Trades:

NO sends 1,2 to NYJ for 1,4; 2,35; 2007 pick
Tenn sends 1,3 to SF for 1,6; 2,37; 2007 pick
GB sends 1,5; 2007 pick to Den for 1,15; 1,22; 4,126
Buf sends 1,8; 5,143 to Phil for 1,14; 2,45
Ariz sends 1,10 to Minn for 1,17; 2,48

Round 1

1) Houston - RB Reggie Bush (USC)
2) NY Jets (NO) - OT D'Brickshaw Ferguson (Virginia)
3) San Francisco (Tenn) - LB A.J. Hawk (Ohio St)
4) New Orleans (NYJ) - DL Mario Williams (No Carolina St)
5) Denver (GB) - TE Vernon Davis (Maryland)
6) Tennessee (SF) - QB Matt Leinart (USC)
7) Oakland - QB Vince Young (Texas)
8) Philadelphia (Buf) - DT Haloti Ngata (Oregon)
9) Detroit - DB Michael Huff (Texas)
10) Minnesota (AZ) - QB Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt)
11) St. Louis - LB Ernie Sims (Florida St)
12) Cleveland - DT Broderick Bunkley (Florida St)
13) Baltimore - OT Winston Justice (USC)
14) Buffalo (Phil) - LB Chad Greenway (Iowa)
15) Green Bay (Atl/Den) - DB Jimmy Williams (Virginia Tech)
16) Miami - WR Chad Jackson (Florida)
17) Arizona (Minn) - LB/DE Manny Lawson (No. Carolina St)
18) Dallas - CB Tye Hill (Clemson)
19) San Diego - DB Antonio Cromartie (Florida St)
20) Kansas City - WR Santonio Holmes (Ohio St)
21) New England - RB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)
22) Green Bay (Wsh/Den) - C Nick Mangold (Ohio St)
23) Tampa Bay - LB Bobby Carpenter (Ohio St)
24) Cincinnati - CB Johnathan Joseph (So. Carolina)
25) NY Giants - CB Kelly Jennings (Miami, Fla)
26) Chicago - TE Leonard Pope (Georgia)
27) Carolina - DB Jason Allen (Tennessee)
28) Jacksonville - DE Mathias Kiwanuka (Boston College)
29) NY Jets (Den/Atl) - DB Donte Whitner (Ohio St)
30) Indianapolis - RB Laurence Maroney (Minnesota)
31) Seattle - OL Davin Joseph (Oklahoma)
32) Pittsburgh - CB Ashton Youboty (Ohio St)

Round 2

33) Houston - OT Eric Winston (Miami, Fla)
34) New Orleans - LB DeMeco Ryans (Alabama)
35) New Orleans (NYJ) - DB Darnell Bing (USC)
36) Green Bay - RB LenDale White (USC)
37) Tennessee (SF) - OT Marcus McNeill (Auburn)
38) Oakland - DT Gabe Watson (Michigan)
39) Tennessee - LB D'Qwell Jackson (Maryland)
40) Detroit - LB Thomas Howard (UTEP)
41) Arizona - DB Ko Simpson (So. Carolina)
42) Buffalo - DT Rodrique Wright (Texas)
43) Cleveland - DE Tamba Hali (Penn St)
44) Baltimore - WR Sinorice Moss (Miami, Fla)
45) Buffalo (Phil) - OT Jonathan Scott (Texas)
46) St. Louis - WR Derek Hagan (Arizona St)
47) Atlanta - RB Joseph Addai (LSU)
48) Arizona (Minn) - DT Claude Wroten (LSU)
49) Dallas - LB/DE Kamerion Wimbley (Florida St)
50) San Diego - OL Max Jean-Gilles (Georgia)
51) Minnesota (Mia) - DT John McCargo (No. Carolina St)
52) New England - DE Stanley McClover (Auburn)
53) Washington - OL Charles Spencer (Pittsburgh)
54) Kansas City - QB Omar Jacobs (Bowling Green)
55) Cincinnati - OL Taitusi Lutui (USC)
56) NY Giants - LB Abdul Hodge (Iowa)
57) Chicago - WR Maurice Stovall (Notre Dame)
58) Carolina - TE Mercedes Lewis (UCLA)
59) Tampa Bay - DE Ray Edwards (Purdue)
60) Jacksonville - DB Alan Zemaitis (Penn St)
61) Denver - DT Orien Harris (Miami, Fla)
62) Indianapolis - DT Jesse Mahelona (Tennessee)
63) Seattle - DE Victor Adeyanju (Indiana)
64) Pittsburgh - WR Hank Baskett (New Mexico)

:couch:

I'll go into more detail closer to the draft

LtFinFan66
04-10-2006, 06:09 AM
:idunno:

Night Train
04-10-2006, 06:12 AM
Greenway has tiny legs, much like Shane Conlon did. Injuries usually follow. I'd pick one of those DB's to play Safety or CB, in case Nate doesn't sign his Franchise sheet. If he does, move him to Safety. Ty Hill of Clemson comes immediately to mind.

I like Scott a little but Wright stock is sinking. Guard is a much bigger need and Jean-Gilles, Spencer or Lutui would be solid picks. DT McCargo of NC State is rated ahead of Wright. DT Jesse Mahelona of Tenny would be a good bargain in Round 3. Always gets in the backfield and goes all out on every play, unlike Wright.

more cowbell
04-10-2006, 06:41 AM
linebacker is definetaly one position on this team we dont have to waste a 1st round pick on considering we have 4 starters already, and even if spikes isnt 100 percent posey is a servicable starter.

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 06:47 AM
Fletcher and Posey are UFA after this season......

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 06:48 AM
I also seem to remember Willis McGahee being selected when we already had Travis Henry.......

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 06:54 AM
Clump, we are not going to trade down and take a LB. I love ya man but stick to the cap.

ddaryl
04-10-2006, 06:56 AM
I would rather make the trade with Denver for both of their 1sr rd picks. Much better value and Denver can keep their #4.

Would or could Davis fall to #8 that's the question. I'm sure Denver is interested.

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 07:01 AM
Clump, we are not going to trade down and take a LB. I love ya man but stick to the cap.

:rolleyes:

Night Train
04-10-2006, 07:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Expect an FTD delivery at any moment. :rofl:

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 07:18 AM
It's amazing how many "cyber draft experts" do not pay attention to future needs of a team and draft history

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 07:21 AM
I would rather make the trade with Denver for both of their 1sr rd picks. Much better value and Denver can keep their #4.

Would or could Davis fall to #8 that's the question. I'm sure Denver is interested.

In my scenario, I do not see a clear cut pick for GB....the Raiders are a possibility for V. Davis.....Tennessee wants Leinart so they won't trade down......Denver, of course, wants to screw over the Raiders, so they need to move ahead to insure getting Davis......if Davis is available at #8, then the chance the Bills trades down is very likely...

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Clump, we are not going to trade down and take a LB. I love ya man but stick to the cap.Stick to finger painting.

I might completely disagree with this assesment on the draft, especially the trades, but at least he puts logic and thought into it, not by pulling crap out of his behind.

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 07:22 AM
I LUV DOZER :flowers:

Kenny
04-10-2006, 07:28 AM
I also seem to remember Willis McGahee being selected when we already had Travis Henry.......

Yeah, but Chad Greenway is no AJ Hawk.
Completely difference situation.

McGahee pre-injury was 'projected' as a top3 pick. Greenway is a mid-late first rounder at best.

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Here's my problem with the top 8 picks-

1- Jets- the only way they spend those picks is to move past Tennessee for Lienart. That's the only guy I see who both teams envision as the next star and a "can't live without" type player. Brick is the best LT in the draft, but he's the best out of an outstanding class. Miss on Brick and they can get Winston out of Miami, Scott, McNiel, or even use their extra picks to move up their second first rounder 5-10 slots to grab Justice if he's still there.

Jets have way to many holes to fill to spend it like that.

Without the Jets/Saints trade for Brick, Saints still pick Williams, Tenn picks Lienart at 3 anyway, Jets (if they want Brick) get him at 4.

GB trading with Denver is a strong possibility- the draft chart points system is close enough. SF still gets Hawk without giving up picks.

If Minny wants Cutler that bad (or Young if he's still there) They might deal with BLo to jump ahead of two QB starved teams that both have invested heavilly in WRs as top picks the past few drafts. That's where I see Buffalo trading with (if Brick, Mario Williams, Hawk) are gone.

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 07:39 AM
Then with a QB gone, Detroit deals with Philly for Ngata.

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 07:40 AM
I just don't see 7 of the top 10 selections being traded.

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 07:42 AM
:tongue:

EDS
04-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I just don't see 7 of the top 10 selections being traded.

Agreed. I also question whether Greenway is a good fit for the type of defense being installed in Buffalo. Greenway was great in college but he does not have a ton of speed, and I thought the cover-2 defense placed a premium on speed at linebacker ala Derrick Brooks. Am I wrong?

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Agreed. I also question whether Greenway is a good fit for the type of defense being installed in Buffalo. Greenway was great in college but he does not have a ton of speed, and I thought the cover-2 defense placed a premium on speed at linebacker ala Derrick Brooks. Am I wrong?Give me Thomas Howard from Utep instead of Greenway.

Even better, Winston from Miami in Rd 1, Thomas Howard Rd 2

oldno711
04-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Here's my problem with the top 8 picks-

1- Jets- the only way they spend those picks is to move past Tennessee for Lienart. That's the only guy I see who both teams envision as the next star and a "can't live without" type player. Brick is the best LT in the draft, but he's the best out of an outstanding class. Miss on Brick and they can get Winston out of Miami, Scott, McNiel, or even use their extra picks to move up their second first rounder 5-10 slots to grab Justice if he's still there.

Jets have way to many holes to fill to spend it like that.

Without the Jets/Saints trade for Brick, Saints still pick Williams, Tenn picks Lienart at 3 anyway, Jets (if they want Brick) get him at 4.

GB trading with Denver is a strong possibility- the draft chart points system is close enough. SF still gets Hawk without giving up picks.

If Minny wants Cutler that bad (or Young if he's still there) They might deal with BLo to jump ahead of two QB starved teams that both have invested heavilly in WRs as top picks the past few drafts. That's where I see Buffalo trading with (if Brick, Mario Williams, Hawk) are gone.

I agree with this. The only way the Jets trade up (IMO) is to snag Leinart away from Tennessee. If they want Brick they stay put and get him at 4...assuming the Saints pick the best defensive player available -- M. Williams.

I honestly don't think we trade down if Brick drops to 5 or 6 (Bush, Leinart, Young, Williams, Hawk). At that point, we would have to hope and pray he falls to 8 or make a move to get him...he's too good not to.

clumping platelets
04-10-2006, 08:47 AM
:movie:

oldno711
04-10-2006, 08:54 AM
:movie:

I cannot wait for this draft. I honestly feel like we have a decent shot of getting my boy Brick, and even if we don't there will be great opportunities to trade down and pick up an additional 2nd rounder or grab a solid starter at 8 (Davis, Huff, Ngata, Justice, Bunkley).

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
I agree with this. The only way the Jets trade up (IMO) is to snag Leinart away from Tennessee. If they want Brick they stay put and get him at 4...assuming the Saints pick the best defensive player available -- M. Williams.

I honestly don't think we trade down if Brick drops to 5 or 6 (Bush, Leinart, Young, Williams, Hawk). At that point, we would have to hope and pray he falls to 8 or make a move to get him...he's too good not to.

The Bills won't trade down for Brick. The only suprise might be for Leinart, and that's doubtful as well. We need more draft picks in the top 100, not less.