PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Gibson

DraftBoy
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Bills | Gibson in good shape?
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:46:25 -0700

Chris Brown, of BuffaloBills.com, reports that newly signed Buffalo Bills OT Aaron Gibson has come into camp in the best shape of his life. The former Detroit Lions first-round draft pick has been hampered by injuries and a weight problem that saw him balloon to over 400 lbs. since coming into the league in 1999. Gibson is attempting to win a spot on the Bills' roster.

THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Hopefully he regains his talent at Wisconsin, he could be dominant.

Devin
04-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I wonder what his current weight is.

venis2k1
04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
fingers crossed.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:38 PM
I wonder what his current weight is. Read somewhere about 370 or a little under. Hey if the kid can come in at 360 and move well, good for us.

I am officially rooting he takes over at RT and our most athletic guy (Peters) switches to LT.

DraftBoy
04-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Read somewhere about 370 or a little under. Hey if the kid can come in at 360 and move well, good for us.

I am officially rooting he takes over at RT and our most athletic guy (Peters) switches to LT.

So then youd be against drafting Justice or an OT in Round 1.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
So then youd be against drafting Justice or an OT in Round 1.

IF he can do the job, Yes. It gives us a first round talent at tackle and an up and coming possible stud. hey if Peters can go one on one with my by J Peppers and do a good job...he can have LT.

I love the Gibson signing, I just pray the kid got his SH#@ togther. Skill wasn't the issue, personal discipline and hard work were.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I think the Gibson signing will be a very good one for us. It sounds as if he really wants to prove himself and get his career back on track. He won't be 29 until September, so he may have some good football left in him.

I can see him at RT with Peters shifting to the left side, or at LT, either backing up or replacing Gandy.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:51 PM
I think the Gibson signing will be a very good one for us. It sounds as if he really wants to prove himself and get his career back on track. He won't be 29 until September, so he may have some good football left in him.

I can see him at RT with Peters shifting to the left side, or at LT, either backing up or replacing Gandy.

I would really like to see him start at RT and Peters at LT. Let gandy fight it out at LG or be a backup to both tackle positions.

YardRat
04-10-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd leave Peters at right tackle and put Gibson on the left side.

Guys who have played left tackle all their lives get schooled by NFL right defensive ends, let alone a FA tight end who's been playing out on the island for less than a year.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 04:55 PM
if gandy dont start cut his ass.. why pay a BACKUP almost $3 million dollars

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Its called quality depth Pat. Gibson is a former first round talent that ate himself out of the league. If he has learned from that, and become more mature in his time off, this line just got MUCH better really quick.

Gandy is a backup that is serviceable as a starter. I am sick of having 'serviceable' linemen. Get GOOD linemen on that damn line. Gibson can be that if he comes to work hard and we already know peters is good

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I'd leave Peters at right tackle and put Gibson on the left side.

Guys who have played left tackle all their lives get schooled by NFL right defensive ends, let alone a FA tight end who's been playing out on the island for less than a year.

You put your most athletic tackle at LT. He faces the best passrushers week in and week out. That would be peters.

Mudflap1
04-10-2006, 05:01 PM
If Miami or the Jets signed Aaron Gibson and Peerless Price, we'd all be laughing at them right now saying how lame they are.

That being said, everybody gets a chance. Let's see what they can do. Maybe they'll surprise us. Until then, stop "penciling" in people as starters and using words like "dominant" or even "good" in the same sentence as their names.

Jon

Billzz
04-10-2006, 05:19 PM
If Miami or the Jets signed Aaron Gibson and Peerless Price, we'd all be laughing at them right now saying how lame they are.

That being said, everybody gets a chance. Let's see what they can do. Maybe they'll surprise us. Until then, stop "penciling" in people as starters and using words like "dominant" or even "good" in the same sentence as their names.

Jon

lol

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 06:18 PM

Jon

To look at the Depth chart at bb.com.

EDS
04-10-2006, 07:06 PM

Jon

I completely agree. Just because someone was a high round draft pick six years ago does not mean they are a competent starter today. The same goes for someone who was an excellent receiver 3 seasons ago who has done virtually nothing since, except be cut by two wide receiver needy teams.

If these signings work then great - good job Marv, but both of these guys are longshots to even make the team.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:11 PM

Jon

They sure would be laughing.

I find it so damn funny yet so freaking sad about the way people think around here.

If the Jets brought in Craig Nall and said he would be competing for a starting job along with signing Gibson and Price this board would be having a field day. They would be talking about how pathetic they are and how they might win 2 games this year.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I love the offseasons around here. Especially this year. There is so much homerism it's unreal. It's free entertainment.

All that hope and blind faith only to have their hearts crushed by Week 10 and wonder what happened. But then the next wave is that next season will be the year and then we go through the entire offseason homerism once again.