PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the current matchups for the playoffs

Bill Brasky
04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Sabres might not be in bad shape.

The Canadiens are red hot right now and have played very well against Ottawa this year... could give them a run for their money esp if Hasek comes out flat. That would be a HUGE plus for the Sabres if they get into the second round.

I'd much rather face Montreal coming out of a tough series with the Sens, and this coming week with back-to-back matchups should give us a good indicator of how well they are going to be going into the playoffs. Right now, I think we've split the season with them 3-3.

Likewise, Carolina has not played well against Tampa Bay, esp as of late. In fact, Carolina has only beaten Tampa 2 times this season.

And we all know how the Sabres have played the Flyers, with the exception of the other night.

Things might not be so bad going into the playoffs as one might think :dance:

BlackMetalNinja
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I think it's definitely to our benefit that the NHL re-seeds teams each round... If we win our first round match up, say against Philly, which I think we would... any of the teams lower then us win their series, which I believe Montreal could definitely do at this point... we won't have to play Ottawa in the second round which is of course good news.

SkateZilla
04-09-2006, 06:06 PM

The Canadiens are red hot right now and have played very well against Ottawa this year... could give them a run for their money esp if Hasek comes out flat. That would be a HUGE plus for the Sabres if they get into the second round.

I'd much rather face Montreal coming out of a tough series with the Sens, and this coming week with back-to-back matchups should give us a good indicator of how well they are going to be going into the playoffs. Right now, I think we've split the season with them 3-3.

Likewise, Carolina has not played well against Tampa Bay, esp as of late. In fact, Carolina has only beaten Tampa 2 times this season.

And we all know how the Sabres have played the Flyers, with the exception of the other night.

Especially if Hasek comes out flat emery stays out hurt and morrison stinks the place up..

Uncle Jesse
04-09-2006, 09:12 PM
However, if New Jersey catches Philly and takes the 5th seed, I think they'll take the Sabres. Broduer has the most games played of any goalie in the playoffs by atleast 100 games. Also the Sabres always struggle with the Devils because of the trap, and with the playoffs, not as many penalties will be called and with the trap style game, it could be lights out in round number one.

PUCKER
04-09-2006, 11:35 PM

I like this thinking :up:,but we have got to be o our game! :pray: for Sens and Canes first round exits.

Bill Brasky
04-09-2006, 11:48 PM
However, if New Jersey catches Philly and takes the 5th seed, I think they'll take the Sabres.

Yeah, that may be true, but you misread the title of the thread.

I'm speaking of CURRENT matchups if the playoffs started today...

JD
04-10-2006, 12:12 PM
I kinda hope we do play Ottawa in the Conference Finals though, just to shut all the doubters up. But who cares about them, the cup is all that matters. LETS GO SABRES!!!

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I truly think it all depends on how the NHL calls the games...are we going back to pre-lockout hockey? If so, then this team is in trouble.