PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the homerness once again

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:05 PM
For 3 years this board ripped on Peerless Price and talked about how much of a waste he is. Talked about him being a 1 year wonder. Laughed at him in Atlanta. Really laughed after Dallas also threw him to the curb.

He was garbage to most people here for the last 3 years. No other team tried to get him this year.

But....

Now he is a Buffalo Bill again and all of a sudden what a great signing it was and how we are blessed to have Price back and he's gonna be the same player he was in 2002.

Had he signed with any other team most would be laughing and ripping on him and wouldn't expect anything out of him.

Will it work out? Maybe. I hope so but chances are it won't. He has been garbage for 3 years.

I just find it funny how all of a sudden he is an impact player to the same people who ripped him apart for the last 3 years and talked about how much he sucked and was only a product of being on the other side of Eric Moulds.

What is the reason for this sudden change of opinion? One reason and one reason only and that's because he signed with Buffalo.

Some things will never change. :shakeno: You may start the negging now.

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
For 3 years this board ripped on Peerless Price and talked about how much of a waste he is. Talked about him being a 1 year wonder. Laughed at him in Atlanta. Really laughed after Dallas also threw him to the curb.

He was garbage to most people here for the last 3 years. No other team tried to get him this year.

But....

Now he is a Buffalo Bill again and all of a sudden what a great signing it was and how we are blessed to have Price back and he's gonna be the same player he was in 2002.

Had he signed with any other team most would be laughing and ripping on him and wouldn't expect anything out of him.

Will it work out? Maybe. I hope so chances are it won't though. He has been garbage for 3 years.

I just find it funny how all of a sudden he is an impact player to the same people who ripped him apart for the last 3 years and talked about how much he sucked and was only a product of being on the other side of Eric Moulds.

What is the reason for this sudden change of opinion? Only one reason only and that's because he signed with Buffalo.

I agree.

eeyyeeddoogg
04-10-2006, 07:17 PM
You can add,

-we can get a 1st rd. pick for Travis
-we can get at least a 2nd rd. pick for Moulds
-we will get a 3rd rd. comp pick for Williams/Jennings
-Big Mike is a mauler{actually he was a big pussy}

!Papacrunk!
04-10-2006, 07:19 PM

But....

Will it work out? Maybe. I hope so but chances are it won't. He has been garbage for 3 years.

What is the reason for this sudden change of opinion? One reason and one reason only and that's because he signed with Buffalo.

I agree, but on the other hand, any fan would be guilty of the same thing. Ricky quit on us, then after the TDs, he was the prodigal son. Oh well, lol.

The_Philster
04-10-2006, 07:23 PM
I think you're putting words in people's mouths, Feve. Personally, yeah...I said he could be a good #2 to Evans, but I qualified that statement by saying "if he can reclaim his old form"
Of course I didn't think he was just a product of being opposite Moulds...but he was clearly not a #1 WR and I've yet to see anyone say he'd be one now.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:23 PM
You can add,

-we can get a 1st rd. pick for Travis
-we can get at least a 2nd rd. pick for Moulds
-we will get a 3rd rd. comp pick for Williams/Jennings
-Big Mike is a mauler{actually he was a big pussy}

The list goes on and on. I know firsthand. I argued with people forever about Henry. They all said he was a Top 5 back and had him rated higher then players like Edgerrin James. They were talking a middle first round draft pick for him.

Then it was Moulds and his still elite stats that would easily net us a 2nd round pick.

I didn't get involved with the 3rd round compensation picks for Williams and Jennings though. I just sat back and laughed. I also laughed when everyone thought we were losing Orlando Pace when Jennings left. He was good but not great like everyone thought.

Homers will always overvalue the players on the team. I still remember some people crying when we got rid of Brandon Spoon and how he was a future star. Some thought he was the next Chris Spielman. The same future star that never landed with another team.

The list goes on and on over the years. There is way too many to remember off hand.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I see more people not happy about the signing than are happy about it. I think people are fine giving him a chance to compete. I don't think people are jumping for joy because Peerless Price is on the team.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I think you're putting words in people's mouths, Feve. Personally, yeah...I said he could be a good #2 to Evans, but I qualified that statement by saying "if he can reclaim his old form"
Of course I didn't think he was just a product of being opposite Moulds...but he was clearly not a #1 WR and I've yet to see anyone say he'd be one now.

Have you read all the posts so far? Some already have him penciled in as the #2 and bringing back his 1,200+ yards and 9 TD's. They think we just signed Torry Holt.

I'm proud of you Phil. Sure you are holding out some hope but at least you aren't penciling him as the comeback player of the year already like others are. :clap:

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I see more people not happy about the signing than are happy about it. I think people are fine giving him a chance to compete. I don't think people are jumping for joy because Peerless Price is on the team.

Some are basically jumping for joy. Had it been the Dolphins or Jets that signed him this place would be laughing their asses off and having one hell of a time with it.

The_Philster
04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Have you read all the posts so far? Some already have him penciled in as the #2 and bringing back his 1,200+ yards and 9 TD's. They think we just signed Torry Holt.

I'm proud of you Phil. Sure you are holding out some hope but at least you aren't penciling him as the comeback player of the year already like others are. :clap:
Well, I DID just get home from class so no..I haven't seen all the posts. I will say this though...I feel a little, not a lot, better about the WR situation than I did since we traded away Moulds

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 07:36 PM

I basically see this is a "so what" signing.. Price has been a bum for three years running now.

But then again, he fits into the continuous crap and projects that keep being brought in to OBD this off-season.. Sooner or later, some of them have to work out.

Seeing what this team has become, I got no problem giving him a shot.. He cant much worse than Josh Reed, who we also gave $10 million too.

BAM
04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I basically see this is a "so what" signing.. Price has been a bum for three years running now.

But then again, he fits into the continuous crap and projects that keep being brought in to OBD this off-season.. Sooner or later, some of them have to work out.

Seeing what this team has become, I got no problem giving him a shot.. He cant much worse than Josh Reed, who we also gave $10 million too.

Exactly.

I haven't seen one person compare him to Tory Holt.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Nighthawk
04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
The one thing that you have to understand is that most people said that he is a good #2 and not a #1 WR. That turned out to be true and now he is back as a #2 and many think he will bring something to the Bills. I am one of those people. However, he has to get back some of the magic that made him so good as a #2 before...if that happens, then it was a good pickup.

The_Philster
04-10-2006, 07:45 PM
That's the key...cause what was he in Dallas? Not even a #3? :scratch:

BAM
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm pretty much just happy that I get to wear my old Price jersey again.

Iehoshua
04-10-2006, 07:46 PM
All I ever said is he would never be a #1, and that he's overrated.

...I'm also not signing praises for his return, either.

BillsFever21
04-10-2006, 07:52 PM

If you sign enough turds you're bound to score on 1 or two of them I guess. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while.

Now all we need to do is bring in a dozen turds each of the next 3 offseasons and we might score with a few surprises. The bad thing is by that time other good players will have left when their contract is up.

Philagape
04-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I think he can be our #2 .... not because he's any good, but because our other WRs are no better :ill: