PDA

View Full Version : Free agent starters

YardRat
04-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I see a possibility for six of the FA pick-ups stepping into the starting line up this year. Price at WR, Royal at TE, Gibson and Fowler on the o-line, Nall at QB, and Triplett at DT.

Throw in another possibility of two starters (guard, defensive tackle, or safety) coming from the draft for a total of eight, and you've turned over, possibly upgraded, an entire third of your starting line up in a single off-season.
<!-- / message -->
That wouldn't be a bad crop for the off season, would it?
<!-- / message -->

Meathead
04-10-2006, 10:58 PM
bowens appears a lot more likely than gibson to start

Tatonka
04-10-2006, 11:20 PM
i dont know that any of them are going to start.. but all of them could start.. training camp should be as interesting as any training camp we have ever had before.. there are going to be a ton of battles this year.. guys are going to be going all out knowing that they could be the guy.

pintonick96
04-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Gibson won't start. I believe you meant Davis at WR. Peerless Price isn't gonna make the team. But I believe alot of those could and most likely will start. Nall is another one up in the air, but he has a 33.3% chance of starting.

ryjam282
04-11-2006, 08:14 AM
I am sure PP will make the team. His role is still up in the air. If he can show an inkling of what he did his last year here he will be either the 2 or 3. I think right now, it is between him and Parrish for the 3 spot right now. The guy can still run very well. I just hope that rumor about his degenerative eye isn't true.

I think Gibson has just as much a chance to start at tackle but if he shows he can handle it, I believe they will move him to RT and move Peters to LT. It should be a very good camp, and I think that a few jobs could change hands. I am not sure about Bowens though as I don't know much about him just yet.

But, I think all the signings just show that we will either be drafting Davis in the first and then addressing DT and Guard later both of which can be had later in this draft, or we will definitely be taking Bunkley and then a Guard in RD2. In scenario 1, taking Davis would be ideal. That would upgrade this poor offense from last year and give the QB another weapon and no one will be able to key on Willis as much. Then, maybe the DT from Michigan in the 2nd or Jean-Gilles the Guard from UGA. In Scenario 2, Bunkley would be a huge upgrade over Tim Anderson at DT and then we could get Jean Gilles in the 2nd or that TE from Notre Dame. Lot's of options for us, should be fun to watch.

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Gibson won't start. I believe you meant Davis at WR. Peerless Price isn't gonna make the team. But I believe alot of those could and most likely will start. Nall is another one up in the air, but he has a 33.3% chance of starting.

What are you smoking? Price will make the team.

Meathead
04-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Nall is another one up in the air, but he has a 33.3% chance of starting.
eh i dont know

id put it more like this

50% losman
30% holcomb
20% nall

i think marv wants jp to start because he has the most upside but he knows he cant just hand him the job or he'll risk creating the same exact divided locker room as they had before. if jp wins the job after a competition then it makes it a lot harder for anyone to make a big issue out of it later

nall is a flyer that they are taking hoping he might be on the verge of a veteran breakout, could go either way

holcomb is a great insurance policy for this season should the other two crap the bed

i suspect they'll go into the season with these three guys hoping one of them will become the undisputed franchise qb by the end of the season. its best for everybody if that guy is losman but theyre covering their bases in case he flops

ICE74129
04-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Starters out of this FA group...

Fowler
Price
Davis (slot)
Bowens (yes pat he starts)
Gibson most likely.
Royal
Tripplet

Nall if JP doesn't get the job

pintonick96
04-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Gibson was out of football last year. No chance of him starting. He's a fat fxck and can't move. Peerless Price couldn't make the ****ty WR Falcons last year, and was cut by the Cowboys who don't have ANYONE after Meshawn and Terry Glenn. Triplett will, Bowens most likely, Andre Davis, and Fowler are going to start. Nall could but its up in the air. Price probably won't but I've been wrong before. Gibson will only start if Peters, Gandy, AND Dylan McFarland get hurt.

Michael82
04-11-2006, 12:39 PM
i dont know that any of them are going to start.. but all of them could start.. training camp should be as interesting as any training camp we have ever had before.. there are going to be a ton of battles this year.. guys are going to be going all out knowing that they could be the guy.
I guess I'll be pretty busy this year. :ontome: