• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Can anyone blame clements?

Here is nate clements. About 5 years in the league, highly regarded with teams. Best football in front of him. You see the mess this team has been from day one since you were TD's first draft pick. You have paid your dues and your next contract WILL be your biggest.

You then see your old owner, pull what he pulled this last week. Speaking doom and gloom about the team. Hell you sign a 6 year deal you might be spending 3-4 of it in some other city!

Sorry, I can't blame him for not wanting to sign long term. If I were his agent I would ask to talk with Marv, Tom and DJ. I would let them know my guy just doesn't want to be here esp with everything going on. He wants STABILITY. He also wants to be paid a fair contract and it is more and more apperant he won't get it from Ralph Wilson.

If I am the Bills I give him permission to seek a trade before this draft. No less than a top 10 2nd rounder ( a first of any number is prefered) and a lower pick added will be needed to trade him and it has to be in THIS Draft.

I make the trade. I take the guy I have worked out in Huff with #8 to replace him at corner. Hey, if there was any year to bring in rookies and let them start....THIS Is it. With my high 2nd I take a tackle, with #8 in the 2nd I take DT.

With that we have saved money, and upgraded this team.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Can anyone blame clements?

isn't the reason he's holding out is because he wants a long term deal and not a 1 year franchise tender?

correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
      isn't the reason he's holding out is because he wants a long term deal and not a 1 year franchise tender?

correct me if i'm wrong.
      Maybe. But he says he wants to be one of the highest paid CB's in the NFL and wont' budge till he gets it.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I can always blame somebody for not showing up for work when they're under contract.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          Maybe. But he says he wants to be one of the highest paid CB's in the NFL and wont' budge till he gets it.
          and you know this because?
          Originally posted by Yardrat
          I can always blame somebody for not showing up for work when they're under contract.
          ditto..but Clements isn't under contract
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

I would not read anything in to him not being there.....

He doent have a contract.....IE S mcnair....

If he gets hurt.....he is done without the $$.

I would not go either...
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

And if he had been playing like it the past few years I would be all for dumping a huge contract on his lap.

Point is, he hasn't played well. And he's had a pretty good defense around him to absolutely tear up teams and stat sheets. There are other corners on worse teams that have played better than him the past few seasons.

I have a big problem with guys holding out on terms like this... I don't care if it's Nate Clements or the 3rd string water boy. They gave him a franchise tag, to me that is a contract to get your ass in camp and prove why you deserve a huge deal... play well and be rewarded. Pissing and moaning like a little girl who didn't get a barbie doll doesn't make you or your cause look all the well. Esp when there are new coaches trying to put in a new system.

Guys, this is a light camp... it's not like he's going out in full pads getting hit every play.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Two things about this.....

A. He hasn't signed his franchise tender so he's under NO obligation to attend Buffalo Bills run events/training/etc....

B. This was a voluntary camp, so even if he was under contract, he wasn't obligated to show up anyways.

The reason he hasn't signed the franchise tender is because Marv could be working out a long term deal with him. Or he's working on a trade with other clubs. Doesn't necessarily indicate that Nate has no desire to play here ever again.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                  Two things about this.....

A. He hasn't signed his franchise tender so he's under NO obligation to attend Buffalo Bills run events/training/etc....

B. This was a voluntary camp, so even if he was under contract, he wasn't obligated to show up anyways.

The reason he hasn't signed the franchise tender is because Marv could be working out a long term deal with him. Or he's working on a trade with other clubs. Doesn't necessarily indicate that Nate has no desire to play here ever again.
                  Well if they're working towards a long term deal he should have nothing to worry about. At least show up and go through the walk-throughs, study the new system, do something other than sit on your ipod and cry like a *****.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Well if they're working towards a long term deal he should have nothing to worry about. At least show up and go through the walk-throughs, study the new system, do something other than sit on your ipod and cry like a *****.
                    How do we know he's not studying the new system on his own? All we know for sure is that he's skipped this minicamp...says nothing about offseason workouts or anything else
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      Uh he isn't under contract

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        and you know this because?
                        ditto..but Clements isn't under contract
                        Because he has said so.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

And if he had been playing like it the past few years I would be all for dumping a huge contract on his lap.

Point is, he hasn't played well. And he's had a pretty good defense around him to absolutely tear up teams and stat sheets. There are other corners on worse teams that have played better than him the past few seasons.

I have a big problem with guys holding out on terms like this... I don't care if it's Nate Clements or the 3rd string water boy. They gave him a franchise tag, to me that is a contract to get your ass in camp and prove why you deserve a huge deal... play well and be rewarded. Pissing and moaning like a little girl who didn't get a barbie doll doesn't make you or your cause look all the well. Esp when there are new coaches trying to put in a new system.

I wouldn't. NO CB is worth QB money.

Guys, this is a light camp... it's not like he's going out in full pads getting hit every play.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Because he has said so.
                            months ago..anything of late?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

Here is nate clements. About 5 years in the league, highly regarded with teams. Best football in front of him. You see the mess this team has been from day one since you were TD's first draft pick. You have paid your dues and your next contract WILL be your biggest.

You then see your old owner, pull what he pulled this last week. Speaking doom and gloom about the team. Hell you sign a 6 year deal you might be spending 3-4 of it in some other city!

Sorry, I can't blame him for not wanting to sign long term. If I were his agent I would ask to talk with Marv, Tom and DJ. I would let them know my guy just doesn't want to be here esp with everything going on. He wants STABILITY. He also wants to be paid a fair contract and it is more and more apperant he won't get it from Ralph Wilson.

If I am the Bills I give him permission to seek a trade before this draft. No less than a top 10 2nd rounder ( a first of any number is prefered) and a lower pick added will be needed to trade him and it has to be in THIS Draft.

I make the trade. I take the guy I have worked out in Huff with #8 to replace him at corner. Hey, if there was any year to bring in rookies and let them start....THIS Is it. With my high 2nd I take a tackle, with #8 in the 2nd I take DT.

With that we have saved money, and upgraded this team.
                              You cant blame him? Pass me the bong please. He wants to be paid big bucks, and he got torn up by almost everyone last year. Maybe you dont remember Chris Chambers setting a record against him. Shut down corner my ass. Top five corner my ass. Top ten, maybe. Hes made the Pro Bowl once and thats only bc he was an alternate and somebody got hurt. The reason why he was even in the position to get to the pro bowl that year is thanks to a great special teams unit that would have made Martha Stewart look like a stud returning punts. He had a few picks that year, at least a third of them against the dolphins, however his open field tackles sucked. IMO he is not worth the money he wants. Also, Philster is right. He is holding out bc he wants a long term contract so your post is a contradiction of itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X