PDA

View Full Version : What is Jerry Sullivan's problem?

Dont drink the water
04-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Jerry Sullivan appears to have a campaign going to discredit the Bills and Ralph Wilson. What did they do? Refuse to offer him most favored reporter status? Did they deservedly not allow him access to home (supproting) press facilities? Maybe Buffalo News owners do not read their own paper since they live outside of area but he is the most negative newsreporter in region and he is in charge of Buffalo News Sports department? If he wants to be chief critic he ought to step down from that role.

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 12:00 PM
I don't often agree with Sullivan...however, skepticism and cynacism are at times very healthy...helps to sift through the BS. We need more voters to take on his attitude regarding our elected leaders. As far as sports? He is trying to sell newspapers.

socalfan
04-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't often agree with Sullivan...however, skepticism and cynacism are at times very healthy...helps to sift through the BS. We need more voters to take on his attitude regarding our elected leaders. As far as sports? He is trying to sell newspapers.

Skepticism and cynacism are not healthy and do not help anyone sift through BS. They only contribute to it. What gets people through BS is information and fact gathering. It takes work to get to the truth, not more laziness and scoffers and cynics are lazy.

Mr. Pink
04-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I might get crucified for this one...but here goes.

I actually enjoy Jerry Sullivans' columns and when he talks on GR. He is one of the few people who tell it like it is, good or bad or indifferent. If the teams around here suck, he'll tell you and his "opinion" of why. If they are good, he'll tell you that to.

He writes an editorial based column which is based upon a couple facts and his opinion on them. He is an excellent writer, writing wise. Now I don't always agree with what he writes, it's better to read someone who speaks the truth, at least in his opinion, and not someone who sugarcoats everything.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
That was a VERY UNBIASED article in Today's Buffalo news..

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060410/1045871.asp

"But it's a stretch to suggest that the Bills can't compete under this current system. The teams still share equally in the NFL's vast national TV revenue. They operate under a salary cap. Some teams have more local revenue to spend on coaches and free agent signing bonuses, but it's far more equitable than, say, baseball.

There's no salary cap in baseball. But you don't see the owners marching on the governor's office. The fact is, baseball's competitive imbalance is largely a myth. In the past six years, 18 different teams have made the postseason.

You can still compete without economic equality. The Bills' competitive problems are of their own making. It wasn't a shortage of local revenue that put them in their current mess. It was poor decisions by Wilson's personnel department. Wilson has legitimate issues with the league, but there's a more diplomatic way to raise them. He might, in fact, be making the Bills more vulnerable in the league's eyes. "

Whoever says that is NOT true has a serious case of Homer'phobia.