PDA

View Full Version : What does this say for Parrish.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Since March, we've resigned Josh Reed, and signed Andre Davis and Peerless Price.

It's very realistic to assume that Parrish will be the 5th receiver.. Hell they aint cutting Aiken, so unless they keep six he may not even be here.

THis guy was a second round pick just one year ago, and now we sign THREE WR's this offseason..

Great pick Donahoe.
But don't worry marv fans.. After his four years are up and he does nothing, Levy will resign him and probably give him $10 million to boot.

mikemac2001
04-10-2006, 08:34 PM
josh reed = good special teamer and shotgun blocker

Andre davis = A number 3 who might become something more

peerless = was a solid number 2 but injuries and some attitude problems in ATL created problems

Parrish = 2nd year wr who has some deep ball and over middle potential

EVENS PEERLESS DAVIS PARRISH = 4 wr singleback all day long ....i kinda like this WR core for madden but not sure about real life

Ebenezer
04-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Since March, we've resigned Josh Reed, and signed Andre Davis and Peerless Price.

It's very realistic to assume that Parrish will be the 5th receiver.. Hell they aint cutting Aiken, so unless they keep six he may not even be here.

THis guy was a second round pick just one year ago, and now we sign THREE WR's this offseason..

Great pick Donahoe.
But don't worry marv fans.. After his four years are up and he does nothing, Levy will resign him and probably give him $10 million to boot.
it says the same as the Erik Flowers pick in 2000...somebody paniced and made a REACH!!!

hydro
04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
josh reed = good special teamer and shotgun blocker

Andre davis = A number 3 who might become something more

peerless = was a solid number 2 but injuries and some attitude problems in ATL created problems

Parrish = 2nd year wr who has some deep ball and over middle potential

EVENS PEERLESS DAVIS PARRISH = 4 wr singleback all day long ....i kinda like this WR core for madden but not sure about real life

I agree! Madden 07 better have Losman with a strong arm so that we can throw the deep route all day because Holcomb (like real life) wont have a chance.

John Doe
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Parrish is what he is: the slot reciever in the 3-wide out set.

He will not move down the depth chart because we signed Price or Davis.

ICE74129
04-10-2006, 09:03 PM
We are going 3 wide as the base set. Evans, Price will start with Davis and Reed splitting time in the slot.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 09:04 PM
And that leaves Parrish where?

Kenny
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM

As our punt returner. Great pickup last year huh?

Dozerdog
04-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I think it's safe that we won't be drafting one...LOL

Forward_Lateral
04-10-2006, 09:10 PM

Who cares.

TacklingDummy
04-10-2006, 09:12 PM

Not to mention Michael Vick blows as a passer. I'd hate to be any WR on ATL.

camelcowboy
04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Parrish is going to be Marv's tasker, Special teamer. I think McGee won't be doing that as much anymore.

patmoran2006
04-10-2006, 09:18 PM
I think it's safe that we won't be drafting one...LOL

Yep.. Totally blew my Marv 1-2 shocker of drafing Vernon Davis first and Maurice Stouvall second and combining with Willis and Evans for a NASTY combo.

That was my secret hope from March 10.. That Marv would spend big on DT and Guard in FA and drafted Davis/Stouvall 1-2.

dannyek71
04-10-2006, 09:25 PM
1) Evans
2) Price
3) Roscoe
4) Reed/Davis

Mr B
04-10-2006, 09:36 PM

Great pick Donahoe.

It says he is still afraid of snow.

Bling
04-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I will say this, I remember one year where I believe the Phins had Oronde Gadsen, Chris Chambers, James McKnight, (maybe Dedric Ward) and Snoop Minnis all fighting for some spots. As a sports fan, you probably know most of those guys. Phins fans were all gawking wondering who would start where. Then Snoop Minnis got cut, Gadsen ****ed up big time after that injury he had, and Miami had one of the worst WR corps. You guys may have a bunch of potential guys, and are banking on someone to step up, but there's no gurantee anyone will. I would not be surprised if Price is released, Davis has problems and the depth chart looks like this.

1. Evans
2. Reed
3. Parrish
4. Davis
5. Aikens

Don't sell out Parrish yet. You have plenty of time to weed out the crap. I don't particularly like Parrish, but right now, imo, he's AS GOOD as Davis and Price. All of them have potential, who's going to blossom?

YardRat
04-10-2006, 10:15 PM
I see Parrish and Reed splitting time at the #3 or slot position, and Roscoe devoting a lot of his time returning kicks as well as punts.

If anybody is the odd man out in this group, it's Davis, IMO.

TigerJ
04-10-2006, 10:50 PM
This says more about the offence that Buffalo intends to run this coming season than anything about Parrish. Buffalo now has 4 receivers on the roster who can run the 40 in 4.4 or faster, and all of them have a good chance to make the final roster. Not many teams can put such speed on the field at the same time. I can think of one team that has had a lot of speed at WR, the St. Louis Rams. Hmm, that's where Steve Fairchild did his most recent work. You think there might be a connection?

I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched, but if the Bills offence does gel pretty quickly in training camp they could put some fear in opposing secondaries. Of course, to do that Buffalo needs a QB who can get the ball to those speedy receivers.

Tatonka
04-10-2006, 11:34 PM
it says the same as the Erik Flowers pick in 2000...somebody paniced and made a REACH!!!

while i can agree that he was a reach.. this kid has real talent.. if he was lee evans size or bigger, he would have been long gone by the 2nd round..

he is just small.. he has great hands and incredible quicks and top end speed.

people just need to realize that we are looking at our dante hall... or that is the hope.. now taking a dante hall with the 2nd round pick probably wasnt the greatest idea, but dont blame parrish for that.

people keep talking about what these signings say about one guy or the other..

nall.. what does that say for jp..

fowler.. what does that say for preston..

royal..what does that say about everett..

davis, price, reed, aiken.. what does that say about fast freddie.. about parrish, about george wilson (who looked very good in preseason)..

gibson.. what does that say about gandy or peters or anderson..ect..

do you know what all of this says.. that there is going to be a bunch of hungry guys that believe they can start for this team and the best guy will be at the top.

if roscoe is a player and he deserves to be on this team, he will be.. and if he tanks, then he may not be on the team. same for price.. same for any of them.

ddaryl
04-11-2006, 02:37 AM
What does it say about Parrish

It says if you want to play you better step up

The_Philster
04-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Parrish is going to be Marv's tasker, Special teamer. I think McGee won't be doing that as much anymore.
which part are you talking about eliminating McGee from? He's too explosive as a KO returner to move him away from that.

Marvelous
04-11-2006, 05:47 AM
Does Parrish matter? Besides him being a 2nd round pick he isn't valued high. He's super small and fast but Randle El & Santana Moss we're more groomed as rookies and even they took a few years so Parrish can fall some on the depth chart as he learns & gets some nice comfy exp for the next 2 seasons. Depth is good!!!

don137
04-11-2006, 07:18 AM
You can't judge a WR after his first year. They are like QBs and take a year or two to develop. I still think Parrish can be a good contributor to this team. Before his injury in pre-season last year he looked real good.
I would be surprised if Reed, Price and Davis are on the team in New England on September 11th. One of them will be cut.

Ebenezer
04-11-2006, 04:14 PM
while i can agree that he was a reach.. this kid has real talent.. if he was lee evans size or bigger, he would have been long gone by the 2nd round..

he is just small.. he has great hands and incredible quicks and top end speed.

my comment regarding him being a reach was more of an indictment of TD than Parrish. I like the kid. I just think he is too small when you consider the WR corps for this team.

camelcowboy
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
which part are you talking about eliminating McGee from? He's too explosive as a KO returner to move him away from that.
I know but i think McGee is too valuable at corner to stay on special teams. He needs stay healthy, special teams isn't the easiest on the body. Parrish can be close to as affective. He isn't starting as well, so he could have big role on this team.

Mr. Pink
04-11-2006, 04:50 PM
my comment regarding him being a reach was more of an indictment of TD than Parrish. I like the kid. I just think he is too small when you consider the WR corps for this team.

He's 165 pounds, he can't go over the middle, ever, or he'll get killed. Maybe literally killed. He needs to put on about 15-20 pounds more in muscle/mass to be able to withstand the wear, tear and punishment of being an NFL player. Problem with that is when he puts on some more mass he may lose speed. He loses speed you're stuck with a worthless player. YaY for catch 22 situations!