X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

If the Bills moved...

Life goes on. There isn't anything you can do about it.

All these people all worried and act like their life is gonna come to an end is sad.

Sure I don't want them to move and I would also miss going to games and having them but it's not the end of the world. Life will go on and there won't be any tears shed. Football isn't the most important thing in life.

All the sensitive nancies out there...feel free to neg me now.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: If the Bills moved...

Why would people neg you ? What you say is true.

I was born into a season ticket family and started going to games on a regular basis in the 1960's. The Bills are my favorite hobby but I've missed games for weddings, baptisms and other family events over the years. As you get older, your priorities change. My kids and wife are my life. Not the Bills.

That being said, the Bills aren't gone yet so I'm focused on the draft and upcoming season.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
      Life goes on. There isn't anything you can do about it.

All these people all worried and act like their life is gonna come to an end is sad.

Sure I don't want them to move and I would also miss going to games and having them but it's not the end of the world. Life will go on and there won't be any tears shed. Football isn't the most important thing in life.

All the sensitive nancies out there...feel free to neg me now.
      I agree.

Hell, even if they stayed, rooting and going to games of a team not winning now and then is a hell of a lot better than not going to any games.

It would suck though. What would I do with this stupid website???

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
        What would I do with this stupid website???
        Sell it to the Watchtower folks. Leave them the user list. :snicker2:
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Now the next question...

Hypothetically speaking, say the Bills did happen to move 3 years from now. Losman turned into a star, McGahee, Evans, Schobel and all the other players were still on the team, would you still follow them and root them on?

At first I said to myself I wouldn't but after thinking about it the past couple days I came to the conclusion that I still would. It wouldn't be the players fault that we moved.

The same players that I was rooting for before would still be on the team and it would be hard just to all of a sudden quit rooting for them. It would be a lot different because they wouldn't be in Buffalo and you couldn't attend the games like you do now but it wouldn't be any different for the people who already live outside of Buffalo that still root for the team.

I feel most people outside of the Buffalo area it wouldn't effect very much because they already can't enjoy the game atmosphere at the stadium. That's just the situation it would be for me. I would have to buy the Sunday Ticket to see every game and go from there.

Not everybody who roots on their football team lives within driving distance to attend the games. All the other sports teams I root for isn't within driving distance like the Mets, Seminoles(Football), Tar Heels(Basketball) and Pistons. I also don't have the same love for them sports as I do for football but I would have to learn to get used to it.

One thing that could possibly happen though is me following teams like the Browns and/or Steelers more because I could drive to their games but the Bills(or whatever the new team name would be) would still be my favorite team.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
            Why would people neg you ? What you say is true.
            Because some people here are so damn sensitive about any negativity towards the Bills and some would try to say that you're not a true fan if it didn't eat you up inside.

Of course I would be upset and miss them not being in Buffalo but I would get over it and move on with my life.

For some people they might even be happy because if the Bills moved closer to them it would benefit them and their opportunities to catch a live game.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

Honestly, I would be crushed if they moved. I know life goes on and theres more important things in life, however I was born and raised on the Buffalo Bills. More than any team in any sport, Ive followed the Buffalo Bills closely my entire life. Honestly, I feel like a part of my childhood would be gone if they were to move. Football would have little meaning to me anymore. What am I supposed to do? Just start liking another team? It would be fake. It wouldnt be natural. There would be no natural love like I have for my football team. I guess I would start liking the Giants bc they're a NY team, but I would not have any passion for the team. I pray this move does not happen. Please Mr Pataki, save my Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Depends on where they move, if they change the team's identity-

When the Colts and Rams moved, they stayed the Colts and Rams. When the Browns moved, they wiped their history clear and surrendered it to a potential future replacement.

I would NOT support the next Los Angeles "Stars" or "Galaxy" or "Express"

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

When the Colts and Rams moved, they stayed the Colts and Rams. When the Browns moved, they wiped their history clear and surrendered it to a potential future replacement.

I agree that would be a little more difficult if they totally changed the identity. I feel that if you still rooted on the team because your favorite players were still there you would end up building a passion for them over time.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

If they do move, Buffalo better pull a Cleveland and force the owner to surrender all ties to the Buffalo Bills to the city of Buffalo, including the name, logos, and history.
                    Last edited by Michael82; 04-10-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      If they do move, Buffalo better pull and Cleveland and force the owner to surrender all ties to the Buffalo Bills to the city of Buffalo, including the name, logos, and history.

The LA Bills would sound stupid, whats a Bill?

Art Modell had no problem giving up the name because WTF is a Brown, and the Baltimore Browns would sound stupid.

I could see why the Cardinals, Rams and Colt kept their names when they moved. They are actually animals.

The Utah Jazz should change their name. Isn't the Jazz part of the name referring to when they played in New Orleans?

Comment

• don137
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        The LA Bills would sound stupid, whats a Bill?

Art Modell had no problem giving up the name because WTF is a Brown, and the Baltimore Browns would sound stupid.

I could see why the Cardinals, Rams and Colt kept their names when they moved. They are actually animals.

The Utah Jazz should change their name. Isn't the Jazz part of the name referring to when they played in New Orleans?
                        There is also the Los Angelas Lakers which came from Minneapolis because there are so many lakes up there.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Los Angeles Homeslices.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
                            There is also the Los Angelas Lakers which came from Minneapolis because there are so many lakes up there.
                            Home of 10,000 lakes!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Los Angeles Jumpin Beans!

Comment

Working...
                              X