PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Everett hurt again

Marvelous
04-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Looks liek he pulled his hamstring. DC hopes he'll be ready for mini camp in a month.
http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=469989

Has this been posted already?

ublinkwescore
04-09-2006, 11:34 PM
yeah it has...

if he gets hurt again before the season starts, and he can't even go for preseason, maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Mitchy moo
04-10-2006, 08:12 AM
Nearly one year after suffering a serious knee injury, tight end Kevin Everett is still waiting for his NFL career to begin.

The 2005 draftee watched from the sidelines as the Buffalo Bills went through three days of minicamp. He was supposed to return to the field this weekend, but aggravated his groin muscle during an on-field workout prior to the camp.
"He was disappointed, we were disappointed," Bills coach Dick Jauron said Sunday. "As soon as he heals he'll be back out working."
That can't come soon enough for Everett, who was robbed of his rookie season when he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during a minicamp one week after the draft. After months of rehabilitation and anticipation, he was ready to go, only to suffer this latest setback.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060410/2056303.asp?tbd2056303.asp

casdhf
04-10-2006, 08:15 AM
wow ... he's up to 260 pounds.

OpIv37
04-10-2006, 08:16 AM
did Vernon Davis' stock just go up?

Seriously, I've heard good things about Everett and I was hoping to see what he can do, but this is getting ridiculous. Two injuries and he hasn't even been in a full-contact situation yet.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 08:18 AM
did Vernon Davis' stock just go up?

Seriously, I've heard good things about Everett and I was hoping to see what he can do, but this is getting ridiculous. Two injuries and he hasn't even been in a full-contact situation yet.

Since when are hamstring pulls not common after an ACL? This is common, frustrating but common.

OpIv37
04-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Maybe Donahoe just has a knack for injury-prone guys. In the last three drafts, 4 of our first-day guys lost significant portions of their first year to injuries:

McGahee
Losman
Parrish
Everett

and 3 of the 4 are from Miami.....

Mitchy moo
04-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Maybe Donahoe just has a knack for injury-prone guys. In the last three drafts, 4 of our first-day guys lost significant portions of their first year to injuries:

McGahee
Losman
Parrish
Everett

Maybe the Miami guys are damaged goods to start with?

Mr. Miyagi
04-10-2006, 08:33 AM

McGahee
Losman
Parrish
Everett

Getting his leg broken by Vincent doesn't make JP "injury-prone". :shakeno:

Jeff1220
04-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Since when are hamstring pulls not common after an ACL? This is common, frustrating but common.

I was just going to say the same thing. It sucks that he's hurt again, but after a major leg injury, puls here and tweaks there are completely normal.

OpIv37
04-10-2006, 08:56 AM
Getting his leg broken by Vincent doesn't make JP "injury-prone". :shakeno:

well it still kept him off the field for significant portions of his first season. With 4 guys in three years, how can you say there's not some kind of recurring theme here?

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 09:09 AM
This is seeming all to common with Everett. You can't trust and count on him being there for the entire season. Tim Euhus is also hurt all the time.

A legit pass catching TE is a priority in the draft this year especially with Moulds gone. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted Vernon Davis in the first round.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
If we had Evans, Vernon Davis, Reed and if Andre Davis pans out that would be a good receiving corps to march into war with. Throw in Parrish as a speed threat which is all he will ever be.

I know a lot of people always hold out hope for Bills' players but Royal won't be anything more then a blocking TE. He won't scare any teams. We need a legit threat.

We don't even know if Everett will fit that bill or not let alone even staying healthy.

What a wasted draft last year was. Parrish and Everett. Parrish won't be anything more then a speedy slot WR and Everett can't stay on the field.

Sure a speedy slot WR like Parrish is good to have but not in the 2nd round with your first pick in the draft when you have tons of other needs, mainly the OL. You can find them other places.