wise choice BUT instead of him doing it individually, it would have been more wise to pool some of the owners together to come out collectively and say the same things. It's more well received, believable and doesn't come out just as a ***** and whinefest.

And no, I'm not saying if Ralph is right or wrong. Thing is, we just don't know. It worries me though that he's the only one openly complaining about the new CBA though.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

I know for a fact nothing is being done yet. When is the next owners meeting? July?
                              Oh...duhhh...they can't call the owners together to sign off on it before that...my bad

Comment

Working...
                              X