PDA

View Full Version : The only 3 REALISTIC Picks

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 07:14 PM
The way I see it right, if the team doesnt trade down and goes ahead and drafts with the 8 spot, there are only 3 REALISTIC possiblities on who they will take..

* Bush, Brick, Mario, Leinart and Hawk are all LOCKS to be gone before 8, get thoughts of any of them slipping to 8 out of your head.

* Vernon Davis SHOULD be gone, and between Cutler and YOung at least one of them will be gone. Michael Huff is about 40% chance of being there (maybe a bit more)

* The signing of Gibson along with Peters and re-singing Jerman along with McFarland gives us four tackles, So i HIGHLY doubt they go OT with the 8 pick on Justice.

* They already have JP, Nall and Holcomb.. Now personally I'd like to get Cutler or Young, BUT, this isnt a thread about my opinion or preference. I dont think they will take QB when all is said and done..

The DT position has BARELY been addressed through FA and Clement's future is a question mark, especially beyond 2005 not to mention Vincent's age.

Therefore, REALISTICALLY at 8, there are three players which the Bills will choose from.
1- Haloti Ngata
2- Broderik Bunkley
3- Michael Huff

Of the three, only BUnkley is a lock to be there at 8... I really see the top seven picks like this.
1- Bush
2- Mario
3- Leinart
4- Brick
5- Hawk
6- Davis
7- Cutler,Huff, Ngata or Huff

YardRat
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I think you meant to have Young in there instead of Huff twice.

I can't argue with that, and although I really hope and continue to think that they'll trade down, the odds are a DT will be snagged at our spot, by us.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 07:21 PM
ya, my bad.. thanks for catching that

Drive 4 Five
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
I bet Cutler is the first Qb drafted. Here is a better question. Let us presume that Pat's mock draft is accurate, of the players available, who do you wish for? Not asking who you think they'll take, but who you want them to take?

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Personally I bet Vince Young is the first QB selected.

Drive 4 Five
04-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Personally I bet Vince Young is the first QB selected.

This coming from a self-proclaimed DOLT.

Just kidding bro. My brother desperately wants the Titans to grab him and he is usually lucky in getting what he wants.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
This coming from a self-proclaimed DOLT.

Just kidding bro. My brother desperately wants the Titans to grab him and he is usually lucky in getting what he wants.

:rofl: at dolt....

That's where I believe Young will go too....He'll fit into their offense best and with McNair being asked to leave is the most logical choice. I'm just wondering what soured them on Volek.

Drive 4 Five
04-09-2006, 07:50 PM
:rofl: at dolt....

That's where I believe Young will go too....He'll fit into their offense best and with McNair being asked to leave is the most logical choice. I'm just wondering what soured them on Volek.

I don't know that they've soured on him neccessarily, but maybe they've decided that he is not a franchise QB. Speaking of DOLTS, rememeber when Tom Donahoe was trying to get Volek?

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 07:53 PM
I don't know that they've soured on him neccessarily, but maybe they've decided that he is not a franchise QB. Speaking of DOLTS, rememeber when Tom Donahoe was trying to get Volek?

He was a QB who showed lots of promise in limited action....much like Rob Johnson. If the Titans take Young, like I think they will, it shows how much Volek really means.

Odd thing is, if we did get Volek, we wouldn't have JP right now and wouldn't have all this QB controversy. Granted we might definitely be picking a QB at number 8 right now though.

Drive 4 Five
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
In 4 years Volek has attempted 312 passes completing 517 for a percentage of 60.3 for a total of 3505 yards with 26 touchdowns to 13 interceptions. Not bad. Hell not bad at all.

After seeing that, whose to say they have soured on him. I'd say maybe he is the reson they would be willing to let McNair go and maybe they wouldn't draft a QB in round one. Althought hat is not to say they wouldn't draft one at some point.

ICE74129
04-09-2006, 08:06 PM
Take Cutler off of your list pat, we aren't drafting him period. Marv would have a full blown riot on his hands at OBD.

Huff is a possibility but I hope we dont. We have safetys. If we trade clements then I am all about drafting huff.

My choice is this two fold...

1) Trade down because Cutler is on the board, most likely with the vikes. Take OL or DT at #17. Address LG and DT in the 2nd

2) Trade clements take huff at #8 then address DT, OL in the 2nd.

The more I think about it, If Gibson is 370 or less by the time camp starts, and he busts his arse...I look at our OL As Peters, Gandy, Fowler, Villarial and Gibson. That isn't that bad of an OL.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
In 4 years Volek has attempted 312 passes completing 517 for a percentage of 60.3 for a total of 3505 yards with 26 touchdowns to 13 interceptions. Not bad. Hell not bad at all.

After seeing that, whose to say they have soured on him. I'd say maybe he is the reson they would be willing to let McNair go and maybe they wouldn't draft a QB in round one. Althought hat is not to say they wouldn't draft one at some point.

Maybe soured on isn't the right way to put it....but they did bring in all 3 of the big qbs' for private workouts. Letting McNair go walking means they need a QB somewhere. Add the two together, makes me think they want 1 of the "big 3." It could be smoke screen, yes, I understand that. But, Vince Young would fit their offense perfectly, he's not much of a different QB than McNair was coming out of school, other than going to a school in the national spotlight.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Take Cutler off of your list pat, we aren't drafting him period. Marv would have a full blown riot on his hands at OBD.

Huff is a possibility but I hope we dont. We have safetys. If we trade clements then I am all about drafting huff.

My choice is this two fold...

1) Trade down because Cutler is on the board, most likely with the vikes. Take OL or DT at #17. Address LG and DT in the 2nd

2) Trade clements take huff at #8 then address DT, OL in the 2nd.

The more I think about it, If Gibson is 370 or less by the time camp starts, and he busts his arse...I look at our OL As Peters, Gandy, Fowler, Villarial and Gibson. That isn't that bad of an OL.

Though it would be a very pleasant surprise, I wouldn't put much faith into Gibson starting, and I'd put even less faith in them screwing around and moving Peters to LT. I'm pretty sure the team made that clear less than 2 weeks ago Peters wouldnt be move, don't remember where the link was on that though..

Also, Cutler may be on my "personal" board, but this thread is titled "the only 3 realistic picks." And I said at the 8 spot they are: Ngata, Huff or Bunkley.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 08:36 PM
And Cutler doesnt top my personal board anyway.. V Davis does.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 08:44 PM

Damn those numbers are awesome. The Bills should trade Tenn. the 8th pick for Volek and give the career back up 5 years 25 million.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Damn those numbers are awesome. The Bills should trade Tenn. the 8th pick for Volek and give the career back up 5 years 25 million.
:rofl:

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 08:45 PM

Clements is not getting traded.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Clements is either playing for Buffalo or he aint getting paid.. Marv aint letting him just muscle his way out of Buffalo without getting equal value in return..

Moulds was different, his best days were behind him.

Huff IF he was to be taken would be taken as a safety, but could easily replace Nate at corner down the road... If they trade down, Jimmy Williams becomes a STRONG Possibility.

TigerJ
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I think your thought that there are three likely candidates for the Bills draft choice is pretty reasonable. I agree any other person is a long shot for the Bills.

The latest word from Jim McNally is that if Peters continues his rapid improvement, they might very well move hm to LT. If his learning curve slows down some they will keep him at RT to facilitate his development with the consistency of staying at one position. I've forgotten where I read that. If I run across it again, I'll post the link. The words are mine, but I think I caught the gist of what he said. I said elsewhere that if Pters were to move, Gibson probably would get his shot to start. If Peters stays put, Gandy is the starter at LT until the Bills find someone better.

Tatonka
04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
i disagree that there is no way hawk could fall.. there is absolutely a chance he could be there.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I dont think he gets past SF at six.. IF GB dont take him at 5

Tatonka
04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
THINK is the key word.. he most certainly could though.. davis could go to san fran.. green bay could take ngata.. that is just one scenario.. man.. the draft is always crazy.. come on.. i mean, look.. i can go with the "no way bush, lienart, and williams get out of the top 8.." but honestly.. beyond that.. anything can and WILL happen.