PDA

View Full Version : Some info on Price's New Deal

DraftBoy
04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
4 years, 10 mill plus

"His new contract is worth more than $10 million and includes additional incentives should he take over as the Bills No. 1 receiver."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2404058

Discuss!

Iehoshua
04-10-2006, 04:29 PM
This is a joke, right?

Romes
04-10-2006, 04:29 PM
how come the title says 1 year deal...then in the text it says 4 year deal? :scratch:

Kerr
04-10-2006, 04:30 PM
The heading says 1 yet the body say 4. Which is it?

Iehoshua
04-10-2006, 04:31 PM
This is a joke, right???

DraftBoy
04-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I just report the news, I dont make it...Im not sure boys, I had the same issue but the text says 4 yrs 10 mil +

DraftBoy
04-10-2006, 04:33 PM
KFFL says 1 yr deal

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/48102/115

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Say hello to our new #2 WR. Seems Davis and Reed will fight it out as well. Davis has a 1 year deal which is interesting.

Evans = long term

Price and Reed = 4 years 10 mill.

Davis = 1 year deal.

VERY interesting. But what the hell, we have quality guys going at it for #2 now and, God forbid, anything happen to Evans at least we aren't screwed.

anyone get the feeling we are going to try and throw the ball this year? too bad fuggin holcomb is getting the meat of the snaps....

Iehoshua
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I've decided it's a 1-year deal.

:up:

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
KFFL says 1 yr deal

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/48102/115

Why would ESPN say 4 years in the text? I am sure by tomorrow it will be straightened out

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I've decided it's a 1-year deal.

:up:

Sorry man, your buddy is back for 4 more years!

EDS
04-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I hope there is some type of clawback or termination right on tha contract number if he sucks as bad as he did in Atlanta and Dallas.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:55 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/depth_chart/

Looks like they are damn serious about him being here

YardRat
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Damn...Steps right into the starting line up.

EDS
04-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Has his vision problem been corrected? Wasn't that a problem in Atlanta? Hasn't he sucked for three straight years? I am baffled by that contract. A one year make good contract I can completely understand, but not a four year deal. He will be in his mid 30's by the end of it.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 05:06 PM
$10 million to a WR that's been cut TWICE in the past few years? Atlanta dont say much, they had no offense, but him not workin out in Dallas scares me.

I have NO problem with this signing, UNLESS they actually gave him $10 million dollars.. What was his signing bonus? thats the BIG question.

Salaries dont mean crap, if they guy dont work out you can cut him.. Its when you give a multi-million bonus that it bites you in the ass.

G. Host
04-10-2006, 05:13 PM
It probably is a one year deal with Bills having the option to pay him a bonus and get three more years. I wonder is Peerless can grovel and get back that deal he had for a vehicle from the dealer he dissed?

Nighthawk
04-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I was just watching ESPNews and the reported it is a 4 year, $10 million contract. Pretty reasonable for a guy I think can still be an asset to this team.

Jersey1031
04-10-2006, 07:30 PM
That's pretty expensive for a guy thrown to the side by two clubs...

EDS
04-10-2006, 07:33 PM
That contract is only reasonable if the vast bulk of that money is non-guaranteed and won't count agains the Bills cap when and if they cut him.

patmoran2006
I only care that his signing bonus is REAL low.. Otherwise I dont care what his contract is.

BAM
Seems a bit much to me... I hope he is worth it.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:38 PM
2.5 million for a guy that hasn't done anything in three years. He was released TWICE last season and nobody went after him this year.

All of a sudden we go and give him 2.5 million though. That's a reasonable price?

That must be Ralph and Marv's magic number this year. Every guy they are trying to resurrect into stars this year got that much.

Christ we gave 2.5 million a year to Price, Davis and Reed all in the same offseason. That's a ton of money for a bunch of slot WR's. For that kind of money we could have Torry Holt here instead of a variety of junk.

All these WR's we have signed puzzles me. Instead of going after some great players and showing them the money we have millions this offseason tied up in a bunch of junk. Them 1 or two great players would do more for us then a variety of junk.

I really don't understand what the hell is going on at OBD and the way they are spending our cap money this offseason. We have about 8 WR's now and an average of 7 million tied up in a ton of slot WR's that haven't done anything in years.

All these players we are giving 2.5 million a year too could've been replaced in the draft for more then half of that price. You add up all the money we have wasted in the most unneeded positions and that would've paid for some of the blue chip studs that were FA's this year.

I mean give me a break. We have signed a bunch of slot WR's to 30 million dollars worth of contracts this year and around a total of 8 million dollars in bonus money. The worst of it all is there isn't any way for them all to get a ton of playing time. There is just too many of them.

Hell 30 million dollars with an 8 million dollar bonus could've brought in a great player that would make a difference instead of 3 slot WR's that will be sharing time. We're not getting the best bang for our bucks.

Add in the Royal contract and we have about 40 million and 10+ million dollars in bonuses tied up in junk.

bigbub2352
04-10-2006, 07:44 PM
What WR would u have us go after, Every WR signed has been vastly overpaid ala Antwan Randle EL, Nate Burelsson, hell even Keyshawn, all got paid big time money and they are not worth it but those signings drove the market up for veteran receviers i'll take him over josh reed in the 2 spot and defintly over andre in the num 3 we will see

Nighthawk
04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
2.5 million for a guy that hasn't done anything in three years. He was released TWICE last season and nobody went after him this year.

All of a sudden we go and give him 2.5 million though. That's a reasonable price?

That must be Ralph and Marv's magic number this year. Every guy they are trying to resurrect into stars this year got that much.

Christ we gave 2.5 million a year to Price, Davis and Reed all in the same offseason. That's a ton of money for a bunch of slot WR's. For that kind of money we could have Torry Holt here instead of a variety of junk.

All these WR's we have signed puzzles me. Instead of going after some great players and showing them the money we have millions this offseason tied up in a bunch of junk. Them 1 or two great players would do more for us then a variety of junk.

I really don't understand what the hell is going on at OBD and the way they are spending our cap money this offseason. We have about 8 WR's now and an average of 7 million tied up in a ton of slot WR's that haven't done anything in years.

All these players we are giving 2.5 million a year too could've been replaced in the draft for more then half of that price. You add up all the money we have wasted in the most unneeded positions and that would've paid for some of the blue chip studs that were FA's this year.

I mean give me a break. We have signed a bunch of slot WR's to 30 million dollars worth of contracts this year and around a total of 8 million dollars in bonus money. The worst of it all is there isn't any way for them all to get a ton of playing time. There is just too many of them.

Hell 30 million dollars with an 8 million dollar bonus could've brought in a great player that would make a difference instead of 3 slot WR's that will be sharing time. We're not getting the best bang for our bucks.

Add in the Royal contract and we have about 40 million and 10+ million dollars in bonuses tied up in junk.

I think you are looking way too much into this. He is going to be the #2 WR and he has proven in the past that he excels at that. If he can produce like that again, then it is a very good signing. If he doesn't, then you cut him and there isn't too much against your cap. Relax, nobody is saying he is the next coming of Marvin Harrison, but he will help this WR group.

Turf
04-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I think he could have been had for reasonably less seeing he had nowhere to go. I see a lot of John Butler's philosophy in these moves. Overpay and hope it motivates them to live up to it. Makes no sense to me though. I can only guess they plan on beefing up the line in the draft.

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 07:51 PM
as always it depends on the breakdown of the contract.

but I think ML has lost his mind...

socalfan
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Unbelievable! 3 ***** years. And we can't get him for vet minimum???? How is that even possible. What are they thinking....lining up a 4 wide receiver set every down?????

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
OK- Price was a nice addition- but this is ridiculous for a guy who **** the bed the last 3 years

TacklingDummy
04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
My only problem with signing Price, Reed, Davis and Royal is....we could of got TO with all that money. And he better then those 4 combined.

Or we could of just kept Moulds.

GarnOFreak
04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I mean give me a break. We have signed a bunch of slot WR's to 30 million dollars worth of contracts this year and around a total of 8 million dollars in bonus money.

We still did better than Seattle for Burleson. $49 Million for THAT?

No offense, but do you think TO would have been happy here if he wasn't getting the ball enough in Philly or San Fran? Imagine him in last year's offense and tell me he wouldn't have made a bigger stink then Moulds did in one game? come on...

we got Price for the some of the money that would have gone to Moulds(but Peerless's deal is for four years, not 2). If these guys play well in a rotation I'll be happy, I just want to see an offense that can move, period.

Tatonka
04-10-2006, 11:16 PM
guys.. does anyone know what his signing bonus was and what his first couple years salary was?

i am not going to freak out over it.. i guarentee you that he costs about 1.5 million or so against the cap.. if he sucks.. we clip him.. if he looks good again, then hey.. we got all our wrs locked up to learn and grow with jp.

i dont mind the deal..

people need to realize that the cap is huge and you can sign tons of guys to a 4 year 10 million dollar deal.. one guy is like 1-2% of our cap. are you telling me that price couldnt be worth 1% of the cap?

GarnOFreak
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2404058

ESPN doesn't give out the signing bonus here, but I swear that I heard 2.5 mil for signing. money on earlier posts here(billszone). Total contract is $10 mil for 4 years.

ddaryl
04-11-2006, 12:34 AM
Awesome siging

10 mil 4 years is not much to pay a WR who still has 5-8 years left.

I'm sure there is not much guarenteed money, and I doubt if we cut Peerless next season for whatever reason we'd have to take much of a hit.

So you negative nancies do us all a favor and just STFU

Night Train
04-11-2006, 02:32 AM
Great

The gutless Peerless Price, who short armed at least 100 balls during his Bills tenure. Add that to his non existent blocking ability and you have the reason why 2 teams cut him last year.

This signing makes zero sense to me.

ddaryl
04-11-2006, 02:58 AM
PP still averages 50 catches a season, and can stretch the field. On top of that there are no other vialble options for a veteran WR, and those who would be better have too many character issues to even consider.

If PP sucks this year we cut him next year at a minimum cap hit, but for what we are paying Peerles he could be our #3 wr, and he is still better then any of our #3 options at this point.

I just do not see why this is a bad signing, PP adds field stretching ability, Marv likes his field stretchers.

Bill Brasky
04-11-2006, 05:40 AM
This is a fantastic signing...... he couldn't cut it with Michael Vick... couldn't cut it when reunited with Drew Bledsoe....

I have 110% confidence that an unproven QB who's got no line and was thrown under the bus, a journeyman backup with a noodle arm, and a guy who's throw 30 something passes his entire career, can really bring out his dominance and ressurect his career ... a career that amounted to 2 good years because he played with a guy in his prime in an offense that was lopsidedly pass-happy!!!!!

Don't Panic
04-11-2006, 05:52 AM
That contract is only reasonable if the vast bulk of that money is non-guaranteed and won't count agains the Bills cap when and if they cut him.

Agreed.... signing bonus is everything. I doubt it's $2.5 mil. If it's a more reasonable number like $1 mil., then we are taking very little risk.

Luisito23
04-11-2006, 06:27 AM
All this we could've had TO, or we could've got Holt, or whoever else is ridiculous.

What makes you think any of them would've wanted to come to Buffalo anyways.:idunno:.

GO BILLS!!!!

Earthquake Enyart
04-11-2006, 07:13 AM
I kinda like the signing. :couch:

don137
04-11-2006, 07:22 AM
I agree with T. It all depends on his signing bonus/guranteed money. If it is low what does Buffalo have to lose? He can play in this league. Maybe Atlanta just wasn't a good fit. He really did not get much of a chance it Dallas (it may be because he didn't earn it). I am skeptical that he can gain his old form but if he can he will be a bargain.
I do not see Davis, Reed and Price making the team. They will take the best two WRs of the three. Puts more pressure on Davis and Reed. That's a good thing.

SABURZFAN
04-11-2006, 07:24 AM
I kinda like the signing. :couch:

:down:

mysticsoto
04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
I, too, think this is a good signing. People are balking at the $2.5 million, but with salary caps going up, amounts tendered will go up also. That's just common sense. I believe Evans will now need to step up to a #1 role and should command double teams. If he does, Price gets the luxury he had when Moulds was here and should do fine. I think he will battle it out with Davis and given Davis' injury proneness, Price is good assurance.

I do hope this means Reed, Fast Freddie or both get cut now. I've been dying for this to happen for a long time!!!

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 08:06 AM
OK- Price was a nice addition- but this is ridiculous for a guy who **** the bed the last 3 years He addressed this. The situation was bad in Atlanta (and always will be with the 'gimick' at QB) and needed to grow up. he admits Evans is the man and is here to compete for the #2 spot.

Everyone here thought this guy could be the top #2 in the league at one time. If he is a very good #2 then he is worth the money.

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2006, 08:37 AM
He addressed this. The situation was bad in Atlanta (and always will be with the 'gimick' at QB) and needed to grow up. he admits Evans is the man and is here to compete for the #2 spot.

Everyone here thought this guy could be the top #2 in the league at one time. If he is a very good #2 then he is worth the money.

i agree. the Atlanta situation was bad, and wasn't he brought in at the last minute last year by Dallas? if my memory serves me, it wasn't like he really got a full shake from that team.

wait and see what the contract details are before crying too loudly. this could be a very good signing.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 08:40 AM
i agree. the Atlanta situation was bad, and wasn't he brought in at the last minute last year by Dallas? if my memory serves me, it wasn't like he really got a full shake from that team.

wait and see what the contract details are before crying too loudly. this could be a very good signing.

It may well be a good signing, as will fowler, Gibson etal.

Michael82
04-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I didn't mind the signing at first, but now I agree with Dozer. Marv has gone loopy. What is his fascination with $2.5 million a year?!?? :ill: :puke: