PDA

View Full Version : I wish Ralph would just sell the team.

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 06:32 PM
If he is so concerned about the long-term viability of the franchise of the team and it's future in Buffalo then just get off the pot and sell the team to a local consortium and get it over with. After 35 years I am just sick of RW. He may be only rattling a sword hoping but i really wonder what is going on...does RW just want money...setting the team up to move...setting the team to be turned over to his family...is he hated by other owners...more money, greater franchise worth or whatever. But if REALLY cared about the team staying and making money and it has him that concerned then sell and get out. Take the money and run. If this continues until he dies what has he earned? The only way the team stays is if he sells the team while he is alive, otherwise, they are gone. I really wish he would get out.

Mitchy moo
04-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Can you hear me in the back?

Nighthawk
04-10-2006, 06:51 PM
If he is so concerned about the long-term viability of the franchise of the team and it's future in Buffalo then just get off the pot and sell the team to a local consortium and get it over with. After 35 years I am just sick of RW. He may be only rattling a sword hoping but i really wonder what is going on...does RW just want money...setting the team up to move...setting the team to be turned over to his family...is he hated by other owners...more money, greater franchise worth or whatever. But if REALLY cared about the team staying and making money and it has him that concerned then sell and get out. Take the money and run. If this continues until he dies what has he earned? The only way the team stays is if he sells the team while he is alive, otherwise, they are gone. I really wish he would get out.

I agree 100%...its time for Ralph to move on. It seems to me that there are plenty of business people who would be more than willing to be part of a partnership to buy the Bills. Do aspects of the CBA have to be worked out? YES...but I'd much rather have a new regime in here leading this team in a new direction. Ralph is from the old school and if the Bills are to survive, the need some new blood in there...just like the Sabres. Better marketing, better direction...just plain better.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 06:59 PM
I agree 100%...its time for Ralph to move on. It seems to me that there are plenty of business people who would be more than willing to be part of a partnership to buy the Bills. Do aspects of the CBA have to be worked out? YES...but I'd much rather have a new regime in here leading this team in a new direction. Ralph is from the old school and if the Bills are to survive, the need some new blood in there...just like the Sabres. Better marketing, better direction...just plain better.

Agreed

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I think he sells this team before 2006 is over...

Some stuff has to be worked out but at the end of the day, he will give Buffalo its greatest gift, and sell to an owner, who will keep the team in Buffalo..

I dont think he kept the team here 46 years just to die being one of the most hated people in WNY history, which will happen if he moves the team

Nighthawk
04-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I think he sells this team before 2006 is over...

Some stuff has to be worked out but at the end of the day, he will give Buffalo its greatest gift, and sell to an owner, who will keep the team in Buffalo..

I dont think he kept the team here 46 years just to die being one of the most hated people in WNY history, which will happen if he moves the team

You ain't kiddin'!

The_Philster
04-10-2006, 07:54 PM
That may be his plan...which may be part of why he's pushing so hard on this now...to ensure a new owner wouldn't have to move the team to keep it financially viable. :scratch:

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Gotta agree with you, Eb.

And after the mess this offseason you have to be wondering what his line of thinking is along with Marv Levy.

This has been the worst offseason I can ever remember. Millions of dollars tied up into a bunch of castoffs from other teams instead of taking that money and just signing somebody who can actually make a big difference.

The_Philster
04-10-2006, 08:13 PM
like who?

BillyT92679
04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
It's all contingent on revenue sharing. If the Bills can get revenue sharing in Buffalo with a new owner, then sell.

Otherwise, the team is out of here when Ralph passes on.

chernobylwraiths
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM

What a load of crap Eb. And one other thing, ROLLERBALL?! If you are gonna describe a movie, make it one that somebody has seen in the last 25 years!

Michael82
04-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I think that once the Revenue sharing thing is taken care of, Ralph is going to sell majority ownership of the Buffalo Bills to Tom Golisano.

:pray:

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Lets hope he sells. G has the money to give SB's like snyder and JJ. We would have a hell of a lot of cap room this next year to boot!

Saratoga Slim
04-11-2006, 11:46 AM
That may be his plan...which may be part of why he's pushing so hard on this now...to ensure a new owner wouldn't have to move the team to keep it financially viable. :scratch:

Could be. Hopefully his efforts pay off, whether for him or the next owner.

Michael82
04-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Lets hope he sells. G has the money to give SB's like snyder and JJ. We would have a hell of a lot of cap room this next year to boot!
If you think that Golisano would open up the pocketbook and become another Synder or Jones, you are fooling yourself. He's all about making money and is a good businessman. Look at what he did with the Sabres so far. He has stayed away from the big name trades or signing the big talent last offseason. I think he'll be like Bob Kraft.