PDA

View Full Version : Franchise low...

Bruce is Loose
04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I am not typically a doom and gloom type, and generally try to support the teams decisions and assume they are more informed/educated on matters than I am.
That being said...

Our quarterback position is in serious question - we are all hoping Losman is the guy but if he fails this year he probably wont get much of a chance. He probably WILL fail this year due to the team around him if nothing else.

Our start running back isnt showing up at practice.

We traded away our number one WR.

We have a sketchy OLine at best.

We have no real dominant presences on our DL and have serious holes.

We have holes in the secondary.

Our start conerback is holding out from practice in hope for a long term deal in $$ amounts he wont get.

Our owner is doing nothing to spend any of our extra $$. Even if he was, we dont look very attractive to free agents due to Ralph's antics.

We could lose our team in the coming years to another city.

Is it time to celieve the doomsayers? It might be. This is the low point of the francise for me since I started as a fan in the late 80s.

YardRat
04-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Can't be any worse than last year.

PromoTheRobot
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
I am not typically a doom and gloom type, and generally try to support the teams decisions and assume they are more informed/educated on matters than I am.
That being said...

Our quarterback position is in serious question - we are all hoping Losman is the guy but if he fails this year he probably wont get much of a chance. He probably WILL fail this year due to the team around him if nothing else.

Our start conerback is holding out from practice in hope for a long term deal in $$ amounts he wont get.

Our owner is doing nothing to spend any of our extra $$. Even if he was, we dont look very attractive to free agents due to Ralph's antics.

Is it time to celieve the doomsayers? It might be. This is the low point of the francise for me since I started as a fan in the late 80s.

You forgot my head hurts, my feet stink, and I don't love Jesus.

PTR

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 08:54 PM
That being said...

I agree in that I think this team is in the worst shape its been in, in over 20 years.. both ON and OFF the field, but you're wrong here on some points.
* Willis didnt just "no show" for this mini camp.
* Yer wrong about why Clements isnt here.
* Moulds wasn't going to be our #1 WR anyway.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Tom Donahoe..Gone
Mike Mularkey...Gone
The douche bag who was OC...gone
Jerry Gray...Gone

Still have a Pro Bowl Punter, a WR on the rise (Evans), a good RB when he has the threat of a passing game to go with it, Good Corners, A good DE, Good LBs, Great Special teams, the 8th pick in draft.

This team will be good in 2 years as long as this years draft works out and if Losman can become a average QB.

It's been a great off-season so far.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Tom Donahoe..Gone
Mike Mularkey...Gone
Jerry Gray...Gone

Still have a Pro Bowl Punter, a WR on the rise (Evans), a good RB when he has the threat of a passing game to go with it, Good Corners, A good DE, Good LBs, Great Special teams, the 8th pick in draft.

This team will be good in 2 years as long as this years draft works out and if Losman can become a average QB.

It's been a great off-season so far.
In terms of our roster, EVERY "positive" you just mentioned is someone we ALREADY had..

With the exception of the 8th pick, how has "this been a great off-season so far.?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
In terms of our roster, EVERY "positive" you just mentioned is someone we ALREADY had..

With the exception of the 8th pick, how has "this been a great off-season so far.?

Tom Donahoe..Gone
Mike Mularkey...Gone
Jerry Gray...Gone

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Tom Donahoe..Gone
Mike Mularkey...Gone
Jerry Gray...Gone

Mularkey being Gone is a plus to you? Least we remind you Marv wanted him here, Ralph wanted him here. They publicly stated he was staying. Mularkey was glad to be staying. Then all of a sudden, he resigned.

That's not a good thing, IMO

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
1- I said "roster"

2- Gray coached the Bills to the NFL's second best defense in 2003 and 2004. I think Spikes going down and TD letting Williams walk were the reasons it wasn't a three peat in 2005.

The_Philster
04-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Dick LeBeau was a major reason for the Defense in 2003 and his influences were still felt in 2004

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 09:24 PM
1- I said "roster"

1- I said "offseason"

2- You have no idea how the players the Bills did sign will work out.

I will judge the roster when I see them play.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Mularkey being Gone is a plus to you? Least we remind you Marv wanted him here, Ralph wanted him here. They publicly stated he was staying. Mularkey was glad to be staying. Then all of a sudden, he resigned.

That's not a good thing, IMO

Mularkey being gone is not a plus?

Mr. Pink
04-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Mularkey being gone is not a plus?

He walked away from a job by his own, when he had full backing to be the HC. A job where only 32 exist total. How is that a plus?

TacklingDummy
04-09-2006, 09:36 PM
He walked away from a job by his own, when he had full backing to be the HC. A job where only 32 exist total. How is that a plus?

Because he no longer coach of the Buffalo Bills. And should of never been the Head coach to begin with. He was a TD buddy hire.

slakjaw157
04-09-2006, 10:08 PM

I agree we are in bad shape, especially when the first position you list is our Pro Bowl Punter.

patmoran2006
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Because he no longer coach of the Buffalo Bills. And should of never been the Head coach to begin with. He was a TD buddy hire.

He was a TD buddy hire, who Marv levy thought was good enough to remain coach, as did Ralph Wilson...

I hate mularkey, Im glad he's gone.. But he was the choice of this CURRENT F.O, not Jauron.

jmb1099
04-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Had they really wanted him to stay he would have stayed. Phil is right, like it or not Dick Lebeu and Greg Williams were responsible for the majority of the success on defense. Gray reaped the benefits but did not know how to improve upon or even maintain the scheme for multiple seasons. And I can't even believe I'm going to say this, but Tackling Dummy is right in waiting to pass judgment on the fa we have picked up so far because the truth is ya just don't know yet geez.

Michael82
04-10-2006, 09:56 AM
:ill:

I feel sick after reading this thread and really thinking it over. :( :puke: