PDA

View Full Version : Evans Primed for Number 1 Role

Bill Brasky
04-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Lee Evans officially became the Bills top wideout once the trade of Eric Moulds was made official this past Thursday. But to think that Evans is only now preparing for his new role as the team's number one receiver would be foolish.

"(I've been preparing for this) since I first stepped in the door," said Evans following his first day on the field as the Bills top receiver. "You work every day to get better and get more opportunities."

Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert sees a player that's ready to handle a leading role in Buffalo's offense.

"He's been kind of grooming himself for this position," said Tolbert. "He came in here as a high first-round pick, so he knew what the expectations were from the jump. And he knew eventually Eric would be getting older and not be here anymore. I think he'll transition himself into it real well."

Another person who agrees with Tolbert is a man who knows all about being a top wideout. Bills all-time leading receiver Andre Reed, who feels Evans can handle everything that comes with being the player in the passing game that everyone looks to for production.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3704